Huskie Fans Thread

307husker

I'm a Husky fan who was at the game today. I traveled to the game on a boat with tons of Huskers, and chatted with lots of you. You folks are the greatest fans a team would ever want. Very enthusiastic and very classy. Thanks for coming to Seattle. It was awesome to see the sea of red. I hope we can return the favor next year in Lincoln. Have a great season.

They have this thing called "The Zone" its a huge pavilion right behind the score board.... Man its awesome have a drink get some food, play football with the kiddies, what an amazing idea....

Is it similar to the Husker Pavilion area on the NE edge of Memorial Stadium?

Sorta... Along with kids stuff, they have cabanas people can rent and tailgate, a huge bar, really good food, the local sports show was broadcast from there etc... Its really a fun place for everyone, not just families (read kids)

I thought the NCAA prohibited the sale of alcohol within 100 yards of the stadium?

Its possible the actual bar was that far away... but it was connected to the field, you could go out during the game etc. Last B12 champ game I was at had a beer garden, as did the one in Dallas, although I was not there to see it..

They have this thing called "The Zone" its a huge pavilion right behind the score board.... Man its awesome have a drink get some food, play football with the kiddies, what an amazing idea....

Is it similar to the Husker Pavilion area on the NE edge of Memorial Stadium?

Sorta... Along with kids stuff, they have cabanas people can rent and tailgate, a huge bar, really good food, the local sports show was broadcast from there etc... Its really a fun place for everyone, not just families (read kids)

I thought the NCAA prohibited the sale of alcohol within 100 yards of the stadium?

Its possible the actual bar was that far away... but it was connected to the field, you could go out during the game etc. Last B12 champ game I was at had a beer garden, as did the one in Dallas, although I was not there to see it..

Gotcha, thanks for the info.

The husky fans i sat around were classy. well educated and fun to be around. the stadium was ROCKING in the first half. it was a blast to be here in seattle for this game. also the after party at the fox sports bar and grill was off the hook. sea of red! loved it! thank you for the hospitality seattle!

Its easy to say things like this when you win but I will definately be rooting for UDub the rest of the season- espeicially against USC!

Locker had a terrible day but we also knew we have potentially the best secondary in the country. This game put a serious dent in his Heisman chances but the guy is a player- he'll recover and learn from this.

Gotta say, i love the Huskies coaches. its going to be a tough road but i think they'll have the program back in the top 25 eventually.

Good Luck, Huskies!

Go Big Red!!

You have a great team. It is a crine that if Ohio State and Alabama go undefeated, the Huskers will not get a shot at the title. Just a crime. Shore up the run D a bit, and that D may be the best in the country.

If (very, very big IF) it comes down to OSU, Bama, NU and most likely Boise all going undefeated-that just might be the perfect storm that leads to the end of the BCS system. There's a ton of football left to be played, and history says that these things usually sort themselves out by the end of the season.