Crowd noise

During the Neb third down attempts in the first and early second quarters, it was probably the loudest its been since the Apple Cup or win over Oregon in 2003. I was in the Tyee section on the 45 and even the older folks were standing and yelling. The USC upset last year did not have the same energy or atmosphere. The UW fanbase is taking nano steps in some of the basics of fandom, as there has been little to cheer about for six ridiculous years.

The Husky fans were definitely loud early in the game. I was starting to get worried that the crowd noise would really have an affect on the O-Line and Martinez being able to call out audibles if needed. Even the commentators were commenting on how loud it was.

My family sat in the upper north side under the awning. The crowd was as loud as I've heard on a couple ocasions. I also thought I heard crowd noise coming from the PA system????? I've never heard that before, anywhere, and still don't know what to think of that. (very odd) Most of the fans were great and only a few bone heads. Over all, the experience was good.

PS the directions given by UW was unbelievable. I feel like I received directions from Dell's tech support, in India..... it was like whoever sent them either had never been there or pourposely sent us on a wild goose chase. Really disapointing.

The "Go Big Red!" chant was pretty loud several times... :bonesflag:

Gave me chills when I heard that :bigredn:

I got chills too, I couldn't believe the anouncers didn't mention it. How rare is it that you can here a visting teams chant on tv, after the last two touchdowns the GO BIG RED chants were clear as day.

During the Neb third down attempts in the first and early second quarters, it was probably the loudest its been since the Apple Cup or win over Oregon in 2003. I was in the Tyee section on the 45 and even the older folks were standing and yelling. The USC upset last year did not have the same energy or atmosphere. The UW fanbase is taking nano steps in some of the basics of fandom, as there has been little to cheer about for six ridiculous years.

Props to UW for getting it loud, the combo of stadium design, and a student section flanking the 50 really made for a sonic assault.. Got to admit except for the booing when the Huskers took the field, most fans were really nice to talk to, even the night before really had fun giving some ribbing to each other... Thanks UW fans, I had a great time and cant wait to return...

Can anyone explain the stuffed chicken thing, and the chat that went with it?

My family sat in the upper north side under the awning. The crowd was as loud as I've heard on a couple ocasions. I also thought I heard crowd noise coming from the PA system????? I've never heard that before, anywhere, and still don't know what to think of that. (very odd) Most of the fans were great and only a few bone heads. Over all, the experience was good.

It's funny you say that. I can't google the article right now but there has been accusations that Washington has piped in extra noise in the past. I don't think it was ever proven, but it's not the first time I've heard that.

Thankfully there was no reason to be concerned with crowd noise after about three minutes into the third quarter.

The Husky fans were definitely loud early in the game. I was starting to get worried that the crowd noise would really have an affect on the O-Line and Martinez being able to call out audibles if needed. Even the commentators were commenting on how loud it was.

Even with headsets on and TVs nearby, those commentators mentioned on at least one occassion they didn't know what a certain penalty was b/c they couldn't hear the ref.

We had enough people in the stadium that during the 4th quarter, Husker fans were doing an honest 360-degree wave in Husky stadium! It was Epic!!!

We OWNED Husky Stadium!!!

The Washington Fans were very nice; same good, friendly folks we see in Lincoln.

RiverRunner

That wave went around 5 times. The funny part was when it hit the Husky fans, there were a few (maybe 10) speratically spred out husker fans and they were the only ones to stand up. LOL then it kept going after them. It was great. The only Husky fans I noticed standing were walking for the exits. LOL

It's funny you say that. I can't google the article right now but there has been accusations that Washington has piped in extra noise in the past. I don't think it was ever proven, but it's not the first time I've heard that.

Thankfully there was no reason to be concerned with crowd noise after about three minutes into the third quarter.

And I wasn't trying to start any acusations. I was just a little miffed to hear that. I honestly didn't know what to think. We had a discusion about 5 rows around me about it. I thought maybe I was just hearing things but then again about 40 other fans had the same feeling? That was just wierd.

And I wasn't trying to start any acusations. I was just a little miffed to hear that. I honestly didn't know what to think. We had a discusion about 5 rows around me about it. I thought maybe I was just hearing things but then again about 40 other fans had the same feeling? That was just wierd.

I was shocked at the noise levels too. Before the game someone started a "Go Big Red" cheer, and the student section started cheering and it was unreal. I dont think they pumped it in, its the canopy reflecting the sound back, just as your yell is louder when you cup your hands the stadium is louder due to the reflection, and that would also create the illusion of the sound coming from the speakers as they are located under the canopy.

I was shocked at the noise levels too. Before the game someone started a "Go Big Red" cheer, and the student section started cheering and it was unreal. I dont think they pumped it in, its the canopy reflecting the sound back, just as your yell is louder when you cup your hands the stadium is louder due to the reflection, and that would also create the illusion of the sound coming from the speakers as they are located under the canopy.

Good point. And maybe right on the money. But the speakers were pretty close to us and I could have swore I heard the speakers when the crowed wasn't super loud. It could have been an echo but, it sure sounded like a speaker and a recording at that. (not real good quality) the poor quaility of the sound is what caught my attention. I will not say it was comming from the speaker, without a doubt, but it sure did capture the attention of alot of fans around me.

Good point. And maybe right on the money. But the speakers were pretty close to us and I could have swore I heard the speakers when the crowed wasn't super loud. It could have been an echo but, it sure sounded like a speaker and a recording at that. (not real good quality) the poor quaility of the sound is what caught my attention. I will not say it was comming from the speaker, without a doubt, but it sure did capture the attention of alot of fans around me.

And you may be right. I sit on the west side of Memorial and from time to time the sound coming from North stadium seems to just burst out over the field. On occasion I have wondered if someone just pumped noise through the PA. Either way I guess there really isn't any way to prove it. Check out this vid of the team leaving the field. Number one, if you didn't get to see it, it neat that the team did it for us, and second listen to the way some whistles etc seem to just boom. I didn't sit up there, so I cant second guess what you heard, I would hope to think UW is a class act and would not engage in activities like that.