New Fan

Tailbone

As on many other boards, I offered some unsolicited, uninvited, and perhaps unwelcomed comments but oddly, I've never been made to feel more welcome.

I first posted from a desire to "educate" arrogant Husker fans about life outside of Lincoln - that Memorial isn't the only loud stadium in the country, that a small I-AA school too had proud fans, that I-aa can play some good football.

It was I who received an education - that despite a justifiable arrogance, Nebraska fans are among the best, most reasonable and polite fans it's been my pleasure to "talk" to. As a group you epitomize what good fans should be.

As a quote by HACK on another thread said:

but as a polite nebraskan.........because, gosh darn it, we're nebraskans. were just friendly like that, even when we disagree.

And you truly are.

I'm probably not going to be around much but I wanted to wish you all the best of luck this season.

You've done what your football team couldn't - made a Nebraska fan of me.

GO HUSKERS!

Righton, thanks for the sentiments Tailbone. Its interesting how obscure allegiances are formed, b/c Im also now pretty intrigued to follow Montana football, simply from the exchange with your fans in that "decibel thread" - now if only your games were on TV around here more often than once a year during the playoffs! I actually would even like to get out to a game someday.

Best of luck to the Griz as well, & let us know how things are going when you get a chance. :cheers