Running game concern

godd2

I am alittle concerned about our running game in the fact that to me it seems like t-magic is running too much. we have 2 great RBs so i think we should hand it off more. it seems like t-magic gets 50%+ and the the RBs get the rest. i think we should use the RBs and avoid getting t-magic hurt. then let him bust a few out every now and then...

am i being to cautious??

I am alittle concerned about our running game in the fact that to me it seems like t-magic is running too much. we have 2 great RBs so i think we should hand it off more. it seems like t-magic gets 50%+ and the the RBs get the rest. i think we should use the RBs and avoid getting t-magic hurt. then let him bust a few out every now and then...

am i being to cautious??

Yes.

am i being to cautious??

I dont think Zenitram is getting anywhere near 50% of the carries. As a matter of fact a quick run down of the rush stats shows Zenitram has 31% of the carries while the RB's are sporting 55% of the carries. This offense will call for Zenitram to run alot untill he developes a serious passing threat. I think we will see that percentage goes down as the coaches get more comfortable with him throwing the ball. You could tell this weekend the coaches were worried about the amount of snaps Zenitram was getting by putting in CG and then on the ensuing drive they called for handoffs up the middle for the entire stretch of the field. I wouldnt worry about it too much.

As opposing Ds get wise to our talented QB they will key in on him more with contain Dlines and maybe a spy so we will have to adapt and use Tmart as a decoy and that will be deadly as we have seen how well our RBs have done. Id like to see more quick throws from the offense as well, get it out of tmarts hands on quick slants.

am i being to cautious??

meth is a bad drug my friend chuckleshuffle:rollin

As opposing Ds get wise to our talented QB they will key in on him more with contain Dlines and maybe a spy so we will have to adapt and use Tmart as a decoy and that will be deadly as we have seen how well our RBs have done. Id like to see more quick throws from the offense as well, get it out of tmarts hands on quick slants.

Just wait till they mix in the option pass. I am sure they are working on those kinds of plays and we will kill a team with it in a big moment. I bet we see it during the UT game.

I think they made a point to tell Martinez at half to hand the ball to the RBs more. They had great success in the first drive and when the offense really started clicking in the 2nd half, it was because the RB's were handling the ball more. All part of the maturation process of a young QB. I'm sure he wanted to take the game in his hands and win it himself. But, in reality, that wasn't needed, he needed to share the wealth. When he did, we were flat out unstoppable.

Just wait till they mix in the option pass. I am sure they are working on those kinds of plays and we will kill a team with it in a big moment. I bet we see it during the UT game.

I think the TD pass to McNeil was off of play action from the Zone read play. I could be mistaken though, but I thought it was.

I think the TD pass to McNeil was off of play action from the Zone read play. I could be mistaken though, but I thought it was.

I wouldnt know, a thunderstorm was rolling through at that time and my dish decided to go buzzt..errrrr..uh..oh yeah there it is, next thing I see we are kicking an extra point.

I think they made a point to tell Martinez at half to hand the ball to the RBs more. They had great success in the first drive and when the offense really started clicking in the 2nd half, it was because the RB's were handling the ball more. All part of the maturation process of a young QB. I'm sure he wanted to take the game in his hands and win it himself. But, in reality, that wasn't needed, he needed to share the wealth. When he did, we were flat out unstoppable.

Actually is was all part of the game plan. Get them to focus on T magic and then when they started focusing on him hand it off. And alot of it is what the D Fense gives you..its an option read. An article in the OWH quotes one of their linebackers saying exactly this. They put a spy on him and stopped him and once we started pounding inside with the RB's the attention went off TMagic and into the inside running lanes... once that happened boom 80 yards to the outside, because everyone sold out to stop the inside run. :corndance

Its funny how quickly we can forget the past (where we just forgot about the past). A few years ago we were complaining about this spread/pass offense and why isn't the QB keeping on the run. I think the QB keeping the ball worked pretty well for us for about 30 years or so with guys named Gill, Frazier, Crouch.

Most of our running plays are read plays, Marinez is keeping or giving based on what the defense is offering. It's not as if EVERY play is designed for Taylor to have the ball. Yes, youre worrying a bit.

This.

Martinez is making the choice to keep it or hand it off. If he wants to run the ball 20 times a game, that's his choice and not the coaches. I only remember one or MAYBE two plays last game where Martinez had a designed run.