Kansas St - What awaits us?

tman

Like the article says, Daniel Thomas is all they have. Their quarterback is mediocre at best and their defense is a sieve. They have lacking talent at wr, so dont be suprised if we just dont base it up with a 3rd linebacker, play man on the edges and just bring on mr thomas.

This pretty much sums it up. I'm far more concerned about the game in Stillwater than I am with the wildcats.

I'm not that worried about KSU, either. They're currently 83rd in the country against the run, after playing a schedule even weaker than ours. They're giving up 176 yards per game to Iowa State, UCLA and Missouri State. That doesn't bode well for shutting down the Huskers.

On the flip side, Daniel Thomas is 2nd in the nation in rushing, and he's gaining yards in huge chunks. The guy is legit, but as everyone seems to agree, if they rely solely on him, Bo will find a way to shut him down, or failing that to slow him down enough to make it impossible to keep up with our offense.

No Snyder-coached team is "easy" to beat these days. But this one isn't a juggernaut.

I'm not that worried about KSU, either. They're currently 83rd in the country against the run, after playing a schedule even weaker than ours. They're giving up 176 yards per game to Iowa State, UCLA and Missouri State. That doesn't bode well for shutting down the Huskers.

On the flip side, Daniel Thomas is 2nd in the nation in rushing, and he's gaining yards in huge chunks. The guy is legit, but as everyone seems to agree, if they rely solely on him, Bo will find a way to shut him down, or failing that to slow him down enough to make it impossible to keep up with our offense.

No Snyder-coached team is "easy" to beat these days. But this one isn't a juggernaut.

We'll be stacking the box early against KSU forcing them to make throws and relying on our CB's to make plays in man to man coverage.

How KSU does will depend on how well their QB can throw short passes under pressure to guys who are covered like white on rice in a paper plate in a snow storm.

Daniel Thomas is a BIG-time player........and our run D hasn't exactly been sharp

Ya I'm a lil worried.......

Why would you be worried? Carl stated that sometimes you give up more from the running game with our defensive set up and that they can adjust this if they need to.

I doubt that we'd have any trouble pulling Hagg for half the game and going back to a base 4-3 with Whaley as the third LB. If we score like I think we should score, half the game should put us ahead by three scores, then they're going to have to abandon the run if they hope to win.

Lol Ksu going to passing game = wildcat suicide Can you say 6 interceptions? haha

I doubt that we'd have any trouble pulling Hagg for half the game and going back to a base 4-3 with Whaley as the third LB. If we score like I think we should score, half the game should put us ahead by three scores, then they're going to have to abandon the run if they hope to win.

Lol Ksu going to passing game = wildcat suicide Can you say 6 interceptions? haha

Oh yes. Yes I can. :D