Kansas St - What awaits us?

tman

KSU is a one man show with Thomas. With average at best quarterback play, no real threat at WR, and a defense that would cause Pelini's head to explode if it were his own, KSU is going to have to rely on something other than Thomas to win this game. We're the most important game on their schedule this year, so I expect them to pull out all the stops.

That said, we have two weeks to prepare for them after the jack rabbits. I think that's plenty of time for Bo to diagnose KSU's running game and stifle it.

KSU could win this if Nebraska didn't have Martinez at quarterback, but I think his running threat on the outside will turn this into a blowout. I could see a similar result to the Nebraska/Washington game happening in this one.

i think (hope) Bo is really limiting the hype.... easy to look past someone (even when you are thinking you aren't).. so my feeling is dont take anything for granted and dont make proclomations of how easy it will be to beat someone.... we all know anything can happen (look at Iowa St.) lets just go out there and play like its for the NC

thats what awaits us at KSU i believe

KSU is a one man show with Thomas. With average at best quarterback play, no real threat at WR, and a defense that would cause Pelini's head to explode if it were his own, KSU is going to have to rely on something other than Thomas to win this game. We're the most important game on their schedule this year, so I expect them to pull out all the stops.

That said, we have two weeks to prepare for them after the jack rabbits. I think that's plenty of time for Bo to diagnose KSU's running game and stifle it.

KSU could win this if Nebraska didn't have Martinez at quarterback, but I think his running threat on the outside will turn this into a blowout. I could see a similar result to the Nebraska/Washington game happening in this one.

The Mildcats don't stand a chance! Our D will hold their O to less than 200 total yards. And the way our O-line is getting things together we will throttle them with any QB we decide to use (too many weapons).

We have around two weeks to prepare for these "dreamers" and no reason to look ahead with Texass another 9 day's out.

To top it off...Bo remembers the last couple times we played a Snyder coached Kitten team...Bank It!

Nebraska - 38

KSU - 0

Best not to take the KSU game lightly——beware of Bill Snyder. He is still angry over Pelini calling him an effing ahole back in 2003. Angry like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli. In fact, he IS that old man in the deli.

K-State was a pretty close game last year iirc. I actually think they match up well against us, but only if their D plays pretty decent like it did last year. Might be closer than a lot of us think it will be.

Meh. It was close because our offense was so banged up we could hardly walk. On defense KSU lost five of their top six tacklers from our game. They're 83rd in rush defense this year, and that's after playing only one opponent in the top 50 in rush offense (UCLA). You can't sleep on any conference opponents, but you don't have to be "afraid" (for lack of a better term) of everyone, either.

I don't want to be a Negitive Nancy here, but I do remember a game from last year where we only scored 7 points with a ton, and I mean a ton of turn overs.

even with the offense last year, none of us expected that to happen. Anything is possible, and KSU has a habit of beating teams they are no where near talent wise. Never under estimate the power of what heart can bring to compitition. Sometimes everything just clicks. Hopefully we wipe the floor with them, but what ever the odds are to completely blow it out, it could be just as likely that we get whipped even if we come prepared.

I say, lets just enjoy the ride this year...It could be something to remember for a long time.