UH O-H-I-O

Bleedin'Red

I wouldn't judge a fan base based off of radio jackasses. They have to act like that or they don't have a radio show.

You can either have an informative and knowlegdable sports host who gets listeners who trust their opinion (see Bill King, Rivals Radio on Sirius), or you can be loud, obnoxious and hyperbolic.

Any idiot can manage the latter without much talent. and being local hosts they only need to "know" a couple teams to get by.

"New" to the board--long time guest. Hello.

I recently moved to Boise, Idaho from Lincoln and got my first taste of "homer" radio outside of Nebraska. Not much Nebraska talk (though the Idaho game got quite a bit which was nice) but there is DEFINITELY a lot of Boise State "respect" talk. Blah blah. Keep winning games that mean something (or start?) and the rest will follow.

I live in Columbus and listen to Common man and the torque sometimes. Everyone is right in saying that they are definate homers. You should've heard them when Lebron left. It was terrible.

But in regards to OSU having terrible fans, I totally disagree. I have had season tickets for 4 years and I sit in the student section, and I've never seen or heard of any of the things that have been mentioned.

I don't know how it could go unnoticed. It's awful.

OSU

Penn State

These are both light compared to most of the things I've seen with my own eyes.

I live in Columbus and listen to Common man and the torque sometimes. Everyone is right in saying that they are definate homers. You should've heard them when Lebron left. It was terrible.

But in regards to OSU having terrible fans, I totally disagree. I have had season tickets for 4 years and I sit in the student section, and I've never seen or heard of any of the things that have been mentioned.

I don't know how it could go unnoticed. It's awful.

OSU

Penn State

These are both light compared to most of the things I've seen with my own eyes.

I have never understood the need to heckle opposing fans and throw things at them. The worst is if it's at a game and it's cold and they hit the persons young kids. Stay classy Nebraska.

I tried to like OSU since we are moving to the Big 10. I tried, but this just reaffirms my hatred for them. And I agree with the caller, why do we have to throw when we can run for 395 yards? When we play a defense that stops the run, we will see how we can pass. Nobody can judge on our passing game thus far and even if they did, the numbers are relatively okay. Martinez: 28-43-1 65.1% 395 yards 1 td. Those are not BAD numbers. When you are able to win by run game, why not do it? And what about our defense? The same thing can be said about Pryor being introduced to 10 blackshirts the first play of the game. Good luck trying to score on our defense OSU!

Teams I hate

1. Texas/Ohio State

2. Miami

3. Notre Dame

Big 10 transition should be a time to turn over a new leaf. I remember a time when we as Husker fans didn't get as caught up in all this team-hatred stuff. I don't hate Texas. I don't hate Oklahoma as much anymore either, and that is saying a lot. I want Nebraska to win EVERY game. Any loss we suffer, no matter who that comes against, is tough to take. Look at it this way, if the teams we beat win, we look even better. If the teams that beat us win we don't look as bad. Ohio State has a GREAT tradition of football. No one would ever want to take that away from them. When the Buckeyes come to Lincoln next year, it's going to be a lot of fun. No matter who wins that matchup, I will be hoping that Ohio State comes in having won most or all of its games and will then go on to win most or all of its remaining games. We're Nebraska. We're good. We're going to be OK. Just because some loser boy radio guy in Columbus says we suck doesn't mean we do. And it shouldn't mean that we start blasting our foes in the same stupid way. Let them blast their foes. It just makes them look bad in the end. We will rise above that.

"YOU STINK! Nebraska can't throw the ball. YOU STINK!"

"Why do you need to throw the ball when you can run 350 yards a game?"

"You can't do that when you play teams that know how to play defense... Taylor Martinez give me a break. I'd rather have Dennis Martinez than Taylor Martinez at quarterback"

"What's the difference if Nebraska has 4.4 speed or 4.4 speed at Ohio State or Florida?"

"Those teams have 20 guys that can run 4.4 40's Nebraska has 1. Oh silly me, I'll go with the conference that has won 4 straight national championships."

"Bring Taylor Martinez to the National Championship game and we'll introduce him to 10 Buckeyes on the first snap.. Taylor Martinez, give me a break."

Any team playing OSU is now my 2nd favorite team. This guy is as big of a homer as David Ubben and those jokes down in Texas.

Starting next year, Nebraska will be playing tOSU probably twice a year, one in regular conference and one in the championship game. I don't see too many other teams in the Big 10 as complete as tOSU. Taylor Martinez will get a chance to play tOSU twice a year for the next 3 seasons possibly. I am not sure if we will play tOSU every year in conference play but we will be seeing them almost every year in the championship game. Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere. :koolaid2:

ok so Martinez might not be that great of a thrower, but neither is Pryor. He'd throw so many picks against us it isn't even funny

Yes. Maybe he forgets HOW bad Pryor was throwing the ball his freshman year?

Also... Let me look at this....

1996 Fiesta Bowl

Teams

Final

Nebraska

Statistics

NU

First Downs

Passes Att., Comp., Int.

15-6-2

Passing, Net

Total Offense

Stats from the 96 fiesta bowl.... Who needs to throw the ball if that's the result?