More Love For the Huskers

iamthenorm

As Im driving home tonight from downtown St. Louis, I was listening to sports talk radio, and they were talking about college football. Talking about how Alabama has seperated themselves as the clear #1 team in the country, but then they said that there was a 1A, and it was obviously Nebraska. I couldn't believe Missouri radio was giving love to Nebraska. They refered to Pelini and his defense as sick and said that we would be Alabama's only challenge this year. How bout them apples????? :corndance

I don't know if I'd say Alabama is the clear #1 at this time. They played well against Penn State, their first real challenge, but they have questions just like everybody else does at this point in the season. Mainly, how are they going to react when they play an offense with experience and they're on the road? Penn State has good athletes and is coached well, but a true Freshman in Tuscaloosa isn't intimidating to them. Is Ingram ready to play against defenses not named Duke? How will the defense hold up after losing more than half of last year's defense to graduation?

They deserve the number one spot, but I wouldn't say they've clearly separated themselves. :rant

Anyways....

Good to get some props from our brethren down south. That doesn't happen often.

Living in missouri I can tell you, Mizzou fans are fairweather fans. As soon as it comes close to the end of the season they will jump ship and root for whoever is 1 or 2 in the polls. I saw more alabama and Texas shirts than ever last year. Even my friends were buying texass crap. It is pretty shocking to hear that a missouri station talked well about Nebraska. If you don't mind me asking what was the station?

Being radio talking heads, my guess is that they are Illinois fans who just want to send the MethU folks into a tirade. It's good for ratings.

(and you'd have to be somewhat biased to have written off tOSU, so this whole stunt smells "Ill")

Good point WC. I think it almost sad that the "shock jocks" have left entertainment based radio and gotten into sports radio. Either way its nice to hear good things about the 'skers

Living in Chicago my feeling is that even people who have traditionally hated Nebraska are happy to see that we are having a good year because people have the sense that Nebraska should be a great team and we should dominate the rushing game. It is kind of like how I felt when Alabama got good again. There is just the sense that the traditional powers should still be a power and it is sad to see one go down...