TE AC Leonard*

ADS

kind of short for a TE, and a little slow for that slot position.

watch his film and tell me he's slow. also, i think kyler reed is about the same size (probably slimmer coming in, actually) and he appears to be coming along just fine as a TE.

that said, i don't have a lot of hope for pulling this kid away from the top SEC teams. hopefully he notices our lack of young TE prospects and how much watson likes to play 2 and even 3 of them at a time.

kind of short for a TE, and a little slow for that slot position.

watch his film and tell me he's slow. also, i think kyler reed is about the same size (probably slimmer coming in, actually) and he appears to be coming along just fine as a TE.

that said, i don't have a lot of hope for pulling this kid away from the top SEC teams. hopefully he notices our lack of young TE prospects and how much watson likes to play 2 and even 3 of them at a time.

I don't doubt his abilities (well maybe i do a little)...just a snap judgement based on the measurables is all. I was going off the 40 time reported - 4.9...that is right around what Suh ran at the combine and I never really saw Suh as able to play TE. I think a couple dozen defensive linemen ran in the 4.6-4.8 range. (It's not hard to speed up a tape 5-10%, I don't put to much stock in that)...and Kyler Reed runs a 4.5 40 - that's quick enough to make up for a little size. Short and slow doesn't usually equate to quality production from a TE though.

you go ahead and worry about that listed 40 time, i'll put more stock in what he put on film playing receiver in florida 5A ball and the all-star offer sheet he has.

btw, i was referring to kyler's ability to be an effective blocker at TE despite his size. there are very few collegiate TE's that share his speed.

you go ahead and worry about that listed 40 time, i'll put more stock in what he put on film playing receiver in florida 5A ball and the all-star offer sheet he has.

btw, i was referring to kyler's ability to be an effective blocker at TE despite his size. there are very few collegiate TE's that share his speed.

Which has translated into exactly one catch for 4 yds so far this year.

I for one hope the receiving numbers increase dramatically at the TE position, because one catch a piece is not going to cut it. Even for being only three games into the season those numbers are hideous.

I for one hope the receiving numbers increase dramatically at the TE position, because one catch a piece is not going to cut it. Even for being only three games into the season those numbers are hideous.

Keep in mind that we've only thrown around 15 passes a game so far. I expect the TEs to be featured more heavily when we face a defense that actually makes us throw the ball.

Keep in mind that we've only thrown around 15 passes a game so far. I expect the TEs to be featured more heavily when we face a defense that actually makes us throw the ball.

Great point! TEs will be needed when we actually have to throw and not rush for 400 ypg!

I wonder what AC thought of our dominance this weekend...

Probably thinking "wow, Florida, or this.... :hmmph<_< "

Taken From the Omaha World Herald:

The first official visits of the season brought to Lincoln two prospects already committed to other schools.

Four-star tight end A.C. Leonard, a Florida pledge, and Rice commit Givens Price were on hand to see Nebraska take on South Dakota State.

They got the grand tour, heading into the Husker locker room with NU commits Daniel Davie, Zach Sterup and Ryne Reeves just before the Tunnel Walk.

If the reaction of Price's mother was any indication, consider the trip an eye-opener. Following the introduction of starting lineups on the stadium video boards, she turned to those around her and said, “That's awesome.”

Leonard and Price hold offers from Nebraska. Leonard, who has been committed to Florida for nearly a year now, is planning an official visit to defending national champion Alabama next weekend. He also holds offers from Louisville, Miami and Tennessee.