Can we please just hang 70 on somebody

HuskerMoon

This is an appeal to the coaching staff,

The only thing I want to see this weekend is 70 points hung on an inferior opponet. Bring back the nostalgia and remind me how the good ole days used to be. It was nice to occasionally see other teams embarassed after they came into our stadium.

Now I know this isn't PC (and I really don't give a damn) and there will be about six dozen reasons of why we can't and why we won't hang 70 on SDSU. I know that my dream is just a dream and will likely stay a dream. Bo and Wat's aren't likely to thoroughly beat the Jackrabbits like a Longhorn fan stepchild, but my hope still remains. I don't have anything against SDSU. I don't hold ill will against the Division II....ahem....FCS level team. I just want to see them thoroughly planted in the turf for the sake of the good ole days..

There may be no pride in beating up your little brother but it doesn't stop the breif satisfaction of the act while it's going on.

Thank you.

I don't think Osborne tried to hang 70 points on others. The Husker teams that did that were just that good and deep. The opponents were so tired and beat by the 4th I think they just wanted it to be over so they could go home. If the 2nd & 3rd strings run wild, so be it, but I wouldn't want to see the Huskers intentionally try to humiliate SDSU. It probably will be (it should be) bad enough as it is.

I know they probably wanna sharpen certain aspects of both sides of the ball, but what i would like to see for the sake of our upcoming games is a very VERY vanilla gameplan. Run ball, play a base plain D, if we only win 35-7, or 28-3, so be it, nothing we do today is gonna impress anybody, get the early 2-3 score lead, then put on the cruise control and get outta here with no bumps and bruises, and most importantly, a continued concealed playbook, so that we're prepared to open up the can on Ksu and texas.

After watching UCF gash KSU's D run after run, we might hang 70 on those losers, they are terrible.

I am watching it too. I wanted to see how K-State would be playing a fast Florida team. Needless to say I agree, K-State looks pretty bad at Home. I am sure they will show up for us though, just not sure what they will do after that?

Nothing says Nebraska tradition like embarassing an opponent badly and then piling on further. Go Huskers!

Look, we're going to win the game. However, there is no reason to try to score 70 points just to show our superiority against an overmatched opponent. Also, that last comment makes you seem sadistic.

Truth be told I am a little sadistic. :nanalamadedhoarse:cowbell::dumdum:cop:

Okay, maybe more than a little.

After watching UCF gash KSU's D run after run, we might hang 70 on those losers, they are terrible.

I am watching it too. I wanted to see how K-State would be playing a fast Florida team. Needless to say I agree, K-State looks pretty bad at Home. I am sure they will show up for us though, just not sure what they will do after that?

WOW Words can't describe how bad KSU looks. talk about their weaknesses being our strengths. It should be 28-0 right now. 2 freshmen 250 lb lineman have taken away their run game and D TTrain. no pass game, their D getting slashed between the tackles with a running QB. IF CFU could close, this would be a route. I know KSU will be up for us...but wow! nothing they do looks good.