OT Akeem Gonzales *

Nexus

• 3 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

sounds like we were the ones who had him cancel the visit.. Guess like we don't need another DE for some reason? chuckleshuffle

yup. sounds like we decided one DE was enough. i don't know anything about how good this kid or lake from hawaii are, but i am surprised that we apparently decided carter was all we were taking. i would have rather had at least one high school DE.

sounds like we were the ones who had him cancel the visit.. Guess like we don't need another DE for some reason? chuckleshuffle

yup. sounds like we decided one DE was enough. i don't know anything about how good this kid or lake from hawaii are, but i am surprised that we apparently decided carter was all we were taking. i would have rather had at least one high school DE.

Bu already landed Max Pirman who has said in interviews that coaches want him to start out asa DE. He just has the body/frame and skillset to be able to play multiple positions. Plus NU has five guys from last year. I know no one has stood out of the group but not every kid is going to tear it up his first season or two. Finally there is a slew of DE's in next years recruiting circuit. Quite possibly the deepest in years, the state of Ohio alone could crank out 6/7 D1 prospects. Not that worried.

good call on pirman. totally forgot about him. that does make me feel a little better about passing on the others. it will be interesting to see what we got out of last year's class at DE. vestal is supposed to be talented, but there are rumblings that his frame may yet land him at DT or OT. rome is almost assuredly at DT and i'd also be surprised to see cotton at end. certainly way too early to give up on the 2010 DE group, but i'm yet to be convinced that they've solidified the position for future years. obviously i would love to be proved wrong though.

good call on pirman. totally forgot about him. that does make me feel a little better about passing on the others. it will be interesting to see what we got out of last year's class at DE. vestal is supposed to be talented, but there are rumblings that his frame may yet land him at DT or OT. rome is almost assuredly at DT and i'd also be surprised to see cotton at end. certainly way too early to give up on the 2010 DE group, but i'm yet to be convinced that they've solidified the position for future years. obviously i would love to be proved wrong though.

agreed. lots of people are saying Walker was a reach and may not be around for four years. Again I am skeptical on pulling the reach or not good card out after a year where learning the system and adding muscle are more of the priorities. Same for Tobi Okuyemi, although he did himself no favors by getting in a little trouble earlier for alcohol. There were only two SR's at DE last year in total, so again this year not so much of a priority.

you're right about Vestal and Rome on being interior DLinemen, Vestal won't go to the offense before Cotton, who would likely end up over there before any current DLinemen NU has.

Again watch out for next year. DE's galore

I thought Vestal was staying at DE..

Cotton's supposedly looked good at DT too, I don't think he'd move to OL

He is at DE, I was agreeing with dylan abount the point that Vestal could easily grow into a DT. He is a massive man and I think the extra weight wouldn't hurt his speed. I think this guy eventually is a star here.

Cotton would move to OL before anyone else on the DLine roster. Hopefully he keeps his $h!t straight and doesn't become a topic of conversation the bad way anymore.

agreed. lots of people are saying Walker was a reach and may not be around for four years. Again I am skeptical on pulling the reach or not good card out after a year where learning the system and adding muscle are more of the priorities. Same for Tobi Okuyemi, although he did himself no favors by getting in a little trouble earlier for alcohol. There were only two SR's at DE last year in total, so again this year not so much of a priority.

you're right about Vestal and Rome on being interior DLinemen, Vestal won't go to the offense before Cotton, who would likely end up over there before any current DLinemen NU has.

Again watch out for next year. DE's galore

Tobi got in trouble as did Lazzari Middleton. I heard people talking about Lazzari saying he could be a top 3-4 CB on the team but then got in trouble and was in the doghouse.