Met Jason Peter at a Fazoli's

Spartness

I like when Suh was talking about when he hung out with JP and said JP was like "You gotta practice being bad, when you're on the street and you're walking towards someone, make them get out of your way! When you go to the movie theatre and someone is sitting next to you, knock their arm off of the armrest. THAT IS YOUR ARMREST!!!" Maybe Nebraska needs him as an Ass't coach for just being mean and making other people mean.

If our DTs had half his fire we'd have demolished every single team we've played so far.

If he's right and Steinkuhler and Crick are more talented than Jason and Christian, this guys are WAY underperforming. Looking at JP's highlights brings a tear to my eye.

That guy is a blackshirt, man. Anyone who says different doesn't know what the term means.

Jason was just plain, flat-out nasty. He embodies what it means to be a blackshirt. Maybe since Tom was a Dr. in Psychology, he knew something about getting guys ready each week for games.......... (just pondering aloud).

I met Christian Peter once at the Hooters at 120th and Center. Christian was badass. I think it was sometime after the 1996 Fiesta Bowl, he was autographing stuff, and as people talked to him, he kept his authority with people like me who were in their 20's.. He didn't talk down to you, he just had that aura about him that demanded your respect. When he signed my Dad's National Champs Jacket, he was very "yes sir" and "thank you sir"

Jason Peter's book is awesome! I'd love to meet him because I'd have to tell him it helped me through some tough times, and how I had to understand I needed others to get though it. The Jason Peter Story would be freaking awesome, the only question is, who would play him. I'm thinking John Favreau.

I met Christian Peter once at the Hooters at 120th and Center. Christian was badass. I think it was sometime after the 1996 Fiesta Bowl, he was autographing stuff, and as people talked to him, he kept his authority with people like me who were in their 20's.. He didn't talk down to you, he just had that aura about him that demanded your respect. When he signed my Dad's National Champs Jacket, he was very "yes sir" and "thank you sir"

Jason Peter's book is awesome! I'd love to meet him because I'd have to tell him it helped me through some tough times, and how I had to understand I needed others to get though it. The Jason Peter Story would be freaking awesome, the only question is, who would play him. I'm thinking John Favreau.

I'm thinking Forest Whitaker.

I have actually read Hero of the Underground twice and he never says once that he was addicted to painkillers while at nebraska. He in fact mentioned that it would be ridiculous to say that he was addicted to painkillers while at nebraska. the part you may be thinking about was the time that he was injured and the trainers gave him some painkillers and he took them and he said everything just seemed to glow and he found himself in a much better mood. he said he felt at that moment that he knew he was different and had the potential to become addicted.

I saw him and he looks a lot smaller now than back then. It always looked to me like he had his helmet painted on his head he was so big. Who knows what was going on back then I just remember this guy as ONE...BAD.....DUDE! GREAT HUSKER.

I love the beginning of that video, "Don't forget one f*cking thing, WE'RE F*CKING NEBRASKA!" As Taylor Martinez would say, I got chills throughout my bodeh.

I think that one line wraps up that era. Those guys had bought into the program 100%, no doubt, no fear, total loyalty. He says in the book how every play was a competition to get into the back field, give 100% on every down, every game.

I've also heard that the Offense hated the D, and who could blame them, having to practice with the best D in the nation all week. I cant remember if its in Jason's book or else where, but someone said Saturdays where the easy days....

Sigh...Jason Peter.

You should never ask Jason Peter to compare a current defensive line to his defensive line. He will inevitably bring it up himself.

Good player, good guy. But, he is a very difficult person to listen to especially as a radio personality. Very opinionated and has a holier than thou mentality.

Sigh...Jason Peter.

You should never ask Jason Peter to compare a current defensive line to his defensive line. He will inevitably bring it up himself.

Good player, good guy. But, he is a very difficult person to listen to especially as a radio personality. Very opinionated and has a holier than thou mentality.

I think his play at Nebraska pretty much earned him the right to have that attitude in regards to NU defensive line play.

• Fire 1

Sigh...Jason Peter.

I think his play at Nebraska pretty much earned him the right to have that attitude in regards to NU defensive line play.

There's a difference between 1) being knowledgeable and 2) being arrogant with knowledge. See Tom Osborne for number one and Jason Peter for number two.

Besides, it's not just an opinion on the defensive line. It's his opinions in general. They are very one-sided and usually very self-oriented. I don't care how good you are, but you can be wrong sometimes. It's the same reason that Cowherd gets on my nerves at times. Very smart guy, but very opinionated and refuses to be proved wrong.

Sigh...Jason Peter.

There's a difference between 1) being knowledgeable and 2) being arrogant with knowledge. See Tom Osborne for number one and Jason Peter for number two.

Besides, it's not just an opinion on the defensive line. It's his opinions in general. They are very one-sided and usually very self-oriented. I don't care how good you are, but you can be wrong sometimes. It's the same reason that Cowherd gets on my nerves at times. Very smart guy, but very opinionated and refuses to be proved wrong.

I agree completely.

knapplc - I, too, listened to the spread religiously (wish it was still on), but sometimes Jason got really tough to listen to. When he got started talking about the defense, it always came back to "...but when I played...". I love JP and think he did a really good job most of the time, but I don't know how you can say he wasn't arrogant. He never once complimented a D-lineman, and if he did it was almost back-handed. JP was great, and most don't measure up to him, but Suh probably comes close and what made me laugh is JP wouldn't ever admit that.