Where do YOU live? What do you do?

Where do you currently live? Ft. Benning, GA

Where have you lived the longest? Omaha, NE

Where has been your favorite place to live/visit? Omaha, NE

Where is your ideal place to live? Omaha, NE

Work:

What is your current occupation? U.S. Army Grunt

What has been your best job ever? TD Ameritrade

Worst job? working in -10F frozen food warehouse for 9months @$13/hr when i was 19

Dream job? Own the Playboy mansion

Hobbies:

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

Smoking cigars, hanging out with friends, playing xbox, watching movies, just chillin

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote?

I once was stabbed by my then-girlfriend because she was bipolar and went off her meds. I was also unaware that she was bipolar, since she felt no need to tell me

N-Staters:

Have you ever lived outside of Nebraska? No siree.

Where have you lived the longest? Omaha

Where has been your favorite non-Nebraska place to visit/live? Without question it was Orlando, Florida. Love that place.

Where is your ideal place to live? Nebraska. Can't imagine myself going anywhere else.

Work:

What is your current occupation? Walgreens Photo Technician..woot woot. Just while I'm in school, though.

What has been your best job ever? Building porches

Worst job? making beaches for the richies out on a lake

Dream job? ESPN broadcaster

Hobbies:

What do you enjoy doing in your free time? video games, Huskerboard, hanging with girlfriend, etc., etc.

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? I'm pretty beastly on the Guitar Hero drum set =)

I think it would be cool to get an extended version of the "Introduce Yourself" thread going, to learn a little more about each other, but on a more "non-Husker" basis. You never know how much you might have in common with someone else, or even when we might be able to help each other out with our various areas of expertise. Networking is a powerful thing. :cheers

I'll get one started, and others please feel free to start some other topics in this forum you think would be interesting to learn about your fellow Huskerboard Nmates. Or if you have suggestions for other questions to add to this list, post em up and I'll add em.

*Feel free to answer as many or few as you would like.

Out of Staters:

Where do you currently live?

Where have you lived the longest?

Where has been your favorite place to live/visit?

Where is your ideal place to live?

N-Staters:

Have you ever lived outside of Nebraska? Yup

Where have you lived the longest? Iraq

Where has been your favorite non-Nebraska place to visit/live? Norway

Where is your ideal place to live? Norway

Work:

What is your current occupation? Civil Engineer

What has been your best job ever? County surveyor

Worst job? lumber yard

Dream job? bush pilot

Hobbies:

• 2 weeks later...

Out of Staters:

Where do you currently live? West Village, Manhattan, New York City, New York

Where have you lived the longest? Westchester, New York (20mi north of Manhattan)

Where has been your favorite place to live/visit? Munich, Germany (in terms of visiting places)

Where is your ideal place to live? Either a cozy ranch somewhere out in the beautiful West or right here in Manhattan

Work:

What is your current occupation? Recruiting Supervisor, Fieldwork Inc. (Market Research Firm)

What has been your best job ever? USMC Recruit

Worst job? USMC Recruit in the Evaluation Holding Platoon (EHP) and Recruit Separation Platoon (RSP)... Medical Discharge :(

Dream job? United States Marine, although unlikely with this RE-3P and DD214. Looking at becoming a Navy Officer after school.

Hobbies:

What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Reading, Writing, Rugby, Television, Hanging with friends, Meeting new people

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? I'm fiercely loyal to Coca-Cola, for no reasonable purpose, and refuse to drink Pepsi or any of its products.

N-Staters:

Have you ever lived outside of Nebraska?

Where has been your favorite non-Nebraska place to visit/live?

No I've never lived outside of Nebraska, I've never lived outside of Lincoln for that matter.

Lincoln

California, specifically New Port Beach area

Warm climate with a beach

Work:

What is your current occupation?

What has been your best job ever?

Worst job?

Dream job?

Firefighter

Firefighter

Digging out old septic systems with a backhoe.

No job actually would be a dream job.

Hobbies:

I love boating and kneeboarding, playing with my kids, and spending time with my wife.

N-Staters:

Have you ever lived outside of Nebraska?

Nope.

Omaha, I've lived here my whole life.

Where has been your favorite non-Nebraska place to visit/live?

Definately the island of St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands

dunno.gif

Work:

Full-time UNO student, but don't have a major yet. I also work the front desk part time at a fitness center, and I often babysit too.

Working at a daycare and teaching a kid's boxing class.

Worst job?

Corn detasseling...dry.gif

Dream job?

dunno.gif

Hobbies:

Playing videogames, watching films, hanging out and drinking with friends. I also like to study and read on astronomy, astrophysics, and philosophy.

Strangest/most interesting hobby: I still play Nintendo 64 alot, even though it came out in 1996. (I think my Xbox 360 is starting to collect dust.)

Skill: I'm ambidextrous. (I can write and do things equally with both hands and feet). It's a useful skill for when I've got a lot of notes to write down in school.

Personal anecdote: I suppose I'm just a typical college student. I go to class and to work, and drink with friends on the weekends when I can. I'm pretty laid back I guess.

• 2 months later...

N-Staters:

Have you ever lived outside of Nebraska? Yes, one year in Las Vegas, and five years on St. Croix USVI

Where have you lived the longest? Kenesaw, when I was young

Where has been your favorite non-Nebraska place to visit/live? Live, St Croix, visit South Africa or Northern Italy.

Where is your ideal place to live? On a sail boat in the south pacific

Work:

What is your current occupation? I inspect girth welds on undersea pipelines as they are being built. No I dont dive its all done on the deck of a boat, a really, really, big boat.

What has been your best job ever? I guess the one I have now. Have seen the world, and got paid to do it. Although some of the places I've been I wish I could forget.

Worst job? Working in a fast food place.

Dream job? Lottery winner, or surprise! your related to Bill Gates, here is a ton of money.

Hobbies:

What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Husker board, Husker games(duh), Finding new restaurants, is it OK to list drink? A lot...

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? I once took seven months off from work, with the goal of learning something new (how to make bread, or paint, or some such thing). All I did was drink and sleep, take afternoon naps, etc, it was awesome. The day my savings gave out, and I realized I couldn't live the life of a slacker anymore, was one of the saddest days of my life.

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm new to the board I love Football and have been a Husker since 76'

Where do you currently live? S. Sioux City, Nebraska lived there all my life

Where has been your favorite place to visit? Lincoln, Nebraska

Work:

What is your current occupation? PLC Tech

Dream job? Pro Angler

Hobbies:

What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Hunting and Fishing

• 4 weeks later...

Out of Staters:

Where do you currently live? San Diego

Where have you lived the longest? Born in Dublin, Ohio until I finished HS, so 18 years

Where has been your favorite place to live/visit? Miami, Fl for 4 years.

Where is your ideal place to live?Haven't decided yet.

Work:

What is your current occupation? Entertainment Agent

What has been your best job ever? Running night clubs in South Beach

Worst job? Was hired as a Sous Chef at 16, but they had me "filling in" as dish washer until I quit.

Dream job? General Manager/ Director of Player Personal for an NFL team

Hobbies:

What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Train MMA (Muay Thai and boxing mostly)and read up on my Buckeyes

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? Fantasy sports champion!

• 1 month later...

I think it would be cool to get an extended version of the "Introduce Yourself" thread going, to learn a little more about each other, but on a more "non-Husker" basis. You never know how much you might have in common with someone else, or even when we might be able to help each other out with our various areas of expertise. Networking is a powerful thing. :cheers

I'll get one started, and others please feel free to start some other topics in this forum you think would be interesting to learn about your fellow Huskerboard Nmates. Or if you have suggestions for other questions to add to this list, post em up and I'll add em.

*Feel free to answer as many or few as you would like.

Out of Staters:

Where do you currently live? I currently live in Columbus, OH

Where have you lived the longest? I grew up in Plattsmouth, NE and went to school at UNL

Where has been your favorite place to live/visit? I lived in Northern Spain during a summer of my undergrad, and I cannot wait to move back there for a year or two.

Work:

What is your current occupation? I am a PhD student in the field of Food Science at Ohio State and I'm hoping to graduate in December

What has been your best job ever? Well, once I get a real job, ill revisit this question.

Worst job? Graduate assistant

Dream job? Brewmaster at a mid-to-large brewery. (like Sam Adams, O'Dell, or Anheuser)

Hobbies:.

What do you enjoy doing in your free time? I like beer and playing sports (whatever depending on the season)

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? We created a fermentation club at OSU and got funding through the university which went towards supplies for making beer (off-campus of course).

Out of Staters:

Where do you currently live?

Honolulu Hawaii

Honolulu hawaii

Where has been your favorite place to live/visit?

Well i've lived outside of SF, and in North Carolina. I'd pick NC.. i got to have a whole lot of land no county taxs lots of guns and people left me alone

Honolulu Hawaii

Work:

Social Studies teacer

Social studies teacer

Worst job?

tree stump remover or unloading containers off the docks into a cold storage faciltiy

Dream job?

world famous rock star

Hobbies:

play music surf fish family tattoos

i've got a few

N-Staters:

Have you ever lived outside of Nebraska? Yes, Las Vegas.

Where have you lived the longest? Lincoln

Where has been your favorite non-Nebraska place to visit/live? Las Vegas

Where is your ideal place to live? Omaha

Work:

What is your current occupation? Microbiologist

What has been your best job ever? Microbiologist

Worst job? Construction

Dream job? MLB Scout

Hobbies:

What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Golf, video games

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? I used to run one of the largest Madden video game fan sites on the internet.

• 3 months later...