Coaches know: Paul wants the ball

Nexus

It's fine if he wants to bring that up in a coach's office, but you don't take it to the press, it just makes you look like a me-first guy, especially when the team is unbeaten and you're talking about what needs to change to get you the ball more.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's reprimanded somehow. I think he should be. I don't remember hearing a Nebraska player talking that way in public since Bobby Newcombe, and that was after he graduated.

Well if the kids wants the ball so dam bad...then he needs to start protecting, and holding on to the ball alot better then!!

and getting open. If Kinnie is the one getting most of the catches, there's a reason for it. It's not for some made up reason in Paul's head, that he's being ignored 'cause they're a bunch of meanies who aren't paying him enough attention.

i need specifics, what exactly did paul say in the article that makes him deserving of all the vitriol?

You already have specifics. 3 of the 4 quotes annoyed me. It's all "me me me, I deserve the ball more and I'm talented"

Everyone else talks about the team. It's okay for him to be mad, but not to say these things to the press.

i need specifics, what exactly did paul say in the article that makes him deserving of all the vitriol?

You already have specifics. 3 of the 4 quotes annoyed me. It's all "me me me, I deserve the ball more and I'm talented"

Everyone else talks about the team. It's okay for him to be mad, but not to say these things to the press.

you woefully misused quotes there. and i am not even sure you read the article.

you woefully misused quotes there. and i am not even sure you read the article.

lol. I was not actually saying or implying that was a real quote. That was a summary of what he said. Maybe everything inside of the quotes was in white text for you, so I will paste them again here and show you that my summary was accurate:

when you're not getting the looks that you think you deserve, it sucks

^ this is the one that annoyed me the most.

They obviously know what I can do with the ball in my hands and the plays I can make

^ this annoyed me because what he does with the ball in his hands is hand it off to the other team.

“It kind of frustrates me a little bit,” Paul said. “Obviously, there's more that goes into it. There's a scheme. And we're running the ball. But if you put the ball up and let me go get it, I'm going to go get it.”

He shouldn't be frustrated (or at least not talk to the media about it) if the team is getting yards and winning. That's all that should matter. Just look at Zac Lee for a good example of how someone should talk to the media.

If Kinnie is the one getting most of the catches, there's a reason for it.

I think it is called Martinez tendency to stare his way no matter what and not look at the whole field. That could just be me though. :dunno

I agree that he does that, but I think there is a reason he's most comfortable with Kinnie.

Not a fan of players second-guessing the coaching staff in the media. It's fine if he wants to bring that up in a coach's office, but you don't take it to the press, it just makes you look like a me-first guy, especially when the team is unbeaten and you're talking about what needs to change to get you the ball more.

Surprisingly it's Tex who has made the best point yet. If Paul feels he is being underutilized then bring it up to the coaching staff and only the coaching staff. Whining to the media about how you aren't getting enough "touches' like you're Terrell freakin' Owens makes both you and the team look bad.

Sorry Niles, but it looked to me the coaches tried to get you the ball in the first few games.. and you didn't do a whole lot. You missed a couple, lost the ball, and only had a few highlights. Your backup, that Kinnie guy? He's been solid. Your QB trusts him more, and that's on YOU.

Now heading into a touch conference stretch, the last thing we need is for you to start letting up on plays, not working hard on your blocks, not nailing your routes, etc.. because you're disappointed in not getting the ball. Keep working hard and you'll get your chances when they come, otherwise you'll find yourself riding the bench.

TL;DR, Quit buying into your own hype Niles!