Stadium Expansion

If there's one thing I've learned as a student in high school and now as a teacher, it's that a large amount of Lincoln citizens are pretty short on common sense. There is no reason that the State Fair and every state athletic tournament isn't in Lincoln. But they've either bitched about the "inconvenience" that holding these events in Lincoln causes and made them move elsewhere, or they don't fight hard enough to keep these events because they aren't appreciated.

I remember going to State FFA Convention in high school (If you don't know anything about this group, they are generally the more polite and courteous adolescents that you can find, with exceptions just like any group) and reading the whining and crying that followed on the internet and letters to the Journal Star. It just seems stupid to me, considering that 1) 90%+ of the students that attend are very well behaved, and 2) these groups bring a ton of money to the city between hotel, food, and entertainment expenses. I don't get it, honestly.

Nailed it, especially the bold.

billydeeclap.gif

To the previous three posts..

That's a bigtime college town. It is what it is right? I guess them people need to go somewhere else? Having the University in Lincoln has done more for that city over the years I guess I just dont understand how anyone could draw negatives whatsoever.

If there's one thing I've learned as a student in high school and now as a teacher, it's that a large amount of Lincoln citizens are pretty short on common sense. There is no reason that the State Fair and every state athletic tournament isn't in Lincoln. But they've either bitched about the "inconvenience" that holding these events in Lincoln causes and made them move elsewhere, or they don't fight hard enough to keep these events because they aren't appreciated.

I remember going to State FFA Convention in high school (If you don't know anything about this group, they are generally the more polite and courteous adolescents that you can find, with exceptions just like any group) and reading the whining and crying that followed on the internet and letters to the Journal Star. It just seems stupid to me, considering that 1) 90%+ of the students that attend are very well behaved, and 2) these groups bring a ton of money to the city between hotel, food, and entertainment expenses. I don't get it, honestly.

3) They also provide great entertainment when staring at buildings taller than 3 stories. :D

• Fire 1

To the previous three posts..

That's a bigtime college town. It is what it is right? I guess them people need to go somewhere else? Having the University in Lincoln has done more for that city over the years I guess I just dont understand how anyone could draw negatives whatsoever.

3) They also provide great entertainment when staring at buildings taller than 3 stories.

LOL :clap:funnyhahah :rollin

I'm from Hastings too. I go to GI only about once every 6 months, simply to get my new boots at Willis. You cross the tracks on Walnut to there, and it's like crossing over to a third world country. What a shithole.

Me too, Air Force career from 1975 thru 1982 (Det 10 radar site). Half of my civilian friends in Queen City (Hastings) was never ventured Lincoln trip ! I'm serious......not once. Believe it or not, I only spent 5 or 6 times in Lincoln trips over 7 years AF career. In fact, I never paid attention for Cornhuskers football at all until moving to Lincoln.

Back to this thread......how about this?

MCGXQUJGDQEIOWP.20121109163751_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75

(new arena sign)

Take away UNL and Lincoln not only stops thriving but it doesn't survive as we know it. There are too many people who want to complain about the University but live here precisely because they love all of the benefits that come both directly and indirectly from the University. Those people can complain but I don't see them moving to Grand Island (and I can knock it because I grew up there).

to add on, the university is the largest employer in lincoln before you add in all the subcontractors they employ for various projects. and they always have something going on.

as for the complainers moving to GI, dear lord who would want to do that? :P (i can knock GI cause i grew up in hastings)

:clap

I'm from Hastings too. I go to GI only about once every 6 months, simply to get my new boots at Willis. You cross the tracks on Walnut to there, and it's like crossing over to a third world country. What a shithole.

Yeah I'm not even going to try and argue with you guys, you have the right of it. But come on, we all know the only good thing that ever came from Hastings was Kool-Aid :)

Me too, Air Force career from 1975 thru 1982 (Det 10 radar site). Half of my civilian friends in Queen City (Hastings) was never ventured Lincoln trip ! I'm serious......not once. Believe it or not, I only spent 5 or 6 times in Lincoln trips over 7 years AF career. In fact, I never paid attention for Cornhuskers football at all until moving to Lincoln.

Back to this thread......how about this?

MCGXQUJGDQEIOWP.20121109163751_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75

or this?

1967-68.JPG

200.gif

• Fire 1

Take away UNL and Lincoln not only stops thriving but it doesn't survive as we know it. There are too many people who want to complain about the University but live here precisely because they love all of the benefits that come both directly and indirectly from the University. Those people can complain but I don't see them moving to Grand Island (and I can knock it because I grew up there).

to add on, the university is the largest employer in lincoln before you add in all the subcontractors they employ for various projects. and they always have something going on.

as for the complainers moving to GI, dear lord who would want to do that? :P (i can knock GI cause i grew up in hastings)

Yeah I'm not even going to try and argue with you guys, you have the right of it. But come on, we all know the only good thing that ever came from Hastings was Kool-Aid :)

and ironically kool aid was actually invented on a farm somewhere south of hastings. they just moved there afterwards.

and ironically kool aid was actually invented on a farm somewhere south of hastings. they just moved there afterwards.

Kool-aid sucks.

Has there been any drawing or renderings as to what the inside of the new addition will look like yet? How about a better seating chart showing how many rows will be in the upper deck etc? There are many questions and I want to know the answers. My tickets are in the new addition so I will find out for the Wyoming game but I was hoping to know sooner! Thanks Husker nation! GBR!

Has there been any drawing or renderings as to what the inside of the new addition will look like yet? How about a better seating chart showing how many rows will be in the upper deck etc? There are many questions and I want to know the answers. My tickets are in the new addition so I will find out for the Wyoming game but I was hoping to know sooner! Thanks Husker nation! GBR!

I believe there are about 16 rows in both the club seating and the new upper deck but I can't seem to find a good chart right now.