Stadium Expansion

Sandy's is on O street several blocks away. If you're talking about Barry's, it's one block east and one block south.

That pic was taken from the apartments at 8th & R.

Sorry, I was thinking of Barry's.

So, it is one block behind and one block to the left?

EDIT: Looked at a map and figured it out....Thanks. The bottom right picture of the same view with shadows for some reason makes it not look like you are looking west.

Sandy's is on O street several blocks away. If you're talking about Barry's, it's one block east and one block south.

That pic was taken from the apartments at 8th & R.

Sorry, I was thinking of Barry's.

So, it is one block behind and one block to the left?

Yep, with the note that the pic was taken at about the 7 1/2 block of R street, not right on the NE corner of 8th & R.

Barry's is at 9th & Q, right on the NE corner. So almost directly cattywhompus across the block of R, 9th, Q & 8th.

• Fire 1

And one showing the work accomplished in just one year

VuSoFQI.jpg

This has been absolutely amazing. We moved away from Lincoln a year ago and took our first drive around the Haymarket a few weeks ago since being gone, and we couldn't beleive our eyes. The whole area is unrecognizable compared to just a year ago. Lincoln is starting to show signs of vibrancy!

And one showing the work accomplished in just one year

VuSoFQI.jpg

This has been absolutely amazing. We moved away from Lincoln a year ago and took our first drive around the Haymarket a few weeks ago since being gone, and we couldn't beleive our eyes. The whole area is unrecognizable compared to just a year ago. Lincoln is starting to show signs of vibrancy!

Were you wearing a tanktop tho??

• Fire 1

aerial.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=100

First time I saw aerial view by inserting east stadium expansion. Excellent job ! Photoshop? Can't wait until real picture (August 31st).

Next project: South Stadium two-deck expansion. North too.

I have seen so many people on this board mention upper decks in the end-zones. If you look at the picture of the stadium, there are already too many seats in the end zones, and the end zones go really far up/out. I don't know how something like this could realistically be done.

I have seen so many people on this board mention upper decks in the end-zones. If you look at the picture of the stadium, there are already too many seats in the end zones, and the end zones go really far up/out. I don't know how something like this could realistically be done.

Not true, in fact, just the opposite. Second deck will be vertical, not horizontal thus closer to the action. Similar to west stadium dimensions and design (less pressbox)

Not true, in fact, just the opposite. Second deck will be vertical, not horizontal thus closer to the action. Similar to west stadium dimensions (less pressbox)

Both end-zones currently rise higher than the balcony in the west stadium. That's a fact. You would want to put on upper decks above those seats?

In the North End-zone, there are skyboxes at the top of the section, which would be blocked by an upper deck. In the South End-zone, I guess an upper deck could theoretically be added, but they would basically be the highest/furthest seats from the field. I am not an engineer, architect, or construction guy, but I don't even know how a balcony could be added with enough support to make it feasible.

I don't know how you could do anything different to South Stadium without totally tearing it out and starting over. And I don't know what you'd do with the fans who have seats there during the year (at least) while you were doing that.

We are currently the 12th highest capacity of any college stadium and, judging by the asking price for the new seats, we may be reaching the top end of season ticket sales. I doubt anything more will happen for the foreseeable future.