Stadium Expansion

Those are all right, Johnny. I don't know if your one step further idea is feasible since they have classroom space over there on the south side now (where the offices and ticket office used to be), and while I like the idea of wrapping the facade around the SE corner, I think the space between the stadium and Avery is too narrow to allow it.

Those are all right, Johnny. I don't know if your one step further idea is feasible since they have classroom space over there on the south side now (where the offices and ticket office used to be), and while I like the idea of wrapping the facade around the SE corner, I think the space between the stadium and Avery is too narrow to allow it.

This. There's barely space for a "street" thing there (pathway, whatever you want to call it). But the south stadium upper deck is feasible and is probably our only option for expansion left, unless, way in the future, we add a north stadium upper deck which would involve taking out those suites and the big screen and moving them. So that is way unlikely anytime soon.

Bah, avery can be moved :) its a pretty cool to think about. I really wish they would change the west stadium facade to match what they are going to be doing with the brick and all. For some reason it bugs the sh#t out of me that they aren't keeping the same look. But I'm sure it will look fine.

I only skimmed the thread, so I apologize if I happen to re-tread old ground, but I think recent stadium expansions have done a disservice to the fans. I would love to see an expansion accompanied with a (modest) decrease in ticket prices. Let's face it: the new seats are hardly optimally placed, and much of the actual profit from the games is generated by concessions and memorabilia sales, both of which would get a healthy boost from the greater access afforded by increased stadium capacity and concomitant increase in "casual" fan access and buy-in.

Unfortunately, the ridiculous cost of the expansion, and the rising cost of simply operating the program probably relegate the idea to the land of "Not feasible."

I don't know if I would say tickets are prohnibitvely expensive. You're going to pay a comparable amount to get in the door at any big program spare the garbage programs like Minnesota.

Why lower the price to accommodate the regular joe schmo? You can't tell me a person who barely can afford tickets is going to spend tons of money on concessions and apparel. Your argument doesn't really hold water.

The university is like a business. It wouldn't make sense to for ford to lower the price on all F-150s just so more people could buy them. Not to mention the stadium is sold out already. If it weren't filling I would say you're completely right. Yet it is in a businesses' interest to maximize revenue and profit.

I am not sure how people feel they need to complain about the price. I am out of state in a professional program and I work for my money (no loans or debt) and I still manage to scrape together the money to get back for one or two games. Figure out your priorities and forego a few vices.