Stadium Expansion

Nebraska Video has some pics of the rebuilding of the Tunnel Walk path:

AxcvRIUCQAA1NWU.jpg

AxcvYFhCAAEz_Rq.jpg

AxcvwS6CQAEzqYg.jpg

Wow wait a minute? Knapp, does this mean they are moving the original bricks and bronze walkway from the original tunnel walk in South Stadium to the current tunnel walk under North Stadium? If so that would be fantastic! I really didn't care to much for that red carpet, and it always bothered me that our opponents would walk over our original tunnel walk brick path.

You know, I don't understand what they would be doing unless they are going to actully do something different than just laying down red turf again. This looks like something will definitely be different here. But, what do I know!? Just seems to be alot of trouble to go through to just put some turf back down. However, the turf area had sank below the level of the cement so maybe they are just filling it in before the new turf goes down so it's level with the cement.

memorial stadium looks to be ranked 8th on B1G espn blog ranked stadiums of the B1G. coming tomorrow. you are right the endzones threw a wrench in the entire stadium not allowing it to conform with the rest in the future.

8th? I would hope not. Big house, The shoe, Happy valley, camp randall, should be the only ones that have a legit shot at being above ours. WIth maybe minnesota up there just because it is brand new.

It said next up Memorial Stadium after #9 today. I am assuming it will be Illinois' Memorial Stadium.

You know, I don't understand what they would be doing unless they are going to actully do something different than just laying down red turf again. This looks like something will definitely be different here. But, what do I know!? Just seems to be alot of trouble to go through to just put some turf back down. However, the turf area had sank below the level of the cement so maybe they are just filling it in before the new turf goes down so it's level with the cement.

Some sort of pavement would be nice

BTW, gonna harp on this again. Very frustrating that Kansas State has a webcam for their expansion but NU can't figure out how to get one up for us.

I wasnt aware they were doing such an expansion. Nor did I know they had the demand for that much luxury seating. I guess if you're to watch crappy football, might as well do it somewhere nice.

Being a KSU alum (but in no way a KSU fan) it's the first thing they have done right with that stadium IMO. Very nice looking addition that architecturally speaks to the rest of campus.

Haha, we'll be way above Camp Randall. Small stadium that hasn't done much in the way of renovations in a long time. But seriously, we should be top 3.
I bet the list goes: 1. Michigan 2. Penn State 3. Ohio State 4. Nebraska Everyone else

If PSU stadium is ahead of the Shoe I will crap myself.

Haha, we'll be way above Camp Randall. Small stadium that hasn't done much in the way of renovations in a long time. But seriously, we should be top 3.
I bet the list goes: 1. Michigan 2. Penn State 3. Ohio State 4. Nebraska Everyone else

Yeah - not seeing that happening. It'll be The Big House, The Shoe, Happy Valley/Memorial Stadium, Memorial Stadium/Happy Valley. Camp Randall might get in there because of the crowd participation, but we'll see.

Really though, I don't care. Whatever the list says, with all due respect to The Big House and The Shoe, et al, Memorial Stadium right here in Lincoln will always be #1 to me. As The Shoe will be to you. And rightly so. Lists like these kill time in the off season, and mean nothing. So it goes.

Yeah - not seeing that happening. It'll be The Big House, The Shoe, Happy Valley/Memorial Stadium, Memorial Stadium/Happy Valley. Camp Randall might get in there because of the crowd participation, but we'll see.

Really though, I don't care. Whatever the list says, with all due respect to The Big House and The Shoe, et al, Memorial Stadium right here in Lincoln will always be #1 to me. As The Shoe will be to you. And rightly so. Lists like these kill time in the off season, and mean nothing. So it goes.

It won't effect this particular ranking, but Wisco has sunk a bunch of money into updating facilities and football offices.

Rittenberg said in a mailbag session yesterday that Michigan is not #1

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/52840/big-ten-mailblog-169

KJ from Ferndale, Mich., writes: I am guessing that you being the Michigan fan will rank Michigan Stadium #1? With that said, what do you think about my ranking, and I have been to every Big Ten Stadium sans Minnesota who didn't have one until recently.1. Beaver Stadium - You have to drive to Knoxville to find an equivalent.2. Camp Randall3. Spartan Stadium - When Sparty is winning, there is no better place to go for a game in the entire country. 4. Memorial Stadium5. The Shoe. 6. Kinnick Stadium. Vastly under-rated. 7. Michigan Stadium - Penn State pulled off a partial white out in 2009 so this ranking might be a little high. Nuff said. 8. Do the rest really matter?

Adam Rittenberg: Me being the Michigan fan? That's a good one. Without giving away too much, Michigan Stadium won't be occupying the No. 1 spot. While the recent renovations have helped, the Big House remains overrated in my book, especially when compared to other Big Ten stadiums. While your rankings seem borderline insane -- Memorial Stadium at No. 4? -- you'll probably be pleased to see where we have Michigan Stadium. Wolverines fans, not so much.