Stadium Expansion

The lights will be moved at the end of the season. They are just temporary. I dont think they are going to have enough of the structure complete by the first game to put them in their permanent postions.

I'm pretty sure external construction will nearly cease during the season. They're very far along on the external shell, so slowing down for the season won't hurt the timetable a bit.

Maybe I misheard, but didn't they say in the video the shell will be done by the time the season starts?

From Nebraska Football Video, the new Tunnel Walk carpet is in:

AzuFXATCAAEMLNF.jpg

Man when I saw the pictures of them taking the old carpet out I was really hoping they were going to bring the memorial bricks from the old tunnel walk over to the north side where the new tunnel walk takes place. Oh well...the new carpet looks nice though.

The lights will be moved at the end of the season. They are just temporary. I dont think they are going to have enough of the structure complete by the first game to put them in their permanent postions.

I'm pretty sure external construction will nearly cease during the season. They're very far along on the external shell, so slowing down for the season won't hurt the timetable a bit.

Maybe I misheard, but didn't they say in the video the shell will be done by the time the season starts?

You could be right. I haven't watched that video, and I'm just surmising.

I have said for a while I think they need to add some kind of ramp to get people in and out at the top of South and North Stadium. It is a nightmare to get in and out of the higher up segments of these two stadiums.

Although I think it would be structurally impossible to actually connect all four stadiums technically but I don't think you would have to depending on what you want to accomplish. If the motivation is to make it more aesthetically pleasing and to keep the sound in I would think you could construct some kind of wrap to connect the press box (west stadium) to the north suites and then the north to the east and then if they put suites on the south they could connect the east and west to the south as well.

West, North, and East were connected when they did the North Stadium expansion. They are not connected via bleachers, but they are connected via the main concourse inside.

Yeah it is possible to walk around the stadium but I think the poster above that asked the question was thinking of having the bleachers being continuous with each other much like they are at Oklahoma St etc. I don't think structurally that would be possible. I would be for making it more enclosed in terms of keeping the sound in though. If you could put a roof type structure (like they have in Washington) and fill in the corners with a curved structure to keep that sound in oh man 92,000 fans would sure have a bigger impact on the play on the field.

I have said for a while I think they need to add some kind of ramp to get people in and out at the top of South and North Stadium. It is a nightmare to get in and out of the higher up segments of these two stadiums.

Although I think it would be structurally impossible to actually connect all four stadiums technically but I don't think you would have to depending on what you want to accomplish. If the motivation is to make it more aesthetically pleasing and to keep the sound in I would think you could construct some kind of wrap to connect the press box (west stadium) to the north suites and then the north to the east and then if they put suites on the south they could connect the east and west to the south as well.

West, North, and East were connected when they did the North Stadium expansion. They are not connected via bleachers, but they are connected via the main concourse inside.

Yeah it is possible to walk around the stadium but I think the poster above that asked the question was thinking of having the bleachers being continuous with each other much like they are at Oklahoma St etc. I don't think structurally that would be possible. I would be for making it more enclosed in terms of keeping the sound in though. If you could put a roof type structure (like they have in Washington) and fill in the corners with a curved structure to keep that sound in oh man 92,000 fans would sure have a bigger impact on the play on the field.

I think we're going to see a big difference in how loud it can get this season with what we've got done. A lot of blue hair hearing aids are gonna be on the fritz I hope.

They should have a max age limit to go to games. Not seriously but when I went to the Washington game there was a man probably in his late 70's early 80's holding his hands over his ears every time we were on defense

don't understand the desire these people have to go to the games live. i personally enjoy watching the games at home more than the stadium. it's just a preference of not wanting to deal w/ all the crap of getting up there and back - then trying to stay sober to drive after the game. this way i grill, i get drunk, and i get to watch 3-4 other games as well. and i'm 30. when i'm in my 70's...i'll grill, get drunk, and watch 5-6 other games.

They should have a max age limit to go to games. Not seriously but when I went to the Washington game there was a man probably in his late 70's early 80's holding his hands over his ears every time we were on defense

don't understand the desire these people have to go to the games live. i personally enjoy watching the games at home more than the stadium. it's just a preference of not wanting to deal w/ all the crap of getting up there and back - then trying to stay sober to drive after the game. this way i grill, i get drunk, and i get to watch 3-4 other games as well. and i'm 30. when i'm in my 70's...i'll grill, get drunk, and watch 5-6 other games.

I agree. I have season tickets and try to get to several games every year but going to the game ends up taking the whole day and you end up missing most of the rest of the games that day. I love being there but no question it is nice to get up in the morning to a nice crisp cool fall day, throw some ribs on the smoker put some smokies in the crock pot, watch college gameday, keep track of the early game while drinking your favorite beverage of choice with friends and or family then settle in to eat and drink all day with no lines for food or bathrooms and relax in your comfy chair watching games all day. I usually choose 2 or three games to switch between and catch highlights of the rest. What a great day! Is it football season yet? This post got me fired up!