Stadium Expansion

Watching the progress gives me mixed emotions. On one hand I think it is cool to have the East side built up, on the other hand I remember when I went to my first game as a kid and the first view of the stadium was the East side. A bit sad to see what I remember go away. I am not local so now that my kids are getting big enough to go, I feel a bit sad that when we make the trip their experience will be different. Heck I had a hard time watching the Tunnel Walk come out of the NW corner instead of the SW corner when I first saw it that way.

Callahan era must have been a witch for you emotions

Watching the progress gives me mixed emotions. On one hand I think it is cool to have the East side built up, on the other hand I remember when I went to my first game as a kid and the first view of the stadium was the East side. A bit sad to see what I remember go away. I am not local so now that my kids are getting big enough to go, I feel a bit sad that when we make the trip their experience will be different. Heck I had a hard time watching the Tunnel Walk come out of the NW corner instead of the SW corner when I first saw it that way.

Yeah, but pretty sure it was for all of us that experienced Husker highs. This is different, I have 2 younger kids now and I think about that first experience of a game. I am not old, only 35, but I am old enough to have experienced different eras in Husker Football. I understand for the younger folk it isn't a big deal, but when you have kids you will understand. I still think the exppansion is cool and will add new depth to the game day experience, I just have a bit of sentimentalism. Kind of like taking my kids to see the Yankees in the house that Jeter built instead of the house that Ruth built.

Yeah, but pretty sure it was for all of us that experienced Husker highs. This is different, I have 2 younger kids now and I think about that first experience of a game. I am not old, only 35, but I am old enough to have experienced different eras in Husker Football. I understand for the younger folk it isn't a big deal, but when you have kids you will understand. I still think the exppansion is cool and will add new depth to the game day experience, I just have a bit of sentimentalism. Kind of like taking my kids to see the Yankees in the house that Jeter built instead of the house that Ruth built.

Well think of it this way. Every bit of the original stadium is still in tact. It was built around. Not torn down and rebuilt. And if you wanna show em some old parts of the stadium get em some balcony seats on the east side.

Obsorne said by fall the entire steel structure will be up. He said we will be able to see the exact size in bones...

I believe it, I would take pictures today as I have some down time in between lunch and my psychology class (@ 1:30) but I'm too damn lazy. By the fall, Memorial should be pretty loud and a sight to see. Then we can start filling in those seats and restoring it to one of the most intimidating places to play in college football again.

How are people sitting on the east side going to get in for the spring game?

This. This is something I am quite interested in as well.

They'll have routes in through the construction. That or they'll have people enter through the SE gates, go down to field level, and come back up the stairs.

I think we should have a football "midnight madness" and hold the spring game at midnight. And sell booze, of course.

Yes Sir! Ill visit with the newly inaugurated student body president and put in a word with him!

I actually think it would be pretty cool. other than the fact that some families can only bring there kids to this event. i like the idea though