Stadium Expansion

does anyone know what happened to the Breslo ice center?

It's been moved around, but as far as I know it's still on track. I think the original location was supposed to be between Haymarket Park and the Arena, but now it's going to be on the 600 block of O Street. Basically you'll be able to go over the O Street overpass and look at the roof of the Breslow Center just to the north of the viaduct. I believe they're putting in footings for it right now.

icecenterlocations.image.jpg

Wait, an ice center? Are they actually going to move away from the Ice Box? :sarcasm In all seriousness, it's an exciting time for the city of Lincoln. It's getting a much needed and major face lift. I can't wait to be back in a few years.

A question for you in Lincoln: Did the storms do any damage to any of the new construction?

No. The storms were weak and didn't do sh#t

They looked impressive on radar, though. But yeah - we dodged the bullet here in Lincoln. Probably another tip of the hat owed to the Lancaster Effect.

What's the expected completion date?

Both the Arena and East Stadium are supposed to be ready for the first games (respectively) in 2013.

This thread is great for a distant fan, by the way. Thanks to all who contribute!

That's why I take the pictures every week. The University isn't covering this very well, for some reason. If I can help people have an idea of what's going on, that's wonderful.

I am having a hard time seeing the arena being done by basketball season. I dont know a whole lot about construction, but it look like they have way more than 5 months of work left.

The due date is 2013, not 2012. They have a year and five months, not five months.

Wow. :facepalm:

The structural work takes the most time. Once they get all the structural stuff up and wiring done (electrical/plumbing) which they are installing as they go, the aesthetics will go up real quick. When my campus built a new Recreation center they spent like 20 out of the 24 months building all the structural stuff... they didn't put up bricks, windows, dry wall, flooring, etc, until just a couple of months before opening. I suspect that the arena and stadium will be looking boney and unfinished for the next year. It could be May 2013 before they begin to close everything up and put in all the finish work. The basic steel work for the stadium is about half way up right now and it's taken them about 8 months to get this far.... it's been going quicker lately, but once the steel beams are up on the upper section, they still have to pour all the concrete for the stands... put in all the bleechers and club seats, they'll have a lot of concrete to pour and that stuff has to cure for a while once poured.

http://www.haymarketnow.com/arena

This is a great website for the arena progress. It literally gives weekly updates on construction and everything going on behind the scenes. There is a mounted camera that shows live feeds of the construction, and a month by month photo book as well. The website goes into detail about what the suites will look like, what the chairs will be like, etc.

I wish they made one of these for the football stadium!