Stadium Expansion

So...can someone explain to me how the aforementioned layout includes new general seating? Not understanding that for some reason.

Maybe they will make the east balcony a bit deeper. They won't be moving anyone's seats, so they probably will be building the newer seats as an expansion on the current balcony.

How many rows would they need to add 2000 there? 10-15? Even if you double the number of rows in the balcony, they are still closer to the field than people in the top of the end zone sections.

I think they're putting up more boxes instead of seats cause they're not sure if the sellout streak can handle 10,000 more a game

I for one, would guarentee to buy season tickets for the next ten years, or even buy them up front, if it wasn't for their ridiculous need to squeeze every potential season ticket holder for a "donation". As long as they are doing that, it is cheaper for me to keep on buying the tickets on the street. We, on this board, have had the discussion before when they expanded the last time - it does all come down to them wanting money, not allowing the "common folk" an opportunity to possess their precious season tickets...

I think they're putting up more boxes instead of seats cause they're not sure if the sellout streak can handle 10,000 more a game

I for one, would guarentee to buy season tickets for the next ten years, or even buy them up front, if it wasn't for their ridiculous need to squeeze every potential season ticket holder for a "donation". As long as they are doing that, it is cheaper for me to keep on buying the tickets on the street. We, on this board, have had the discussion before when they expanded the last time - it does all come down to them wanting money, not allowing the "common folk" an opportunity to possess their precious season tickets...

I posted about this a few years ago and got ripped, but we need to have a day of reckoning. As people like Husker Trucker sit waiting for tickets there are hundreds, maybe a thousand or so, people breaking the ticket rules. People who have violated the ticket hand down, and refuse to donate for there location (some of these are in really prime areas). As they start this upgrade, they should make every season ticket holder present themselves, if they cannot, the next of kin will then have the chance to either pay for the location they are in, or go on to the list (before anyone gets mad, that is the rule, all tickets can be handed down, but you must start to donate at the level for your section). I know it seems harsh, but it really makes me mad to think people who are following the system are getting screwed while others are gaming it. I understand the deal made with the people from the late 60's, eary 70s, but as these people pass on, there family should be subject to the same policies that I and Husker Trucker have to live under, yes you've sat in those seats for 40 years, but if you are screwing the system, in the long run, you are screwing the program.

I also find it upsetting that some of these people just no longer have an interest in coming to the games. Two seats in front of me have different people in them every game. While I dont mind ticket brokering, as it allows people the ability to see a game, when you live in Arizona, and haven't been back for a game in 10 years, well maybe its time to give those up.

• 5 months later...

I don't know if this is old news or not, too, but they knocked down the old oak and pine trees on the east side of the stadium this week. All the students will come back from Spring Break to a very different-looking East stadium plaza.

I grabbed a couple of pine branches as I walked by. Not sure what I'll do with them, but it's interesting to have. Got a ton of sap on my hand carrying it back to the office, but I smelled so fresh.

I grabbed a couple of pine branches as I walked by. Not sure what I'll do with them, but it's interesting to have. Got a ton of sap on my hand carrying it back to the office, but I smelled so fresh.

So you're saying you smell like a taxi cab.

I don't know if this is old news or not, too, but they knocked down the old oak and pine trees on the east side of the stadium this week. All the students will come back from Spring Break to a very different-looking East stadium plaza.

That is such an accidental commentary on how much easier to do business anywhere but in CA. Nu wants to clear some old trees to expand? Done. Cal talked about maybe taking some trees down and had people living in them and harassing ticket holders for a few years.

That is such an accidental commentary on how much easier to do business anywhere but in CA. Nu wants to clear some old trees to expand? Done. Cal talked about maybe taking some trees down and had people living in them and harassing ticket holders for a few years.

Having lived in the Bay Area for a couple of years, I know exactly what you're talking about. It's different out there. Nice, but different.

The trees they knocked down last week weren't pretty. The pines were natty, and the oaks were pretty run-of-the-mill oaks. Nothing to write home about. Here's hoping they replace the trees, though. Lincoln is pretty proactive about trees.