Stadium Expansion

Who gives a sh#t about how big our video screen is

It is already huge and I'm not sure why you guys have such a big case of penis envy with Texas and Miami. Seriously, who cares.

Alrighty then, apparently you don't care. Maybe other would like it bigger. Seriously, what does it matter to you?

• Fire 2

Who gives a sh#t about how big our video screen is

It is already huge and I'm not sure why you guys have such a big case of penis envy with Texas and Miami. Seriously, who cares.

Chill out dude.

Simple fact is that expanding Huskervision makes sense. You ALWAYS want to be doing something to upgrade/change/improve your stadium every few years it's part of how to keep the gates turning.

Nebraska since 1964 has never once gone more than 4 consecutive years without doing some upgrade/modification to Memorial Stadium. Once the new seats are finished in 2013 history states that the administration will look to make an upgrade or replacement of something else around 2016.

That update will probably be the installation of new fieldturf as the turf we have now was installed 7 years ago and is starting to show it's age.

BUT if they think the turf will hold up for another 2-3 years, enlarging Huskervision is a relatively cost effective way to continue to show upgrades on a routine basis. (Like the 2009 addition of the ribbonboards were a cost effective stopgap between the finishing of North Stadium in 2006 and the East Stadium project going on now.

That said, while I wouldn't mind that being upgraded again, I'd rather see an improved sound system first.

I'm sure it will be expanded at some point, but we just got the new side screens and banners spanning the length of the east/west decks. Not sure if you noticed, but we are also adding an entire new east stadium complex. We've got other problems like turf, sound system (like you said) etc to worry bout. Or how about new bathrooms? Improved entrance/exit ramps? On and on.

As Lewis Black would say, on the list of things we have to worry about, the Huskervision screen is on page 6 after 'are we eating too much garlic as a people'

I'm sure it will be expanded at some point, but we just got the new side screens and banners spanning the length of the east/west decks. Not sure if you noticed, but we are also adding an entire new east stadium complex. We've got other problems like turf, sound system (like you said) etc to worry bout. Or how about new bathrooms? Improved entrance/exit ramps? On and on.

As Lewis Black would say, on the list of things we have to worry about, the Huskervision screen is on page 6 after 'are we eating too much garlic as a people'

I agree with you on the sound system and turf.

I agree with you on the sound system and turf.

expanding the screen would be cool, but not a necessity, everything is about $, and there are priorities before the screen, also when they did the ribbon boards on east and west they did not have them expand to the very end, you will notice it cuts off a section on both corners of east and west, they had to cut funds on them. Source* im friends with a kid who's dad is the pres of husker sports marketing, so they come up with all the projects

At first I thought you'd posted the same picture twice just to screw with us.

How many do those boxes hold? Like 50 people? You've added like 1000 seats at most unless I'm missing something

He just made the video screen bigger.

lol. That's a sh#t ton of money to build supports for the screen...

how to keep the gates turning.

I don't disagree with you completely, but this made me laugh a little.

Foggy morning. Made for some moody pics.

DSCF1634.jpg

This is a panorama I took from the soccer pitch inside Ed Weir track. Be warned - it's a large pic.

DSCF1623.jpg

Also from Ed Weir track, showing the elevation of the iron work.

DSCF1608.jpg

From the west side of the Coliseum. They've added another full level from the day of the Spring Game, and some structure going upwards from there.

DSCF1602.jpg

This is from the bike-rack area next to Bessey Hall.

DSCF1592.jpg

Some of the finishing tools on the superstructure. These are concrete finishers, so I'm guessing they're putting in the concrete subflooring on some of these levels.

DSCF1591.jpg

One of the seals, before it gets covered.

DSCF1587.jpg

Now for the Arena:

DSCF1646.jpg

DSCF1644.jpg

DSCF1639.jpg

DSCF1582.jpg

This is from the highway overpass, and is the first pic I took this AM. Pretty gloomy, but shows the overall size of this beast.

• Fire 3

I was at the baseball games on Saturday, and me and my dad were wondering why they built the arena in between 2 railroad tracks. Where are they going to park people? Anybody know the official plans for that? I would think that they will have to re-route some of the train tracks in order to make it look like the mock-up arena.

I was at the baseball games on Saturday, and me and my dad were wondering why they built the arena in between 2 railroad tracks. Where are they going to park people? Anybody know the official plans for that? I would think that they will have to re-route some of the train tracks in order to make it look like the mock-up arena.

i think there is going to be a huge parking lot on one side of the stadium, but dont quote me, are those not getting moved?