Stadium Expansion

DSCF3275.jpg

Art-drawings.jpg

So if I am comparing these correctly, they essentially have all of the ironwork complete, except for the peaks and maybe more of the general seating stands. Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is looking freaking amazing right now! Can't wait to see what the outside looks like by the time we kick off against Southern Miss!

thought they would go a little higher but it looks pretty close to being topped out

DSCF3275.jpg

Art-drawings.jpg

So if I am comparing these correctly, they essentially have all of the ironwork complete, except for the peaks and maybe more of the general seating stands. Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is looking freaking amazing right now! Can't wait to see what the outside looks like by the time we kick off against Southern Miss!

That's the way I am seeing it. The peaks on the columns and the general seating/lighting iron is the last of it. Then just need to work on the facade. I doubt the facade is done by opening week but who knows. I am heading up for the MN game so luckily I shuld be seeing essentially a finished product on the outside.

Knapplc, thanks again for taking the time to head out and take these as it's the only way I have been able to follow the stadium expansion. I jones for this kind of stuff so thanks man!

DSCF3275.jpg

Art-drawings.jpg

thought they would go a little higher but it looks pretty close to being topped out

Rest assured that once all the facade is up and finished it will look monstrous compared to what was there. I think it does now anyway but the whole perspective will change once you are looking at a completed structure.

DSCF3275.jpg

Art-drawings.jpg

Rest assured that once all the facade is up and finished it will look monstrous compared to what was there. I think it does now anyway but the whole perspective will change once you are looking at a completed structure.

No doubt it will look alot bigger then what was there. its just hard for me to wrap my head around this thing and how big it will be. cant wait to see it in person

Great pics as always, I have a question though.

Is the red facing that's currently up the final brickwork cladding or is that still the inner thermal layer?

Kinda hard to see the detail from the distance as to wether that is flat or if it's actually brick texture.

If it's the brickwork I'd love if we could see a closer picture of how it looks if anyone gets a chance. (if possible)

The old gal is really looking good.

Is the red facing that's currently up the final brickwork cladding or is that still the inner thermal layer?

Kinda hard to see the detail from the distance as to wether that is flat or if it's actually brick texture.

If it's the brickwork I'd love if we could see a closer picture of how it looks if anyone gets a chance. (if possible)

Almost 100% sure that is just paint over the thermal layer.

Almost 100% sure that is just paint over the thermal layer.

Yep! That's where the brick will go. They did the same thing on the north side.

so is it supposed to be ready by gameday or not..?

It will be ready for 2013.

Is anyone else kind of disappointed that you won't be able to see west stadium from Vine Street anymore? I mean, I love what they're doing with the stadium, but I feel like the view won't be as good anymore.

I see your point, but I think this new building will be aesthetically pleasant enough to overcome that.