Great Article about Bo's pregame prep with the team

knapplc

The money that hunters spend is used for conservation of habitat and wildlife management. There is no other funding for wildlife. If it weren't for legal hunters (trophy, meat, whatever) there wouldn't be any animals. Hunters are the best conservationists of all. Old male lions like this one have been ousted by a younger and stronger male from their pride. they are condemned to roam the savannah alone until they either starve to death or become weak enough to be ripped apart by hyenas. the hunter did this old warrior a huge favor by providing him a relatively quick and painless death instead of months of suffering. and the money he spent will help ensure the survival of the animal's bloodline. So...if you like wildlife, buy a hunting license. you don't have to actually hunt, but you will be helping the animals, rather than sitting in your chair casting aspersions.

The money that hunters spend is used for conservation of habitat and wildlife management. There is no other funding for wildlife. If it weren't for legal hunters (trophy, meat, whatever) there wouldn't be any animals. Hunters are the best conservationists of all. Old male lions like this one have been ousted by a younger and stronger male from their pride. they are condemned to roam the savannah alone until they either starve to death or become weak enough to be ripped apart by hyenas. the hunter did this old warrior a huge favor by providing him a relatively quick and painless death instead of months of suffering. and the money he spent will help ensure the survival of the animal's bloodline. So...if you like wildlife, buy a hunting license. you don't have to actually hunt, but you will be helping the animals, rather than sitting in your chair casting aspersions.

Yeah I'm sure in Africa, which is very stable politically and where corruption by governmental organizations is almost unheard of, the money will go directly to the support of lions. You know what else helps an animal's bloodline? Not getting shot.

Yeah I'm sure in Africa, which is very stable politically and where corruption by governmental organizations is almost unheard of, the money will go directly to the support of lions. You know what else helps an animal's bloodline? Not getting shot.

depends which country you're talking about...most of them are really good about protecting their natural resources. safari hunting is a major source of income for them. they have rangers armed with AK47s that will shoot people for poaching. many rangers have died protecting designated national wildlife areas. hunters pay their salaries. shutting off legal safari hunting is a death sentence for all savannah wildlife. which is worse? one old lion or all the animals dead?

GRBsal has it right. Besides, the money (and often times meat) that hunters provide to Africa (and sometimes to American Indian tribes) is many times the best way for native Africans to make a living and attain food.

What people have to realize is that conservation is not the practice of preserving animals, true conservation is understanding the balance between man, animals, and the environment. You have to realize that humans are a vital part of that balance, and people, at their most natural, are hunters and gatherers first. Sorry to get off topic.

Damn, you nailed it. Great job. I've been an avid hunter for years. It's unfortunate that so many do not understand hunting.

Bill Snyder beat Nebraska 49-13 on this field in 2002 — and never took his starters out of the game. No joke. His backup quarterback didn't play a snap.

The next year in Lincoln, Bo Pelini took offense to similar methods, giving Snyder a piece of his mind after another K-State win.

This would be my only complaint about last night: Pelini pulled the starters. I was hoping to see the starters in the game until the clock struck 00:00. Nebraska has their foot on KSU's throat. I wanted to see them crush their windpipe. I really wanted to see Pelini run the score up.

Damn, you nailed it. Great job. I've been an avid hunter for years. It's unfortunate that so many do not understand hunting.

I think you're really not seeing what point I´m trying to make. I'm a hunter myself, and I understand all the points made. But I see no reason to hunt lion. Who the hell is going to eat lion? Carnivore meat is usually horrible. Arguing that shooting a lion is better than having it ripped apart by hyenas is just stupid - that's nature. If the lion was a maneater then okay, if it was really old and dangerous to people, okay (I don't know how you'd know by a youtube video if he was old). But I do not agree with hunting most predators for sport and mounting it on the wall like you're some sort of badass. Good job, you shot and killed a lion (barely) with 4 other buddies using high-powered rifles. Big man. You want to impress me? Go kill a lion with a spear or a knife. Now that is hunting.

Bill Snyder beat Nebraska 49-13 on this field in 2002 — and never took his starters out of the game. No joke. His backup quarterback didn't play a snap.

The next year in Lincoln, Bo Pelini took offense to similar methods, giving Snyder a piece of his mind after another K-State win.

This would be my only complaint about last night: Pelini pulled the starters. I was hoping to see the starters in the game until the clock struck 00:00. Nebraska has their foot on KSU's throat. I wanted to see them crush their windpipe. I really wanted to see Pelini run the score up.

I should say that "We have more class than that"....however....When you serve out the crap like they did back then, maybe you deserve to eat a little yourself.