USC Sucks

Any chance we can still land Jalen Grimble?

USC has a lot NOT going it for it these days. The penalties/sanctions, not in Top 25 with lackluster play this season, most people outside USC have a belief Lane Kiffen is somewhat of a joke. I think other Pac 10 programs can steal some of their offensive recruiting targets but there is no reason why we can't beat them on defensive recruits.

Any chance we can still land Jalen Grimble?

USC has a lot NOT going it for it these days. The penalties/sanctions, not in Top 25 with lackluster play this season, most people outside USC have a belief Lane Kiffen is somewhat of a joke. I think other Pac 10 programs can steal some of their offensive recruiting targets but there is no reason why we can't beat them on defensive recruits.

usc is usc, lots of california kids wish to play there, regardless of their problems.....hollywood, the beach, what do you expect

I expect that anyone who would go to USC at this point probably wasn't concerned with competing at the highest level of athletics in the first place. I understand Kiffin is the kind of snake oil salesman that could sell other snake oil salesmen snake oil, but wow, what idiot would want to roll the dice on that program now? Especially when even if you didn't have the sanctions, your odds of winning an NC under Kiffin from a coaching standpoint are about as good as winning one under Cosgrove at Minnesota.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watching more USC tonight...man are they looking ugly. This is prime time to be making inroads into recruiting SoCal with the seasons USC and UCLA have put together.

NU offers that we should still be pursuing.

LB Kent Turene - he is from Florida but is a soft verbal...he has to have doubts going across country to play for a program where the luster is off...and the defense has not performed well...I gotta believe Monte will be hanging 'em up soon.

LB Tre Madden - kid is from Mission Viejo, a big time program in Orange County, So. CA that would be good to be recruiting. He does not have offers from UCLA or Oregon which compete for USC talent. We may be a good option for this kid. Mike Ekeler is recruiting him.

DE Jalen Grimble - from Las Vegas and gave us a serious look.