The Future of Taylor Martinez

To me he looks like the fastest offensive player in the game this season. He's flat out running D-1 corners and safeties. That's pretty rare.

Did anyone else hear ol' Herbstreit on ESPN do the piece comparing Martinez and Denard Robinson? "I would give Denard Robinson more of an advantage, once he gets through that second level of a defense he's not going to be caught from behind."

Herbie....

picard-facepalm.jpg

Link to video (on right side) Herbie: Comparing Martinez with Robinson http://espn.go.com/c...ska-cornhuskers

Herbstreit says he would put Darron Thomas (of Oregon) ahead of both Martinez and Robinson. I'd post the double face palm pic but you get the picture.

To me he looks like the fastest offensive player in the game this season. He's flat out running D-1 corners and safeties. That's pretty rare.

Did anyone else hear ol' Herbstreit on ESPN do the piece comparing Martinez and Denard Robinson? "I would give Denard Robinson more of an advantage, once he gets through that second level of a defense he's not going to be caught from behind."

Herbie....

picard-facepalm.jpg

Link to video (on right side) Herbie: Comparing Martinez with Robinson http://espn.go.com/c...ska-cornhuskers

Herbstreit says he would put Darron Thomas (of Oregon) ahead of both Martinez and Robinson. I'd post the double face palm pic but you get the picture.

What is wrong with what he said? It is true that when Denard gets through the 2nd level, he will not be caught from behind.

However, if Kirk was using that as a sole basis for choosing one over the other, that is wrong. But as a complete QB, there is no question you would take both Denard over Taylor. The running aspect would be an argument that could be made either way, but the passing aspect absolutely goes to Denard by a WIDE margin.

With Darron Thomas, you would lose some in the running game going from Taylor to him, but again, the passing aspect would go to Darron by a wide margin. Those two it would just be a matter of preference, and I know who all of Husker Nation would prefer. :)

• Fire 2

Herbie....

picard-facepalm.jpg

What is wrong with what he said? It is true that when Denard gets through the 2nd level, he will not be caught from behind.

What is wrong with what he said??? I've seen both of these guys play. Martinez is easily the most explosive quarterback running wise in all of college football. I've seen Robinson get caught from behind several times this season on break away runs. Martinez? Umm, the guy flat out outruns entire defenses. Implying that only Robinson won't get caught from behind once he reaches the second level is flat out ridiculous.

+1 to BigWillie. Denard Robinson is clearly the better choice based on the games played thus far. I'd take the Oregon back James ahead of their QB though.

I have a feeling Martinez won't look nearly as fast against Texas. Let's wait for an opponent with a decent defense and some speed.

Texass looked fast against UCLA. They were very fast at running after the QB and running backs as they scored. KSU beat a bad UCLA team. UCLA was slapped by CAL this weekend.(Cal is just so so) UCLA is a bad, bad team and KSU handled their pistol and beat them easily. Texas not so much. Texas doesn't have the players in the trenches. Their O line is not very good, meaning no running game at all. They will have to throw into the strength of the defense. Their D line won't be able to dominate our O line like in our previous meetings. Bo will do all he can to drop 50 on Texass.

+1 to BigWillie. Denard Robinson is clearly the better choice based on the games played thus far. I'd take the Oregon back James ahead of their QB though.

I have a feeling Martinez won't look nearly as fast against Texas. Let's wait for an opponent with a decent defense and some speed.

Texass looked fast against UCLA. They were very fast at running after the QB and running backs as they scored. KSU beat a bad UCLA team. UCLA was slapped by CAL this weekend.(Cal is just so so) UCLA is a bad, bad team and KSU handled their pistol and beat them easily. Texass, not so much. Texass doesn't have the players in the trenches. Their O line is not very good, meaning no running game at all. They will have to throw into the strength of the defense. Their D line won't be able to dominate our O line like in our previous meetings. Bo will do all he can to drop 50 on Texass.

Furthermore regarding Herbie's little video Darron Thomas so far this season has done well passing. He's thrown for 1200 yards in six games but compared with Martinez and Robinson in 6 games he only has 200 yards rushing. Not quite the dual threat that Robinson is at least. I'm going with Denard Robinson if you want to get into an argument of 'best overall' quarterback.

Furthermore regarding Herbie's little video Darron Thomas is a sophomore. So far this season he's done well passing, he's thrown for 1200 yards in six games but compared with Martinez and Robinson in 6 games he only has 200 yards rushing. Not quite the dual threat that Robinson is at least. I'm going with Denard Robinson if you want to get into an argument of 'best overall' quarterback. Herbie started off comparing the two freshman quarterbacks only to somehow bring Darron Thomas into the discussion. Umm, okay....

FYI Robinson is a sophomore, Martinez is a frosh. Same recruiting class but TM redshirted.

Furthermore regarding Herbie's little video Darron Thomas is a sophomore. So far this season he's done well passing, he's thrown for 1200 yards in six games but compared with Martinez and Robinson in 6 games he only has 200 yards rushing. Not quite the dual threat that Robinson is at least. I'm going with Denard Robinson if you want to get into an argument of 'best overall' quarterback. Herbie started off comparing the two freshman quarterbacks only to somehow bring Darron Thomas into the discussion. Umm, okay....

FYI Robinson is a sophomore, Martinez is a frosh. Same recruiting class but TM redshirted.

Yeah I caught that. I still never seem to agree with Herbstreit and find a lot of his observations absurd.