Alternate Uniforms for Texas Game?

Today, I received an e-mail at work, talking about a rumor going around that NU would be wearing all red football uniforms this Saturday (red out around the world), with new helmets that have the block-style "N" on the helmet. Something about these changes are an introduction to the new uniform/helmet design that we will wear for our 1st year of the Big Ten. There even was an attachment showing pics of the uniforms and helmets. Sorry, I didn't forward the e-mail home or I would share it. Anyone else hear about this?

all reds- puke. the helmet looks cool but i love the simple small N too much. i sure hope they don't do this. and i'm not even one of those traditionalists (fwiw i love going with the all whites every once in a while, such as when we play CU on the road. in fact, it would be sweet if every time we ended the season @ Iowa, we wore all whites.) back to the topic of this thread... i pray we wear our normal uniforms

• Fire 3

The all-red I couldn't imagine liking too much, but from a branding point of view, the academic "N" is much better for the university's recognition (especially on television; it stands out) than the simplistic practice-squad N. The academic looking N is already the brand of all other aspects of the university. It makes perfect sense, but again, it is a matter of taste and tradition. Personally, I prefer the simple N, but I don't think the new one - if it is indeed the new one - is bad at all either.

That's terrible... what's next, Bama updating to a modern font for their helmet numbers? PSU adding a cartoon JoePa to the helmets? I like our block N logo, but never on the helmets. There's a short list of really great traditional helmets left in CFB. Let's not cross ourselves off.

• Fire 4

I'm not at all in favor of changing anything about the current uniforms, but I think on rare occasions such as this weekend I could live with it. The problem is if they wear the new uniforms and win great, but if they lose they're gonna look real stupid and probably never hear the end of it.

No new uni's, no new helmets. Just go out there and f'ing play ball. Its impossible to count the number of teams who change up their uni's for a "BIG" game and then walk out on the field only to get trounced. Treat it like any other game. We dont need anything different. We are Nebraska, everyone knows who we are. Next thing you know we will be changing the color of our turf and doing stupid red and white sections in the stands......pathetic.

• Fire 1