Alternate Uniforms for Texas Game?

If we wear black on gameday, then our colors are technically the same as Texas Tech's. 'Nuff said.

oh no. right now we have the same colors as wisconsin, ncst., eastern washington, maryland, louisville, rutgers, utah, indiana, cornell, illinois st., fresno st., and so on and so forth. 'nuff said.

Yeah. But seriously... TEXAS. TECH.

If we wear black on gameday, then our colors are technically the same as Texas Tech's. 'Nuff said.

oh no. right now we have the same colors as wisconsin, ncst., eastern washington, maryland, louisville, rutgers, utah, indiana, cornell, illinois st., fresno st., and so on and so forth. 'nuff said.

Yeah. But seriously... TEXAS. TECH.

i know, i just do not think it would be the end of the world.

The all-red I couldn't imagine liking too much, but from a branding point of view, the academic "N" is much better for the university's recognition (especially on television; it stands out) than the simplistic practice-squad N. The academic looking N is already the brand of all other aspects of the university. It makes perfect sense, but again, it is a matter of taste and tradition. Personally, I prefer the simple N, but I don't think the new one - if it is indeed the new one - is bad at all either.

That's actually not the academic "N". That is the athletic department "N". Nebraska is one of the few universities that's used 2 different fonts to brand itself. Argument aside, you make a valid point about Nebraska deciding to use this new look helmet for the sake of consistent branding, and with the move to the Big Ten, it makes sense to do this change of branding starting now.

I'm going to go against the grain on this one. I think the new helmets look awesome. And like some have already mentioned, it is the official "N" of the university.

Actually this is the official "N" of the university...logo.png

Notice the academic "N" (white) is inside of/on top of the athletic "N"

The new N looks exactly like what wiconsin or Minnesota or purpue have in the big 10: a great big ol sticker slapped on the side of the helmet. I think it looks overdone. Pleeeeease keep the small sticker

Personally, I couldn't agree more, especially when you compare this new look to Wisconsin's helmets (eeeesh). I love the helmet as is. Even though the change makes sense for branding and advertising purposes for the university, I think you gotta stick with tradition on this one.

That N looks sweet... it would look even sweeter on some black helmets :)

We need to treat this game as if it was any other. Doing anything out of ordinary will be distraction to our team. So I say NO to the all REDS and NO to new helmets. Theirs absolutely no way Bo would approve doing this a for a game like this, SDSU maybe.

Its not gonna happen.... if it does i'll come on here saturday night, find this post and say i was wrong.

i have confirmation from someone in the athletic department that we are going all red uniforms. not sure about the new helmet tho..

Oh really, who is your source? I can verify this with my source that says this is BS. :moreinteresting

:facepalm: :facepalm: God this board is ridiculous with who is your source crap. If it happens we will all still cheer for NU

if it doesn't happen guess what we still all cheer for NU. GBR

i have confirmation from someone in the athletic department that we are going all red uniforms. not sure about the new helmet tho..

Oh really, who is your source? I can verify this with my source that says this is BS. :moreinteresting

:facepalm: :facepalm: God this board is ridiculous with who is your source crap. If it happens we will all still cheer for NU

who are your sources?

• Fire 1

Yes the source thing is a little ridiculous. But it did say their was "confirmation", so they pretty much set himself for the "source" comment. Prob shouldve of worded it different.

Quite honestly, I do not want the team to come out monochrome red for Saturday for a few reasons. One, if we lose, I can hear it now "If we'd just worn white pants..." Folks, it's the players in the uniforms, not the uniforms. Secondly, I just don't think monochrome red is a good combo. All white is nice every once in a while, but I don't much like all red.