Alternate Uniforms for Texas Game?

Nope, gotta stick with the old-school "N."

College football is great because of the history, the tradition, the pageantry of the sport. And every little detail contributes to that. If Nebraska changes the "N" on the helmet, then they've lost a powerful symbolic link between the current players and the legends of the past. It not only changes the game for everyone watching it, but it changes the tenor of the program. There's a reason when people think of college football juggernauts, they think of Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, USC... and not Oregon.

Keep the "N," the same, and while the all-reds don't look as bad as the block "N," I'm pretty sure they're cursed.

College football is great because of the history, the tradition, the pageantry of the sport. And every little detail contributes to that. If Nebraska changes the "N" on the helmet, then they've lost a powerful symbolic link between the current players and the legends of the past. It not only changes the game for everyone watching it, but it changes the tenor of the program. There's a reason when people think of college football juggernauts, they think of Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, USC... and not Oregon.

Keep the "N," the same, and while the all-reds don't look as bad as the block "N," I'm pretty sure they're cursed.

Oh really? because Ohio State has used different uniforms, for the michigan game last year. Oklahoma has used a white helmet instead of its norm.

Why does everybody always freak out about new sh#t. I know its tradition and history and all that, but who really cares. Its still the same team out there. I personally could care less what we do

A great deal of fans care and for these two reasons.

well what are they going to do about it? Not attend games? Fine...someone else will gladly take the seat and keep the sellout going.

Get over it. It's not even a major change and if it happens its just 1 freaking time. Let loose a bit. I mean ya'll wanted change when ya voted Obama as president.

I highlight two words from a sentence to simply explain why there could be some backlash. From that simple sentence you were able to inaccurately gleen my political affiliation and my position on the rumored change.

Someone does need to lighten up but I'm pretty sure it isn't me.

• Fire 1

Oh really? because Ohio State has used different uniforms, for the michigan game last year. Oklahoma has used a white helmet instead of its norm.

Oklahoma's helmet was a throwback. And I'm ok with changing the uniforms to a degree, but I'm pretty sure the all-reds are cursed. See OU game in 1986.

I would really like to see a uni change when we go to the B10. Nothing too drastic, but some noticable differences between NU and Wiconsin would be good. Maybe we could go back to the pants without stripes.... I've been thinking a sigle pinstripe/piping on the pants would look kinda cool. Maybe outline the sleeve stripes with the same pinstripe/piping.

Man, Husker fans hate change......

Times change, no reason we cant try new things out.

We tried to change once.....it rendered us unimportant to the college football landscape for about a decade. The uni we currently have is iconic there is no reason to change it. Changing uniforms for a particular game proves you are putting more emphasis on it than other games and more often than not it makes the players try too hard and then all goes to hell. Recent examples Georgia, VTech, NU all whites debacle.

• Fire 1

Nebraska didn't become a pillar of college football by changing to meet the current trend. We built our reputation on a solid foundation of excellence, and that's reflected in everything we put forth as our public image.

Let the Oregons and the Missouris of the world follow whichever way the wind blows. That's fine for a team without tradition - they have nothing to lose.

• Fire 1

We tried to change once.....it rendered us unimportant to the college football landscape for about a decade. The uni we currently have is iconic there is no reason to change it. Changing uniforms for a particular game proves you are putting more emphasis on it than other games and more often than not it makes the players try too hard and then all goes to hell. Recent examples Georgia, VTech, NU all whites debacle.

Changing uniforms DOES NOT render how you play. Holy Buckets! Did people b*tch and moan when we took the stripes off the pants after winning national titles...the 1997 team changed its uniform and look what happened, they won a national title. Wear the 97 style uniforms, even go back to the loose jersey, the plain white pants and the long white socks/shoes. That is the only decent Nebraska uniform there has ever been.

Changing uniforms DOES NOT render how you play. Holy Buckets! Did people b*tch and moan when we took the stripes off the pants after winning national titles...the 1997 team changed its uniform and look what happened, they won a national title. Wear the 97 style uniforms, even go back to the loose jersey, the plain white pants and the long white socks/shoes. That is the only decent Nebraska uniform there has ever been.

As said before... They make minor changes to the uniform every year, which I'm ok with. But all-reds is not a minor change, and it's cursed. And the N on the helmet is our identity. It's sacred ground. You don't mess with the N on the helmet.

• Fire 2