Horrible coaching

Sparker

Punting on first down? Typo or did I miss something?

Pretty sure he is referring to the quick punt after the Reed catch. But coaches don't have that nice blown up camera angle to go off of. Wasn't at the game so couldn't tell ya what angle the big screen showed, but outside of sitting in your living room with the blown up angle, you couldn't tell if that was a catch or not. That is why I can let this slide. The onside kcik on the other hand.......

Yeah, kyler reed's foot was down. That was a first down

I'm kinda surprised that the refs missed that, they had two line judges looking right at his feet.

No surprise the refs missed it...they were not doing any favors for us today. I AM SHOCKED our coaching staff missed it. You gotta be smarter than that and not quickly punt. We were desperate at that time to keep drives alive and we just shot ourselves and "punted on first down". :facepalm:

I'm kinda surprised that the refs missed that, they had two line judges looking right at his feet.

No surprise the refs missed it...they were not doing any favors for us today. I AM SHOCKED our coaching staff missed it. You gotta be smarter than that and not quickly punt. We were desperate at that time to keep drives alive and we just shot ourselves and "punted on first down". :facepalm:

It wasn't the coaches' fault. It was on the other sideline, and they had no way of knowing it was a close call. That call was on the refs and the replay booth.

It wasn't the coaches' fault. It was on the other sideline, and they had no way of knowing it was a close call. That call was on the refs and the replay booth.

:bs:

Someone's gotta be smart enough to call that play down from the booth. I am damn sure TX would have.

:yeah

No way anyone on the other sideline sees that play. I don't think Kyler even thought he got a foot in.

Punting so quickly there is a head-scratcher - what was the point? If every play is supposed to be reviewed, give them enough time to look at that.

If there was less time the onside kick makes sense, but with 3 minutes left it's a terrible call. Kick it deep and let the defense do it's job.

I don't agree with pulling Martinez. You have to ride the horse that got you there. Lee did a good job, but really wasn't any more effective. Martinez still has home run capability. The play calling didn't do him any favors either. Once you see they are loading up against the zone read, change up the offense. I think if they mixed things up with some short, high percentage passes early, that would have taken some pressure off the running game.

Punting on first down? Typo or did I miss something?

3rd down catch ruled out of bounds, was actually in-bounds, no challenge flag, quick punt before we could even get a free review out of it. The only play the team seemed to hustle all game.

Hence, we punted on first down.

yes that was terrible, was one of our spotters upstairs out for a beer?.....pitiful, just pitiful.