Discussing the upcoming season

Redout

I can respect that. We have to realize that there are probably more people like WyHus than we want to admit. Especially the hard core purists which it seems Wy is a strong member of. That is understandable, after the drastic 180 slash and burn that just occured. I mean truly, when you really stop to think about it, it leaves your head spinning with the complete institutional overhaul that took place, and continues to ripple like a big red quake.

I think the "others" with strong convictions about tradition like WyHus have just completely thrown in the towel and said the hell with it. So thats why he seems so enigmatic. But I bet there are more like him than we think. Personally I wasnt a "true diehard" fan during the good ol days so to speak. I was so young during the late 70's and early 80s that I dont think the tradition had as long to soak into my "big red brain". People like WyHus and others that have older roots into Big Red lore will take a little longer to assimilate and "break" :) and some may never accept the NU era.

But whether you get back on board or not WyHus, I think its good to have a perspective like yours around here. So even if you drift from supporting the team over the next season, feel free to drop in here ever now and then to give your side of the story.

But man if I have to look at that blasted Wildcat logo in your sig again I might honk!! :)

shirt

• Fire 1

Guest WyomingexHusker

Thanks Blackshirt. I will tone it down. I may try counseling! :D My wife says I am being a baby! :angry:

Hell she can't even name all the starting quartebacks since 69!

Not saying youre out of line. A little counseling probably wudnt hurt tho! ;) Every QB since '69? You are a freak!! And youre obviously xtremly passionate about NU foosball, and at times may get a bit outta your shoes :) , but so do all of us occassionally. Hell thats what makes us "the best damn fans in the land". Well excluding you of course WyHus, dont want to offend you by including you with that group. :) Hope to see you back on our side again someday.

• Fire 1
  • 12 years later...