This needs to stop

Why is that when Nebraska gets into these BIG GAME situations they always seem to shoot themselves in foot...A game that we truly wanted...a team that we wanted to beat so so bad... A game that was right there for the taking....but yet we were the ones that took it right in the arse!!! That needs to stop!!!!

bo talks about treating it just as another game. i think that overplaying the "it is just another game" angle gets in the players heads worse than treating it like the big game that it is. they need to be playing inspired, possessed for these big games, because they are different.

I agree 100%! If this is just another game, then why would it garner so much attention from everyone? We aren't a team that can like that, unless we are acting as if every game is a potential make or break game, which we obviously aren't. I can't understand how these players aren't getting pumped for home games?

the key is to find an excuse to make every game a big game. but i just think it has to be distracting for the players to keep getting pounded in their head that they have to treat a game like every other game. that probably makes them more nervous and they feel like they have to come out a play it like a regular game (i.e. with no passion, just focus on fundamentals, which is over compensating the wrong way), and that is why they come out flat, because they are over compensating the wrong way to playing it like every other game, then they play worse than any other game.

It sucks but they caught us at the right time the Solich/Callahan era. Pelini has not totally repaired things. It would have evened out if we played them for 20-30 years

Well even Solich beat them once. I don't know why we struggle so much against Texas. they are just another team. Go ask Texas A&M if it evened out. It never has for them.

The thing that really sucks is that the Whorns almost always just barely beats us——generally by a field goal or so. In most of our Big 12 loses to TU we made some boneheaded mistake at the end of the game to hand it to them. I hate Texas.

The thing that really sucks is that the Whorns almost always just barely beats us——generally by a field goal or so. In most of our Big 12 loses to TU we made some boneheaded mistake at the end of the game to hand it to them. I hate Texas.

I'm a bigger fan of scabies then I am of Texas.

Yet, somehow, I can't bring myself to dislike Mack Brown. I kind of like Mack Brown. :o

Should I be concerned?

I don't know anything about the psychology of these rivalries or big games. That's something to ask Dr. Tom.

However, it's not the first time we've been owned. Oklahoma beat us like 13/16 or something like that once.

Anyways, here's to having a shot at Texas in the BCS title game sometime while Mack Brown is still coaching, and having a team that can finally stick it to 'em.

Osborne was 5-12 against Switzer.

switzer was a cheater and resigned in disgrace...osborn 17-0 with vacated cheater wins

I don't know anything about the psychology of these rivalries or big games. That's something to ask Dr. Tom.

However, it's not the first time we've been owned. Oklahoma beat us like 13/16 or something like that once.

Anyways, here's to having a shot at Texas in the BCS title game sometime while Mack Brown is still coaching, and having a team that can finally stick it to 'em.

Osborne was 5-12 against Switzer.

switzer was a cheater and resigned in disgrace...osborn 17-0 with vacated cheater wins

Accusations aside, Osborne could've been 13-4 against Switzer when you factor in those eight games where OU came from behind in the 4th quarter to beat NU.

I'm a bigger fan of scabies then I am of Texas.

Yet, somehow, I can't bring myself to dislike Mack Brown. I kind of like Mack Brown. :o

Should I be concerned?

YES!!!

Why is that when Nebraska gets into these BIG GAME situations they always seem to shoot themselves in foot...A game that we truly wanted...a team that we wanted to beat so so bad... A game that was right there for the taking....but yet we were the ones that took it right in the arse!!! That needs to stop!!!!

bo talks about treating it just as another game. i think that overplaying the "it is just another game" angle gets in the players heads worse than treating it like the big game that it is. they need to be playing inspired, possessed for these big games, because they are different.

Yep should have worn the all reds!!