Bash Ron Franklin and his buddy thread

We obviously play too physical for these guys. Put leather helmets on to see how hard we would hit? Looked like a pretty legal hit by Martin to me, shoulder pad went into the chest. Guess i didnt know it was a rule to not have a beast like Martin on special teams.

Looked legal to me too on my shaky ESPN3.com video. They need to get themselves some tampons.

Last night on nfl network they showed the video put out by the nfl to players about these head shots, on the video was a hit by Ray lewis with a quote from goodell " this is a great player making a great play, does not lead with his head, puts his pads into the chest. this is what we're looking for" looked 100% identical to martin's hit. Now thenarse's hit that hurt david is just inexcusable. He just needs to worry about wrappin up as does the rest of the d.

Eric Martin's hit was completely LEGAL.

1). It was not helmet to helmet, it was shoulder pad to body - watch the replay

2). Niles Paul was behind Martin

3). The defender just didn't see it coming which is why he got KTFO

Keep up the good clean powerful hits guys!!

GO BIG RED

after watching the replay again, i odnt understand even why he supposedly didnt see it coming. He was looking right a paul who was right behind martin, so essentially martin had to be in his view.