Bash Ron Franklin and his buddy thread

These two guys are a couple of tools. I particularly liked the reference to the White Shirt Defence by "Richie Cunningham". These two were really biased against Nebraska. Cheered when Oki state scored a TD. Miss calls on their part. Sorry but These two suck A$s water. I hope they are not doing the game next week. The greatest fans in colege Football might have a message or two for them if they are at a restraunt eating and mingling in public. Here goes our Greatest fans in college football Hype. Go Big Red

The thing that people need to realize is the VAST majority of helmet shots are incidental. Everything happens so fast out there you can't always control what happens. A guy jumps higher than you think, you hit his head, a guy goes lower than you think and you hit his head.

There were DOZENS of helmet shots in that game, in every game, but they're barely ever mentioned unless a guy get's hurt. A guy happens to get hurt and all of a sudden the guy making the hit is a dirty player or a head hunter? That's BS. Go watch soccer if you can't handle it.

Finally, Martin's hit was clean and legal. The announcers were idiots.

Right, because no one get seriously hurt in soccer...

-----my point-----

-----your head-----

People get hurt playing golf. That doesn't make it a contact sport.

You are blocking on special teams, the ball is 20 yards away and your man has no chance of getting in on any tackle, but you plant him because you figure you won't get flagged. CHEAP Shot.

I can't tell where Niles is when EM does his thing, but if the OSU guy is out of the play and Martin hit him just because he figured he would not get flagged. Well, then, it may be legal enough, but it's a cheap shot by a coward. If the same hit is made as part of a wedge play to clear space for a runner, see QC against USC a few years back, well, then its just part of football.

Niles was on the 18 yard line and had not made the catch yet. The hit was around the 30 iirc and the OSU player was was VERY much in on the play and would have had a chance to affect the return if not make the tackle.

Martin made the hit, took the guy out of the play (i don't mean by injurying him but just by knocking him off his feet). because he took the guy out of the play so quickly he could then look around for someone else to block.

T E X T B O O K special teams block.

Not to mention, he didn't exactly blind side him. If you watch the video, the guy actually slows down and starts to plant his feet and raise his arms in anticipation of getting hit but by then its too late and he gets rocked.

Martin did exactly what special teams blockers are taught to do. Unfortunately a guy was hurt on the play. but guess what, its Football. What i want to know is, what should Martin have done in this situation that would have pleased the announcers? Not make the block and possibly not allow Niles to make the TD?

As for Martin's celebration- he makes the hit, turns around and celebrates. there is NO WAY he knows at this point that the player is injured. After that, he continues to look for more blocks on the play.

For them to whine about this legal hit and say nothing about the helmet hit on Tmart is pathetic.

Yeah I noticed the announcers had a bone to pick with Nebraska at a few points in the game.

I would rather have biased announcers than biased officials (as was the case last week against Texas). But speaking of, Nebraska got penalized on that play for apparent delay of game I believe. I was in the bar and couldn't hear everything that was going on, but how did they get delay of game penalty when they were waiting for the injured player to be removed from the field?

Ron "The Mouth" Franklin spent his early years as a sports broadcaster

in Texas, which could explain some of his obvious heartburn with the Huskers.

The rest might simply be bitterness at being exiled from prime time broadcasting

gigs to regional ESPN sports broadcasts.

Can you say "senile", "washed up" and "should be put out to pasteur"?

they were waiting for the injured player to be removed from the field?

That did crack me up. But I think someone threw the flag before they realized a player was injured. But it was funny that they were penalized for delay of game and then we had to wait 5 minutes for the guy to go to the sideline.