Bash Ron Franklin and his buddy thread

This is friggin football...ITS A PHYSICAL GAME!!! HELMET TO HELMET WILL HAPPEN....shouldn't get penalized for it...

The people in charge of the game, at both college and NFL, apparently disagree with you. They don't call minor, incidental contact.

The people in charge have never stepped foot on a football field. The people who actually play the game disagree with the people in charge. And yes they do call minor, incidental contact. They just did in this Oklahoma/Mizzou game.

By and large the people in charge are businessmen looking for ways to make it more of an offensive game. For TV ratings.

Last night on nfl network they showed the video put out by the nfl to players about these head shots, on the video was a hit by Ray lewis with a quote from goodell " this is a great player making a great play, does not lead with his head, puts his pads into the chest. this is what we're looking for" looked 100% identical to martin's hit. Now thenarse's hit that hurt david is just inexcusable. He just needs to worry about wrappin up as does the rest of the d.

I disagree, although I understand that it was unfortunate that his helmet his David, however Thenarse put his head OUT, IN FRONT OF the ball carrier...completely legal and was good placement of a tackle. He also needs to wrap up....but in terms of helmet placement it was text book when cutting off the ball carriers forward motion.

The thing that people need to realize is the VAST majority of helmet shots are incidental. Everything happens so fast out there you can't always control what happens. A guy jumps higher than you think, you hit his head, a guy goes lower than you think and you hit his head.

There were DOZENS of helmet shots in that game, in every game, but they're barely ever mentioned unless a guy get's hurt. A guy happens to get hurt and all of a sudden the guy making the hit is a dirty player or a head hunter? That's BS. Go watch soccer if you can't handle it.

Finally, Martin's hit was clean and legal. The announcers were idiots.

Right, because no one get seriously hurt in soccer...

The thing that people need to realize is the VAST majority of helmet shots are incidental. Everything happens so fast out there you can't always control what happens. A guy jumps higher than you think, you hit his head, a guy goes lower than you think and you hit his head.

There were DOZENS of helmet shots in that game, in every game, but they're barely ever mentioned unless a guy get's hurt. A guy happens to get hurt and all of a sudden the guy making the hit is a dirty player or a head hunter? That's BS. Go watch soccer if you can't handle it.

Finally, Martin's hit was clean and legal. The announcers were idiots.

Right, because no one get seriously hurt in soccer...

For every clip you can show of a legitimate injury in soccer I could find 1000 of some guy falling over and whining like a baby cause he got bumped.

I don't deny that, and I think it's disgusting, but you can argue the same thing about wide reciever quarterbacks punters and almost any other position on the feild. Believe it or not it's still a pretty physical game and it can be just as violent as football too.

Forget the nature of the hit....where was the ball and what was happening at the time. There is a certain code athletes should follow out of a mutual respect. And it goes like this. Pass goes over the middle, receiver jumps, but its out of his grasp, you are a defender within two steps and you blast the guy, not because you are breaking up the play, but because you figure you won't get flagged. CHEAP Shot. You are rushing the QB...ball is gone, but you are just a couple steps away so you try to break the guy in half because you figure you won't get flagged. CHEAP Shot. You are blocking on special teams, the ball is 20 yards away and your man has no chance of getting in on any tackle, but you plant him because you figure you won't get flagged. CHEAP Shot.

Here is a radical idea....when playing pass defense, try to play the ball and the man and then maybe you won't get beaten on the back shoulder fade...oh, and you won't be a cheap shot artist. Make hits that matter. Don't hit guys that are 20 yards away from the play. It's just senseless. Football is brutal enough without dishing out or taking needless abuse. And, trust me, it hurts the hitter as much as the hittee sometimes.

Lastly, tackle. If I had a nickle for every home run hit that turned into a touchdown run when the hit turned out to be a miss I would be a very rich man. Make sure tackles. Frustrate the offense. Make the hits be the late ones delivered by the opposition because you have them all screwed up.

I can't tell where Niles is when EM does his thing, but if the OSU guy is out of the play and Martin hit him just because he figured he would not get flagged. Well, then, it may be legal enough, but it's a cheap shot by a coward. If the same hit is made as part of a wedge play to clear space for a runner, see QC against USC a few years back, well, then its just part of football.

These guys were basically cheering for OSU all game, and at the end of the game they have the nerve to say "I guess this is a career day for Martinez". . .you guess? 5tds 0 picks. I mean c'mon.

They seriously had nothing positive to say about the huskers...i heard maaaaybe a comment or two....these punks should be fired!!! I was seriously irate with the commentating....pitiful....then bashing our fan base pretty much...wow....classless....get a new job buttmuncher

I'm glad I wasn't the only one irate at the announcers during those points in the game especially. He didn't go off on some crusade against helmet to helmet contact when the OSU guy did it to T-Mart (which was also damn near a late hit).

Yeah I noticed that!!! No love...whatsoever...I WAS THOROUGHLY PISSED WITH THE COMMENTATING...he went on and talked about it just for a minute...and then went on his way....kissing Okie's arse....

Yeah I was watching it wishing they'd put the guy in the booth in martin's path on a return.

They guy is running (jogging?) down the field watching the play. He just wasn't looking around to be aware of the situation and got caught off-guard. That's his own fault. It wasn't an illegal block.

Just like hockey players and boxers, you gotta protect yourself at all times. It is supposed to be a contact sport afterall. He wasn't doing that and got blasted.

Both should not be announcers for any of our games, double standard little twirps should be flogged at sea!

:troll:

Any OSU Fans reading this Post. Huskers Beat OSU with talent or no talent!

:corndance :corndance :corndance

:yeah

I am glad the OSU kid is ok. But they did mention the OSU player had back surgery. What kind of back surgery last year? and why is he playing football? These two nim-nuts do not know anything about medical issues!