Taylor's Passing Abilities

I'm not sure if this topic was started elsewhere and I happened to miss it, but I just wanted to comment on Taylor's throwing skills yesterday. I was really impressed with how he showed the critics that he does know how to be a complete dual-threat QB. I thought his passes looked pretty crisp yesterday, and he showed he is not just a rushing QB.

Great game Taylor! Keep it up (ESPECIALLY this weekend)!!!! :clap:clap:clap:clap

That's debatable... Zac Taylor was pretty legit, and let's not forget Joey Ganz. And of course, Sam Keller. :facepalm:

But, honestly, I can't comment at this point in his career, but if Tay Mart can consistently throw like he did yesterday, he'll definitely be the most COMPLETE QB Wats has ever coached.

I agree, if his passing can be as good as his running...................man the Huskers have something special with this one. Just thinking about the possibilities is insane............

That's debatable... Zac Taylor was pretty legit, and let's not forget Joey Ganz. And of course, Sam Keller. :facepalm:

But, honestly, I can't comment at this point in his career, but if Tay Mart can consistently throw like he did yesterday, he'll definitely be the most COMPLETE QB Wats has ever coached.

Watson's words, not mine.

Best passer Watson has ever been around.

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

He had a pretty good day passing, but I'd argue our receivers had a pretty huge day at catching some bad passes. We can't rely on that every game, so I'm hoping he can improve at doing things like leading the receivers.

He had a pretty good day passing, but I'd argue our receivers had a pretty huge day at catching some bad passes. We can't rely on that every game, so I'm hoping he can improve at doing things like leading the receivers.

This is very true. The WR core seemed to be playing really sharp as well. I would just love to see our offense continue to put these types of games on the field each week.

Let's make a pact here...............no mention EVER of Sam Keller in reference to the likes of Zac Taylor or Joe Ganz. Those guys, Taylor and Ganz, are studs and played their hearts out, people who gained the respect of everyone in the program. Remember Taylor getting the snot kicked out of him because we didn't have an O-line - he kept playing and kept playing and getting up time after time after no blocking support. Same with Ganz - he made up for areas where the team couldn't support him. Joe Ganz was a bright light in the funk.

T-Magic sure looks like he is making his own way to date. The kid has game! I bet T-Magic has earned the respect of Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz!

Keller played because his Daddy had pictures on "he who shall not be mentioned"......

GBR

RR

I'm glad that Martinez had a good passing performance against the 115th ranked pass defense. Now to build on that.

:yeah

I will say, though, that Taylor had some really nice touch on some big passes. That ball he threw to McNeill during the crucial last drive of the second quarter was a thing of beauty; there were a couple of Okies in the vicinity but he dropped that ball into Mike with an anticipatory, deft little touch, and that drive was absolutely critical. If Taylor can establish himself as a legitimate passing threat, he becomes kind of off the charts dangerous, because we all know that kid can straight fly.

I'd argue that several passes from Tmart hit our wrs right in the their hands yet they still dropped it vs Texas. They did vs Okie Lite too. A wr is SUPPOSED to catch the ball when it's close to him. If only "perfect" passes were caught no one would have a passing game as even T. Brady, D, Marino, J. Namath, etc in their prime never threw nothing but perfect balls. Jeeesh...

Due to the wrs deciding to catch the ball vs Okie Lite Tmart had over 300 yds & 5 TDs throwing the ball. "And" over 100 yds rushing the ball. What the hell else do you want?

Let's make a pact here...............no mention EVER of Sam Keller in reference to the likes of Zac Taylor or Joe Ganz. Those guys, Taylor and Ganz, are studs and played their hearts out, people who gained the respect of everyone in the program. Remember Taylor getting the snot kicked out of him because we didn't have an O-line - he kept playing and kept playing and getting up time after time after no blocking support. Same with Ganz - he made up for areas where the team couldn't support him. Joe Ganz was a bright light in the funk.

T-Magic sure looks like he is making his own way to date. The kid has game! I bet T-Magic has earned the respect of Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz!

Keller played because his Daddy had pictures on "he who shall not be mentioned"......

GBR

RR

sam and cally belonged together,they were garbage..Ped was too.

Could be the best passer Wats has been around, but isn't there yet.

As was mentioned, that was a poor pass D so he should be able to have a good day. Hell he had 1 or 2 that should have been picked off. Their D makes those plays and this thread doesn't exist and we likely lose the game.

And the comment about WR's having the better game is ridiculous... they did what they were SUPPOSED to do. They caught balls that hit them in the hands (and even dropped a couple). It just seemed like they had a great game because we rarely see something like that happen.

He shows promise but still lacks in consistency and makes poor decision... both things that are typical of a freshman. He has nowhere to go but up.