Nebraska Opens as 6 Point Favorite

Mizzou fans everywhere probably read that and literally crapped a brick.

actually i think we are used to it. Just like how 3/4's of the national media said OU would go for "style points" or that MU would have to "show them" then right after the game started talking about how OU just wasnt that good and MU is just a good team who would get stomped by the elites.

actually i think we are used to it. Just like how 3/4's of the national media said OU would go for "style points" or that MU would have to "show them" then right after the game started talking about how OU just wasnt that good and MU is just a good team who would get stomped by the elites.

i do not think OU is that good, but i think they are up there with the elite. the field is just weak. i do respect MU and think NU and MU are at the same level. the national media is fickle and only really care about 2 or 3 teams outside of the SEC, michigan, and notre dame.

The thing I like about this game is the matchups, we matchup VERY well against MU. This whole D has been assembled to stop the spread, flat out. It'll be tough for MU to get up to a very high level two weeks in a row, it's tough to do. Also, MU's D has been great at keeping opponents out of the endzone, but they have given up plenty of yards and our offense excels at scoring from outside the red zone.

If Watson doesn't get in the way of himself in calling the game this weekend, I think MU will have a VERY hard time stopping our O and I like our chances against their short passing game and their tendency to abandon the run when down, it plays right into our strengths. Should be a very good game, but I REALLY like the matchups in this game.

i do not think OU is that good, but i think they are up there with the elite. the field is just weak. i do respect MU and think NU and MU are at the same level. the national media is fickle and only really care about 2 or 3 teams outside of the SEC, michigan, and notre dame.

oh i know. I sometimes laugh when people here think ESPN and others are out to get you. hell, atleast they are talking about you. LOL. MU couldnt get any love in 07, people woundnt shut up about us in 08, we were going to be awful in 09 and this year im not sure if any of them know what to think. :)

oh i know. I sometimes laugh when people here think ESPN and others are out to get you. hell, atleast they are talking about you. LOL. MU couldnt get any love in 07, people woundnt shut up about us in 08, we were going to be awful in 09 and this year im not sure if any of them know what to think. :)

yeah, i would not say espn is out to get anyone, they are just lazy. but winning helps, winning cures all.

here is a question, would you say gabbert has the potential to be better than daniels? he seems to be an incredible passer, and not bad on the run.

this year im not sure if any of them know what to think.

I think this is why we won't see a lot of huge threads with a gazillion stats this year, compared to last year. Last year we had each played four games before we met. This year we've both played enough games to have seen brilliance and ignorance on both sides of the ball.

I doubt either team or fan base will realistically come into this game thinking it's a sure win. Realistically, both teams could win, and I wouldn't be surprised at a shootout, a defensive struggle, something in between, or either team blowing the other out.