JOEY

Possibility of Meeting OSU in Big XII CCG?

I have noticed that nobody has been talking about it,and I think that there is a good chance that we might end up playing them again if we handle Missouri.I think that OSU will win out and that it will come down to the Bedlem game. I would like to see Blackmon have a not so pleasant visit to prince island next time around.

Looking like the winner of bedlam will be our opponent unless Baylor can beat some tuff south match ups.

Yeah it's pretty much going to be a living hell coming up for Baylor.

Oct. 30 at Texas 6:00pm

Nov. 6 at OK State TBA

Nov. 13 Texas A&M TBA

Nov. 20 Oklahoma TBA

Baylor, Texas and OU are standing in Okie's way...they could beat all 3 of those times...and we may very well see them again. DAMN...their offense is crazy...

it isn't a given that we will be there. most teams have played only 3 games so far right? so really you can't much rule anybody out at this point.

it isn't a given that we will be there. most teams have played only 3 games so far right? so really you can't much rule anybody out at this point.

Yeah that is true but It looks like it will come down to OSU and OU in the South so I highly doubt that Baylor or Texas will be able to make it.It looks like NU vs MU and OSU vs OU are almost like playoff games.

We haven't beaten OU & UT in the same year since '97, which is the last time we beat UT. Our last win against OU was in 2002. While I would love to see you all again in the CCG, I just don't see us winning out. And if we do by some chance make it, I shudder to think what Martinez will do for an encore.

We haven't beaten OU & UT in the same year since '97, which is the last time we beat UT. Our last win against OU was in 2002. While I would love to see you all again in the CCG, I just don't see us winning out. And if we do by some chance make it, I shudder to think what Martinez will do for an encore.

I believe your team has a chance. Okie St.'s offense is pretty stellar...to say the least.

Baylor is leading the South right now, and if they make a few more plays against TT, they are undefeated in Conference now. Long ways to go, the only team that is out of it right now is A&M IMO.

I think we have a better chance at seeing Oklahoma St. in the Big XII CCG.

Oklahoma's only real tests left are Texas A & M. They also have Texas Tech left. Oklahoma St. still plays at Texas (I think they demolish the Longhorns) and then November 27th against Oklahoma at home. I think they win that one also.

I think we have a better chance at seeing Oklahoma St. in the Big XII CCG.

Oklahoma's only real tests left are Texas A & M. They also have Texas Tech left. Oklahoma St. still plays at Texas (I think they demolish the Longhorns) and then November 27th against Oklahoma at home. I think they win that one also.

If you guys end up in the CCG against Okie St., then it will probably be because you won this weekend. If both those things happen then I will be the biggest NE fan. If you all win the CCG then MU would still have a chance at 11-1 to back their way into a BCS bowl (See KU 2007).

(See KU 2007).

I don't get the reference. What happened to Kansas in 2007?

KU backed into the Orange Bowl after they lost to MU head to head and MU lost to OU in the title game. I hate Mizzou, but that was a hose job.

(See KU 2007).

KU backed into the Orange Bowl after they lost to MU head to head and MU lost to OU in the title game. I hate Mizzou, but that was a hose job.

You were supposed to let him answer that. I know very well what happened in 2007. ;)

I haven't thought about it and god help us if it happens. They have one hell of an offense and I was seriously impressed with them. If they had a decent defense they'd be a Top 10 team easily.

(See KU 2007).

You were supposed to let him answer that. I know very well what happened in 2007. ;)

HA! Thanks for saving me the humiliation DJ.

OSU will beat Texas, baylor and OU will be great games and decide who will win the south. I would even say Baylor has a shot to go to CCG. It is basically a 3 way race in the south and a duel in the north.

You ppl. do realize that MU has to lose another game if we beat them, we have 2 losses, unless I have missed something , I do drink alot.

You must drink alot.... Nebraska beats Mizzou both would be at 3-1 in the conference and Nebraska would hold the tiebreaker. We lose and essentially we are 3 games behind them because they would have the tiebreaker, head to head.

is it just me or has the north/south possibly switched roles this year?

yep. The roles have been changed! And I like it! hehe

Exactly. Why don't you guys stick around a few more years and we'll create a North rivalry that actually means something.

You ppl. do realize that MU has to lose another game if we beat them, we have 2 losses, unless I have missed something , I do drink alot.

i am really hoping that is sarcasm, and you really know what is going on.

is it just me or has the north/south possibly switched roles this year?

yep. The roles have been changed! And I like it! hehe

Exactly. Why don't you guys stick around a few more years and we'll create a North rivalry that actually means something.

you have no idea how much i wanted that. i really wanted mizzou to be the texas to our oklahoma. and then whoever represented the north would be able to compete with the south. i think it would have happened in a couple of year. NU is on the way back, and mizzou always has a decent program with the chance at being great. we have developed quite a little rivalry. only reason i regret leaving the big 12. i kind of wished mizzou would have came to the big 10 with us.

(See KU 2007).

LOL, I fail.

I'm an idiot, didn't see you were an OSU fan.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no team from the Big 12 finishes undefeated. Even if Mizzou beats us, I'm not sold on the fact that they can beat OU again. I'm also not convinced that the North is better than the South. This will be decided at the end of the season. I'm still waiting for Auburn to lose to Bama and Oregon to lose to someone to see if the BCS has the cajones to put TCU and/or Boise State in the title game.

To answer the OP, I'm more worried about Mizzou and then the next handful of games then I am concerned about a possible CCG opponent. Remember, the MNC talk before the Whorns served us (another) slice of humble pie?

I have noticed that nobody has been talking about it,and I think that there is a good chance that we might end up playing them again if we handle Missouri.I think that OSU will win out and that it will come down to the Bedlem game. I would like to see Blackmon have a not so pleasant visit to prince island next time around.

I would like to see if/how long Blackmon is suspended for his DUI.