Niles Paul

Through the game on Saturday Niles Paul has now moved up to #5 on the career All Purpose Yardage list. He trails only Marlon Lucky, Ahman Green, Johnny Rodgers, and Mike Rozier. With 484 more yards he will pass Lucky and with 550 yards he will pass Green. Currently he has 3730 yards and that is with basically a throw away season in 2007. His career Per Touch average is a NU record besting Johnny Rodgers by almost 3 yards per touch (13.76 – 16.50) :blink: . He has done this on 226 touches which is by far the least amount of touches for anyone in the Top 10 let alone the Top 5 (next lowest is Josh Davis at 307). His single game total against OSU of 274 is good enough for 5th All Time as well (yards per touch 22.83 would have been a record but the min attempts is 15). He also jumped up to #2 All Time in Kickoff Return Yardage and is the only player in NU history to return 2 Kickoffs for Touchdowns in their career.

1. Johnny Rodgers 5586 yards on 406 attempts

2. Mike Rozier 5445 yards on 708 attempts

3. Ahman Green 4280 yards on 574 attempts

4. Marlon Lucky 4214 yards on 521 attempts

5. Niles Paul 3730 yards on 226 attempts

What does any of this mean? :dunno Who knows but I just figured since this young man gets so much negative crap thrown around on here it would be alright to throw out something positive for a change. :bonez

This is why you cannot ever bench Niles Paul. For all the realistic gripes that we can mention about him, the guy has the potential to be a game-changer. There isn't a play he's involved in that he cannot score on.

I have been saying this all year, he has the potential to break every play he is involved in. I think some of his errors are able to be blamed on that exact thing, he is thinking 3 or 4 steps ahead and not concentrating on ball security. A little other information, he is only 21 by a few months, he started school at barely 5 years old and graduated at 17. Think if he would have been held one more year and redshirted. He would be a redshirt Sophomore right now.

Chew on that for a second...

Redemption

He took some abuse. Going after his family was very uncalled for.

Last week, after his crucial drops in a 20-13 loss to Texas, Paul said fans heckled his family as they walked from Memorial Stadium to his car. He later took abuse from people at a fast-food restaurant, then took down his Facebook profile after it was flooded with postings.

http://www.kearneyhub.com/sports/huskers/article_e674e39e-e051-11df-ab45-001cc4c002e0.html

Good Post. Too bad to hear the quote unquote "best fans in college football" followed Niles Paul to his car after the game and verbally taunted him for playing poorly. At least that's according to a radio guy in Kansas City. I sure hope that wasn't the case. But if so, real classy Husker Nation.

Aren't you the same guy who's been coming here for years shooting his mouth off, making wagers, then slinking off into oblivion when you lose? Who are you to talk to anyone here about class?

A few hundred of your brethren followed Husker fans to their cars and berated them unmercifully when you guys lit us up for 76 points a couple of years back. I suppose you'd agree that this behavior is representative of all Jayhawk fans, right?

Get a clue. :facepalm:

Good Post. Too bad to hear the quote unquote "best fans in college football" followed Niles Paul to his car after the game and verbally taunted him for playing poorly. At least that's according to a radio guy in Kansas City. I sure hope that wasn't the case. But if so, real classy Husker Nation.

Aren't you the same guy who's been coming here for years shooting his mouth off, making wagers, then slinking off into oblivion when you lose? Who are you to talk to anyone here about class?

A few hundred of your brethren followed Husker fans to their cars and berated them unmercifully when you guys lit us up for 76 points a couple of years back. I suppose you'd agree that this behavior is representative of all Jayhawk fans, right?

Get a clue. :facepalm:

to be fair, there are only like 76 jayhawk football fans. so when we have a dozen or so rotten eggs, it is a small portion. when they have a dozen or so bad eggs, that is like over half their fan base.

Niles Paul is a stud, no question. However he is also a huge liability. He makes great moves as a receiver, however he also has problems HOLDING ONTO THE BALL! Whether that's dropping passes, punts, or fumbling it. If he would correct those issues, he would be amongst the greatest.

I love his YACatch and YAContact though. He does a great job of making defenders miss and breaking tackles.

Niles Paul is a stud, no question. However he is also a huge liability. He makes great moves as a receiver, however he also has problems HOLDING ONTO THE BALL! Whether that's dropping passes, punts, or fumbling it. If he would correct those issues, he would be amongst the greatest.

I love his YACatch and YAContact though. He does a great job of making defenders miss and breaking tackles.

I agree with this. Glad to see Niles have a HUGE game last week when we needed it. And take one to the house, goal to goal. When Niles is good, he is really GOOD!

I agree that paul's problem, I believe, can be attributed to thinking ahead of himself a little too much..ie fumled snap, a couple dropped passes. Sure, bone-headed, but you can't say he doesn't give effort. I called him out after the texas game in another thread in pure frustration with that game, I'll admit, but he's still a stud. I feel for the kid being pissed off at fans, that was a low blow from some fringe husker "fans". Hopefully he keeps his hands around the ball and lets those legs go somemore.