Tigerboard

Ratt Mhule

I kept searching the internet because I found it hard to believe that Tigerboard is the main fan message board. That site is a piece of crap, and none of the posts have any legit stats to back-up some really outrageous claims. I really dislike Mizzou, and can't wait to see the Big Red send them back to Columbia with their tails between their legs. When the Big 12 implodes, hopefully they go to some crap non-AQ conference, like the WAC. GBR

post-8859-020790900 1288161112.jpg

Really though, who cares? It's Missouri, what did you expect them to act like? Even with a loss we walk away from an occasionally boring, occasionally interesting and occasionally heated series with a 64-37-3 advantage... and Missouri won't play for the national title, this year or any other. They shot their wad in '97.

JTrain, this is one of the things that gets MU fans hyped. Nebraska has a great program, with great tradition, with multiple national titles, multiple Heisman winners.. great great historic wins..

And you know what? Most of the Athletes on Missouri and Nebraska were not even born during most of those Nebraska Wins.

History means very little when it comes to the matchup Saturday, it just doesn't. Just as Missouri's big win last week against OU means nothing, "cum Satday" (small keith jackson reference)

Yes I agree, Tigerboard is a very poor place to go to talk football.. that is why many Tiger fans are here.. to talk about a great upcoming game and to enjoy the great sport of college football.

I guess you can call me a troll now b/c I went to go see what Mizzou fans think about the game. I'm not going to post anything over there, I just wanted to see what opposing fans think about game.

From what I've seen over there, it is much like what we were saying week of UT game. So many people talking about how much they hate NU (sound familiar?), they will beat us into the ground on our way out of the Big 12, they are legit NC contenders (yes, some of their fans have actually said this), their defense is so good and they will stop Martinez and he will be pulled before the 4th quarter, this is our Super Bowl and we will blow it (even tho everyone knew UT was the game we wanted), TT will be a trap game after they blow us out, etc.

Even something about us changing our pregame routine and Carl Pelini saying they are a run first team is disrespectful to them. Also, their OC was quoted as saying they've been watching NU film and preparing since summer (no, its not Tim Beck). I mean seriously, it sounds like us during UT week. So many people here, including myself were drinking the :koolaid2: and we got our butts kicked and ate a lot of crow. Once this week is over, they will go into full meltdown mode and I will love every min. of it. Excluding the respectful Tiger posters here. It seriously reminded me of shaggybevo II. No intelligent football talk, just insults directed at inbred, cornholer, nubsuckers fans. I didn't want to make a prediction about this game b/c I can see it going both ways, but Im going too anyways. Im going to quote Jason Peter Sunday night on sports sound off: "We will beat MU b/c we are f***ing NU and they are MU." Nuff said. (Okay, he didn't say the f***ing part, but you get the point.)

GBR! Shut the Tigers up!

There are knuckleheads everywhere, the vast majority of Tiger fans, are more than concerned about this game and know Missouri will have to play one hell of a game to have a chance to win. Most of those people are just morons who wouldn't know the game of football even if it hit them in the head. All fan bases have them, I don't care what the team is... you just have to ignore those, and not lump in all with the few.

JTrain, this is one of the things that gets MU fans hyped. Nebraska has a great program, with great tradition, with multiple national titles, multiple Heisman winners.. great great historic wins..

And you know what? Most of the Athletes on Missouri and Nebraska were not even born during most of those Nebraska Wins.

Most of these athletes weren't born? Nebraska's last National Title was only 13 years ago. They played for the BCS NC 9 years ago. Most of these guys were born in the late 80's to early 90's, and since then, Nebraska has played in a National Title deciding game 5 times and has won it 3 times. Also since then, Tommie Frazier and Ndamukong Suh were both Heisman finalists and Eric Crouch won the Heisman.

We have more realists on this board than :koolaid2: drinkers. Read the threads, most don't even give a prediction b/c NU fans do not know what type of performance this team will show. Concerns about the d-line, our WR's and having a freshman QB are reasons for concern. Go on that board and all you see is we will pound the cornholers. Our defense is so great, we will win out and play for the NC. At least give some informative opinions on the game before you predict a 52-10 MU win. The posters here who have predicted 2 TD win give informative answers as to why they think NU will win by that amount, not blind predictions like the threads on that board do. We accept good insight from Tiger fans on this board. We don't tell you to "shut up you inbred" like a few posters on that board suggest. And yes, I read the article on changing our pregame routine, but please enlighten me as to how that is disrespectful to MU?

And read my post again, I said the game can go either way but I will QUOTE Jason Peter as to why I think we will win. It was a blind prediction just like most on Tigerboard are making. Do you actually think I beleive this is the reason we will win? Those sort of predictions do sound ridiculous, don't they? My point exactly, if Tiger fans are going to predict a blowout and why they will win the NC, give valid arguments without resorting to insults...

Way to make sweeping generalizations:

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8017488 (many responses indicating that, not only is NU NOT overrated, they are very good)

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8017284 (discussion re: stopping Martinez and how good he is)

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8017242 (warning not to underestimate NU)

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8017071 (NE will not be a cakewalk)

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8016910 (injury discussion)

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8016901 (NU fan assuming victory Saturday)

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8016708 (NU fan telling us we belong in the MWC)

See, as much as you hate to admit it, our fans (and our message boards) are more alike than they are different.

Most of these athletes weren't born? Nebraska's last National Title was only 13 years ago. They played for the BCS NC 9 years ago. Most of these guys were born in the late 80's to early 90's, and since then, Nebraska has played in a National Title deciding game 5 times and has won it 3 times. Also since then, Tommie Frazier and Ndamukong Suh were both Heisman finalists and Eric Crouch won the Heisman.

Not saying all wins.. just most...lol.. easy Lenberg, I see your point.

We have more realists on this board than :koolaid2: drinkers. Read the threads, most don't even give a prediction b/c NU fans do not know what type of performance this team will show. Concerns about the d-line, our WR's and having a freshman QB are reasons for concern. Go on that board and all you see is we will pound the cornholers. Our defense is so great, we will win out and play for the NC. At least give some informative opinions on the game before you predict a 52-10 MU win. The posters here who have predicted 2 TD win give informative answers as to why they think NU will win by that amount, not blind predictions like the threads on that board do. We accept good insight from Tiger fans on this board. We don't tell you to "shut up you inbred" like a few posters on that board suggest. And yes, I read the article on changing our pregame routine, but please enlighten me as to how that is disrespectful to MU?

And read my post again, I said the game can go either way but I will QUOTE Jason Peter as to why I think we will win. It was a blind prediction just like most on Tigerboard are making. Do you actually think I beleive this is the reason we will win? Those sort of predictions do sound ridiculous, don't they? My point exactly, if Tiger fans are going to predict a blowout and why they will win the NC, give valid arguments without resorting to insults...

Way to make sweeping generalizations:

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8017488 (many responses indicating that, not only is NU NOT overrated, they are very good)

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8017284 (discussion re: stopping Martinez and how good he is)

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8017242 (warning not to underestimate NU)

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8017071 (NE will not be a cakewalk)

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8016910 (injury discussion)

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8016901 (NU fan assuming victory Saturday)

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8016708 (NU fan telling us we belong in the MWC)

See, as much as you hate to admit it, our fans (and our message boards) are more alike than they are different.

Fail to recognize the TigerBoard trash comment, thanks.

Find me ONE Tiger fan that has EVER been banned following a mizzou win over nebraska simply because mizzou won... now, go find how often that has happened on TigerBoard.. Hell, i couldn't even register last year because I put Nebraska as my team. Very, VERY mature site. Why would anyone even want to be on that trash? I'd rather sit and talk on an opposing board than be on something that is as trashy as tiger board.

Wait.. the same TigerBoard that was in meltdown mode during the San Diego St game? The same one with posters congratulating Nebraska on the Big 12 North title after the washington game? Hmm.. Fickle.

No meltdown here after the UT game?

Fans are the same everywhere. And they all think they are the best and everyone else sucks. These arguments are ridiculous. You see the exact same crap on every single sports message board out there.

Yes, I will be going out of my way this weekend to find Missouri license plates and make sure to slash tires. Maybe even go to a gas station and purchase some batteries. Not to use for any electronic device, but to throw at Mizzou fans for having the audacity to travel to OUR state and sit in OUR stadium and cheer for the opposing team. I will make sure to drink a lot too so I can fill up some piss balloons :sarcasm ...get real. We may have high expectations as fans and some fans may find us arrogant and cocky and that may be true. But when an opposing fan travels to Lincoln, they do not feel threatened. Welcomed more than anything. Can't say the same about Columbia and Boulder...

Way to compare yourself, one person, to your perception of an entire fanbase. Are you really failing to understand that he's referring to fan bases as a cohesive whole being generally similar to each other? Individual people aren't the same as any other individual people, but there are plenty of great Missouri fans, plenty of great Nebraska fans and plenty of dirtbags that will vandalize property on each side. Get over yourself.

Wait.. the same TigerBoard that was in meltdown mode during the San Diego St game? The same one with posters congratulating Nebraska on the Big 12 North title after the washington game? Hmm.. Fickle.

No meltdown here after the UT game?

Fans are the same everywhere. And they all think they are the best and everyone else sucks. These arguments are ridiculous. You see the exact same crap on every single sports message board out there.

Yes, I will be going out of my way this weekend to find Missouri license plates and make sure to slash tires. Maybe even go to a gas station and purchase some batteries. Not to use for any electronic device, but to throw at Mizzou fans for having the audacity to travel to OUR state and sit in OUR stadium and cheer for the opposing team. I will make sure to drink a lot too so I can fill up some piss balloons :sarcasm ...get real. We may have high expectations as fans and some fans may find us arrogant and cocky and that may be true. But when an opposing fan travels to Lincoln, they do not feel threatened. Welcomed more than anything. Can't say the same about Columbia and Boulder...

Way to compare yourself, one person, to your perception of an entire fanbase. Are you really failing to understand that he's referring to fan bases as a cohesive whole being generally similar to each other? Individual people aren't the same as any other individual people, but there are plenty of great Missouri fans, plenty of great Nebraska fans and plenty of dirtbags that will vandalize property on each side. Get over yourself.

Okay, I will. Thanks pal! :thumbs

This thread was just started and all I got to say is :facepalm:

Logical reasons why MU can win and win big

1) Texas shut down Martinez by using their DEs as spies. obviously MU's DEs are fast and a strength of the D. If Martinez gets frustrated, it will be a long day for Nebraska

2) Nebraska's defense has shown vulnerability to the pass in the middle and to the spread offense in general.

3) If Mizzou gets up early the boo birds will come out and Nebraska loses any home field advantage. In fact, the home field will work against the Huskers.

I think Mizzou will win a close game, but a big win would not surprise me.

I agree with number one, but when have we shown a vulnerability to the pass over the middle? And when have we ever boo'd besides booing the UT player for slowing down the game and during Callahan era?