Big 12 suspends Eric Martin for one game

Nexus

i lol'd at your 'exhaustive research of one website'.

thanks, that makes sense.

same to you wchusker.

If you only read the first article about this that I had, it explains it pretty well. Otherwise, it's really easy for it for it to do nothing but confuse the crap out of you. DUI vs. DWI in Texas mean entirely different things-it really is just semantics.

Knapp has a problem with me, and the other guy who went on and on about the hit. Oh well, not sure why he thinks I'm happy about it, I just suspected that it was coming.

I don't know what state that DUI is in, but in Nebraska there is only DUI's. Also a DUI is not comparable to a traffic ticket. A traffic ticket is a traffic violation (not even a class V misdemeanor). DUI's have there own class, Class W, which has a lesser Max punishment then a Class III misdemeanor, however has a mandatory minimum of 7 days in jail.

Comparing a DUI to a traffic ticket is like comparing a 100 dollar fine to jail time.

On topic: I have a few questions about the hit. It appears he is trying to lead with his shoulders, however it also seems there is helmet contact. Now if he gets flagged for this play, would have have gotten suspended?

I would agree that the suspension is unwarranted, however this isn't the NFL, so he can't be "fined" for the hit. I guess the decision has been made and no use crying over spilled milk. And as far as conspiracy goes, my only comment is that just because there intentions may have not been to harm Nebraska's personnel for a big game, doesn't mean that the decision to suspend him wasn't easier to make because of the circumstances, even if subconsciously.

Take one guess on who the happiest Husker fan was when Martin's suspension was announced.

Look dikhead, I knew that it was a very good possibility given the recent outrage over any headshots. If you look at my original post, all I was doing was asking a question.

My gut told me that there was a pretty good chance that it was coming, and yes-he put the top of his helmet into the lower left side of the OSU players' facemask & that snappen his head back in a nasty way. It probably should have been flagged. Suspension? Uhhhhh, maybe-maybe not. Tough call.

You're just butthurt because your know it all attitude got beat down by the Big Texasss's decision.

Not a very smart post, sir.

Not a very smart post, sir.

I tell it like I see it. If I'm gone, I'm gone.

It isnt so much the opinon but the personal insult. Not telling you what to do but you could take out the personal insult and still tell it like you see it. You don't seem to be bothered much by the threat of a ban but if you like posting on the board you should probably remove the insult and keep the context of the message.

It was a helmet to helmet contact. Guys, after that player got paralyzed everyone is on edge about the bad hits. No one wants to see a young kid cut down in the prime of his life buy some dumb hit in a football game. Yes it is a physical sport but leading with your head which exerts all the force from your body weight is a bad bad hit. If he gets suspended for one game so be it. But please dont say it wasnt helmet to helmet because it was.

My biggest thing after watching the video and reading what others are saying. He hit him hard enough to snap his head back and make the guy bounce twice on the ground. There looking to avoid hits like this. NOt saying it was dirty, not saying he did it on purpose. But it was a hard hit to a guy who might not of saw it coming. The suspension might not be waranted but as its been said. Someone needs to be made an example of and i guess our guy is it.

But please dont say it wasnt helmet to helmet because it was.

Agree here. I thought it wasn't helmet to helmt until someone posted a video from a different angle in another thread. There's no question that it was helmet to helmet. But there is also no question that if you suspend one player for that type of hit, you should suspend another. Especially if they happen in the same game.

what a joke huskers are getting suspended for hitting people too hard on the field. while Okie receivers are getting dewies and attending pro football games(probably given tickets by an agent) a clear NCAA violation. Beebe is a joke and im glad we are leaving the Big 12 because it will go downhill once Nebraska leaves. Big twelve north has been fading for years and once nebraska leaves it almost non existent. Good luck big twelve you will turn into the Big east very soon.

Not exactly correct, Martin suspended for illegal helmet to helmet contact. This is a point of emphasis on every level of football. Martin, in the Big12's opinion, used his helmet illegally on an offensive player, considered to be in a vulnerable position, therefore he was subject to league discipline.

I wouldn't try to correlate the Blackmon and Martin issues, not apples and apples.

I can understand the frustration of NU fans

We all know that Beebe wasn't man enough to personally call Pelini and inform him of his decision to suspend Martin. The funny thing is, Beebe actually played football in college (albeit in Walla Walla Washington), so you would think that he knows as well as anyone else about legal/illegal football hits.

It's not as though I needed another reason for why I want NU to win the Big 12 Championship, but the image of Assclown Beebe having to hand Pelini the trophy would be priceless!

Exactly, let's lay waste to the rest of the teams on the schedule, then walk off with that trophy into the sunset.