Legacy recruits

Do we have any legacy recruits for next year? I think the kids of past players, no matter where they are, will be a great resource going forward... I know minter has been mentioned, who else is out there? Also, I appreciate all the time and efforts you guys put into covering recruiting...it is always a great read and my number 1 source for information! Nice work and keep it up!

Yes we do. Tyler Moore from Clearwater, Florida will start his Husker career in January 2011 as an early enrollee. His parents met and graduated from NU back in the mid-80's. His dad Brian Moore played TE for Coach Osborne during that time. His uncle is also former NU QB Vince Ferragamo.

As for Mike Minter's son, he's currently a sophomore in high school so it'll be a couple years yet before he can play college ball. Whether we offer him or not remains to be seen, but he did camp at NU last summer.

There were two NU legacy prospects that didn't receive offers from the 2011 class though. Jacob Welter and Dylan Wynn. Welter will play for Frank Solich at Ohio while Wynn will play for Oregon State next year. The staff obviously has their reasons for not offering those guys, but that's why they get paid the big bucks and I'm okay with that.

I know most already knew this, but the most recent Moore we had at school was pretty decent too... Jay Moore was part of a pretty studly DE duo along with Adam Carriker back in the early NU Dark Ages (aka Callahan years).

Yeah, I forgot to mention that Tyler & Jay are cousins too.