What will this game mean 10 years from now?

If Nebraska wins tomorrow I believe this game becomes somewhat forgettable. Nebraska will have bragging rights over MU, which they have always had anyway. Nebraska almost certainly goes to the CCG which will be a great transition statement. However, overtime I don't think people will remember beating MU as the key that got NE into the CCG.

If Nebraska loses, this game will be remembered forever. MU will not let you forget. The BIG12 will not let you forget. Nebraska's entire motivation for leaving the BIG12 will be put in doubt. People will say you left because you couldn't win the conference anymore. Missouri had won the North 3 of last 4 years. Nebraska had only been to the CCG twice in the last decade and had lost both times. It was becoming increasingly obvious that NE was MU's b*tch. Etc, etc. Of course that is all hyperbole.....but it will be said and it will be said often.

Just some food for thought. No pressure tomorrow guys.

In ten years we're going to care about this game about as much as we do the 2000 Missouri game. What was the score in that one? Yeah, I can't remember either.

We'll have made ten years of memories in the Big 10, Missouri might be in the Mountain West conference, and there will be no reason for Nebraska/Missouri fans to interact ever again.

I think the KC media is really doing their best to overhype this game much like they did the ksu game. Ol' Kevin Dbag gets on the air and rags on nebraska and their fans for years of built up jealousy... it's true though that nobody will care unless something freakish happens like Martinez throws for 500 yards and runs for 250. Then we'll remember and maybe the odd fan here and there. Missouri wins they're off to the CCG. We win and we still have to win out.

We'll have made ten years of memories in the Big 10, Missouri might be in the Mountain West conference, and there will be no reason for Nebraska/Missouri fans to interact ever again.

You are the second person on this thread to say that Husker and Tigers fans will disolve all relations after this game. Are you from some really small town in Nebraska? I live in Shawnee, KS. I know a dozen NE fans personally. Co-workers, neighbors, my wife's best friend. I'm not going to talk to them about CFB anymore? Well, I guess that could be the case if MU loses. <_< My next door neighbor is a Hawkeye, I talk to him about CFB all the time even though our teams are in different conferences.

I think the KC media is really doing their best to overhype this game much like they did the ksu game. Ol' Kevin Dbag gets on the air and rags on nebraska and their fans for years of built up jealousy... it's true though that nobody will care unless something freakish happens like Martinez throws for 500 yards and runs for 250. Then we'll remember and maybe the odd fan here and there. Missouri wins they're off to the CCG. We win and we still have to win out.

I second that. what an absolute tool, I wont listen to him anymore.Listening to him you would think CornNation started the middle east conflict. he hates us. If I hear 1 more time that we are too good for the b12, we are scared of texas, we STARTED the leaving talk(not Missouri) and thats why we are leaving...

You are the second person on this thread to say that Husker and Tigers fans will disolve all relations after this game. Are you from some really small town in Nebraska? I live in Shawnee, KS. I know a dozen NE fans personally. Co-workers, neighbors, my wife's best friend. I'm not going to talk to them about CFB anymore? Well, I guess that could be the case if MU loses. <_< My next door neighbor is a Hawkeye, I talk to him about CFB all the time even though our teams are in different conferences.

I think most people talking like that are referring to the visiting fans on the message board every week. In 10 years there aren't going to be Mizzou fans coming on HB and say "Hey, remember 10 years ago when we beat you?"

It's hard for me to explain how I feel as a fan. I have hated Texas with a passion for as long as I can remember. As soon as they beat us for the last time, and officially own us... I just don't hate them now. It's done. I'm moving on. My passionate distataste for other Big 12 teams pales in comparison, so when this game is done, I won't think twice about it. win or lose. It's over, move on.

In 10 years, NOBODY will remember this game, no matter who wins. If it was the last game of the season and we were both unbeaten, then maybe, but as it stands, who cares if mizzou beats a one-loss NU team anyway? We lost to UT already who were unranked, if we lose to mizzou as well then it will go down as a sub-par NU team and nobody will think about it again. If we win, we beat mizzou for to 10,000,000th time and nobody will think about it again.

In 10 years we will all be dead anyway... ever heard of 2012? jeeeesh.

I actually think its mIzzou fans that are jealous. They have absolutely nothing to show for anything during their best years, no CCG win, no major bowl win, except the Alamo Bowl where they barely beat Northwestern.

They wanna be everything Nebraska is. They have years of built up hatred, so when they beat Nebraska they go absolute "ape s*&t" thinkin their the best in the world because they took down Nebraska. Well guess what Tiger fans everytime you beat Nebraska, you absolutely piss yourselfs the next week or week after.

Somehow I think Pinkel will blow this game for Mizzou. So dont worry Tiger faithful you wont be going to Dallas this year.

I'm from Lincoln, and now I'm in Eugene, OR. I talk CFB with a lot of people here, but I don't know any Missouri fans (in Nebraska or Oregon). If Nebraska and Oregon played, we could have intelligent discussions about the game, and no matter who won or lost, nobody would be jerks. There'd be a week of trash talk before the game, and a day of bragging after it, and that would be it. If either side is still trash talking about it 10 years later, then that's just annoying.

I do know some Arizona fans, and Nebraska owns some bragging rights on them right now. But when I talk CFB with them, I don't bring up that we beat them 33-0 the last time we played. I gave them crap the first time I saw them after the game, and that was it. I don't rub it in anytime Nebraska or Arizona football comes up in a conversation. That would be annoying. It's just real life trolling.

Anyways, what I meant when I said, "there will be no reason for Nebraska/Missouri fans to interact ever again," I was basically referring to this very discussion. We aren't going to play again. There won't be any week before or day after trash talk, so why would we talk about this game in the future? If you bring it up with your friends that are Nebraska buddies every time you see them, then you probably won't be friends very long, because that would be lame and annoying. If you try to bring it up on this board once a week for 10 years, when we never play each other, then you'd probably get banned, and nobody here would hear from you again.

Big 12 bragging rights will basically be irrelevant. Nebraska can lose this game, and we'll be gone next year and won't have to hear about it. The only time we'd hear about it is if we played a Big 12 team in a bowl game, and then bragging rights would be at stake anyways.

I'm from Lincoln, and now I'm in Eugene, OR. I talk CFB with a lot of people here, but I don't know any Missouri fans (in Nebraska or Oregon). If Nebraska and Oregon played, we could have intelligent discussions about the game, and no matter who won or lost, nobody would be jerks. There'd be a week of trash talk before the game, and a day of bragging after it, and that would be it. If either side is still trash talking about it 10 years later, then that's just annoying.

I do know some Arizona fans, and Nebraska owns some bragging rights on them right now. But when I talk CFB with them, I don't bring up that we beat them 33-0 the last time we played. I gave them crap the first time I saw them after the game, and that was it. I don't rub it in anytime Nebraska or Arizona football comes up in a conversation. That would be annoying. It's just real life trolling.

Anyways, what I meant when I said, "there will be no reason for Nebraska/Missouri fans to interact ever again," I was basically referring to this very discussion. We aren't going to play again. There won't be any week before or day after trash talk, so why would we talk about this game in the future? If you bring it up with your friends that are Nebraska buddies every time you see them, then you probably won't be friends very long, because that would be lame and annoying. If you try to bring it up on this board once a week for 10 years, when we never play each other, then you'd probably get banned, and nobody here would hear from you again.

Big 12 bragging rights will basically be irrelevant. Nebraska can lose this game, and we'll be gone next year and won't have to hear about it. The only time we'd hear about it is if we played a Big 12 team in a bowl game, and then bragging rights would be at stake anyways.

We could possibly play them in a bowl though, you never know.

Is your neighbor an a-hole Iowa fan or a decent Iowa fan? From my experience most of them are a-holes. Some can be okay by themselves, but get them with other Hawkeye fans and look out. You'll be ready to kill yourself with how great they think they are. Born and raised in Iowa and still live here. Surrounded by Hawkeye fans and this is quickly becoming occupied territory with our move to the Big 10.

Also, I really don't think this game will be talked about in 10 years. I don't know any Missouri fans personally and haven't talked to one in years besides on this board.

This game means everything to Missouri fans. If Nebraska wins for me anyway I'll just be happy because it means we probably played mistake free football or kept the Missouri D on their heels somewhat instead of faxing them our list of run and predictable pass plays. I realize Oklahoma was a big win for Missouri but Oklahoma hasn't blown me away at all this year either. Definitely not a # 1 team.

Unless something bizarre happens or there is some sort of miraculous ending the only reason I might remember this game is because it will be the last time we played a particular Big 12 team. The same goes for the rest of the teams on our schedule.

If Nebraska wins tomorrow I believe this game becomes somewhat forgettable. Nebraska will have bragging rights over MU, which they have always had anyway. Nebraska almost certainly goes to the CCG which will be a great transition statement. However, overtime I don't think people will remember beating MU as the key that got NE into the CCG.

If Nebraska loses, this game will be remembered forever. MU will not let you forget. The BIG12 will not let you forget. Nebraska's entire motivation for leaving the BIG12 will be put in doubt. People will say you left because you couldn't win the conference anymore. Missouri had won the North 3 of last 4 years. Nebraska had only been to the CCG twice in the last decade and had lost both times. It was becoming increasingly obvious that NE was MU's b*tch. Etc, etc. Of course that is all hyperbole.....but it will be said and it will be said often.

Just some food for thought. No pressure tomorrow guys.

I know one thing. "YOU" will remember this game if Mizzou loses. Just like I remember the 62 season when Mizzou stopped our undefeated season. Yeah I still remember it. I, like many other Husker fans on this board, will forget about this game over a short time, win or lose today. You lose today, you won't............

GBR!!!

GBR!!!

I wagered half of my testicles on this game. (I have an extra, older set. From the 50's.) Soooo...If NU loses, things won't be much different for me a decade from now. I'm still not going to be having any sex.

Really, though, in terms of historical relevance, this game means way more to Missouri then it does to us. Not in terms of this season, for this game is clearly and equally HUGE for both of us, but going forward past this year. Listening to soundbites and reading clips from Mizzou media types has let me know one thing, for sure. We mean a lot to Missouri football. You all are screwed without us. Where is all that bitterness, jealously, and anger going to go after we're no longer around to serve as a conduit? I'm serious. You gonna get all riled up for your annual match ups with 2-7 KU teams? 5-3 KSU teams?

Ten years from now the Tiger base will still have ample venom ready to direct at anything NU related. We, meanwhile, will have moved on.

I think most people talking like that are referring to the visiting fans on the message board every week. In 10 years there aren't going to be Mizzou fans coming on HB and say "Hey, remember 10 years ago when we beat you?"

It's hard for me to explain how I feel as a fan. I have hated Texas with a passion for as long as I can remember. As soon as they beat us for the last time, and officially own us... I just don't hate them now. It's done. I'm moving on. My passionate distataste for other Big 12 teams pales in comparison, so when this game is done, I won't think twice about it. win or lose. It's over, move on.

In 10 years, NOBODY will remember this game, no matter who wins. If it was the last game of the season and we were both unbeaten, then maybe, but as it stands, who cares if mizzou beats a one-loss NU team anyway? We lost to UT already who were unranked, if we lose to mizzou as well then it will go down as a sub-par NU team and nobody will think about it again. If we win, we beat mizzou for to 10,000,000th time and nobody will think about it again.

Total buzzkill

Total buzzkill

Don't be down about it. Live in the now! Plus, we'll get to see most of the 2012 Football season before the world is destroyed.