MIZWHO?

Hey, it's better than losing to the 10 year old...

They will now sink back into irrelevance in the Big Texas Conference.

If you think you're one of the best teams in this conference, why would we sink lower when you leave? We will be solidly the 3rd best team in the conference.

This concept may be-well actually it undoubtably will be-over your head, but what he's saying is that the strength of the coference will take a huge hit with us leaving, making the Big 12-2 the Midwestern equivalent of the Big East. Maybe one team will rise up every once in a while, but like the West Virginias and Cinncinattis of the world, you will ultimately fail and do so miserably.

If you think you're one of the best teams in this conference, why would we sink lower when you leave? We will be solidly the 3rd best team in the conference.

Are you seriously touting the fact that after we leave you will be "solidly the 3rd best team in the conference"? So do your fans start a "We're number 3, we're number 3" chant? Do you make giant foam fingers with #3 on them? And does that giant #3 foam finger actually have three fingers on it? What does it feel like to always have to settle? I almost feel sorry for you.

mizwho? They're that school that was begging to get into the Big Ten, but got snubbed for Nebraska, and then called us traitors for leaving.

Grow up.

Good luck in the future Missouri (and TigerNuts).

yeah, i gotta say that doesnt make much sense. Missouri is going to be the lone formidable team in the old North and probably the only team that can run with OU and Texas. Gabbert is awesome. I could not believe some of the rifle shots he delivered. He is a very VERY good quarterback.

There is no "North" anymore in the Big 12, starting next year. Missouri can't work their way through a weak division to a shot at the conference championship anymore. They gotta beat OU and Texas and the rest of the south head on.

yeah, i gotta say that doesnt make much sense. Missouri is going to be the lone formidable team in the old North and probably the only team that can run with OU and Texas. Gabbert is awesome. I could not believe some of the rifle shots he delivered. He is a very VERY good quarterback.

There is no "North" anymore in the Big 12, starting next year. Missouri can't work their way through a weak division to a shot at the conference championship anymore. They gotta beat OU and Texas and the rest of the south head on.

I'm fine with that, too. I look forward to playing them every year. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. I think having to play them every year will make our team better.

I agree with Lanlord. We have some very respectable Tiger fans that come onto this board and show us nothing but respect. Keep it cool around here for crying out loud. We played a damn good football team today. We executed when we needed to and came out with the win. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season! GBR!!!

And I don't think Missouri is going to do overly well. I think they'll be a distant third in tie with OSU and A&M. Texas is hurting this year and Oklahoma has a loss, but they will still be the best teams in the conference and their depth is what is going to win them football games and the conference every year.

Yes. There is no "North" after this year. Just a round robbin with two seriously bigger dogs (UT and OU) and no CCG to boost end of year ratings. The Big 12 will lose a lot more than Nebraska due to the loss of the CCG. I'm not saying that Mizzou isn't a good team, they are, but their attempt at relevance will become much more difficult as of next year. Unless you beat OU and UT, in which case you deserve the national attention. I'm afraid that the Big 12 is going to become a "sudden death" conference. One loss and you're done with no chance to gain ground late in the season...

And I don't think Missouri is going to do overly well. I think they'll be a distant third in tie with OSU and A&M. Texas is hurting this year and Oklahoma has a loss, but they will still be the best teams in the conference and their depth is what is going to win them football games and the conference every year.

*cough* *cough* Baylor *cough*

This was a GOOD Mizzou team, you cant take that away from them, they will be just fine, they have an easier road then NU does, all it takes is for one slip up for NU and they lose the North, this is far from over, i would refrain from running the mouths too much. :thumbs

100% correct.

There was zero quit from Missou even down 24 - 0 in the 1st qtr. Traitor or not, Gabbert is one VERY tough dude. Oh boy, he took a BEATING and somehow still kept ticking. Damn fine qb.

Good luck Missou!! Hope to see you soon in the Big10 with us. It would be great to have a Big8 brother to hate annually. :cheers