Crowd chanting "overrated"

You guys are being pretty defensive in this thread. Tigernuts sucks because he is a Mizzou fan, but he probably cannot help that due to inbreeding, meth addicition or intense hillbillifacation, so I would choose to be nice to him. He seems like a pretty decent guy and a fair-minded poster from what I have read.

he is just another troll. next week it will be a new team, new message board.

You guys are being pretty defensive in this thread. Tigernuts sucks because he is a Mizzou fan, but he probably cannot help that due to inbreeding, meth addicition or intense hillbillifacation, so I would choose to be nice to him. He seems like a pretty decent guy and a fair-minded poster from what I have read.

I understand the hate between MU and KU, but please refrain from personal attacks. I don't agree with Tigernuts, and I don't know whether he is trolling, is divided and hurt as a fan, or what. I do know it takes some balls to stick around and take your lumps like this. Let's keep it directed to the posts and not at the poster and keep the discussion rolling forward. chuckleshuffle

Classiest fans in America

I have a question. Don't you think sometimes some kind of stinging chants are fun?

I love hockey and in the rink some of the chants make me laugh. They are clever....and sting a little. "Over-rated" isn't really that bad. Kind of a dig but don't you do that with your buddies anyways?

I don't have a problem with a little sting. You handed us our asses, fair and square. But "overrated" has, and always will be, a dumb and classless chant. You're actually running down your own team when you chant this.

You can't, on one hand, pound your chest about a win over a top 10 team and then turn around and chant "overrated".

I can promise you most Nebraska fans won't pound their chests about a win over a top 10 mizzou team... because (right or wrong) mizzou football is NOT taken seriously in this state

You (not you specifically) started a whole thread about it: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/48057-monkey-is-finally-off-our-backs/

I realize this doesn't necessarily represent the entire fanbase, but I highly doubt you will just dismiss this win.

Build a bridge, get over it.

If i'm not mistaken, this is the umpteenth time you've pitched a proverbial b*tch about it, and used that same link as the basis for your arguement.

It's done, you've lost.

We're taking our Bell, and going home

Classiest fans in America

Edited by Rawhide: thank you very much. j/k

Who first coined this phrase and continues to do so on a weekly basis? I will give you a hint, it is not Husker fans. TigerNuts, how do you think you would be treated on other Big12 message boards?

As far as how the game went...you got Pinkel'd!

Missouri...this is why I hate that O you run. First and goal inside the 1 freaking yard line. No TD. And that will be your ball game folks.

I remember when South Dakota State did the same thing...

SDSU=Mizzou

:yeah

It's funny cuz it has a double meaning.

Indeed. We didn't have to throw an illegal block downfield to beat an SDSU though.

I have never gotten the overrated chant. Wouldn't you rather the team you are playing truly be that good and you are just better? Chanting overrated is saying - well since my team is beating you then you guys must suck because we could never hope to beat anyone that was actually good enough to be ranked where you are.