The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

So does the university retire numbers for a length of time say 10 years.

It's important to note that they didn't retire Suh's number, they retired his jersey. Someone will be wearing #93 next year, just like this year.

The only two numbers to be permanently retired are Bob Brown's #64 and Tom Novak's #60. Of course, Johnny Rodgers' #20 was retired, but when his son Terry came to Nebraska Johnny allowed it to go back into circulation.

Maybe they'll retire #93 some day. Bob Brown played in the 60s and only had his number retired recently, in 2004.

It's important to note that they didn't retire Suh's number, they retired his jersey. Someone will be wearing #93 next year, just like this year.

The only two numbers to be permanently retired are Bob Brown's #64 and Tom Novak's #60. Of course, Johnny Rodgers' #20 was retired, but when his son Terry came to Nebraska Johnny allowed it to go back into circulation.

Maybe they'll retire #93 some day. Bob Brown played in the 60s and only had his number retired recently, in 2004.

I think they re-retired Johnny's number, but I could be wrong. I think that's why Adi changed to #1 and Rex didn't get a #20 coming in (although it was his high school number).

I think they re-retired Johnny's number, but I could be wrong. I think that's why Adi changed to #1 and Rex didn't get a #20 coming in (although it was his high school number).

Nothing official has been announced. I can't remember the last guy to wear #20, but officially only Novak and Brown have their numbers retired. Maybe they'll rethink it and re-retire Johnny's number. Can't say he didn't deserve it.

Marlon Lucky wore #20 his first couple years

If I'm right (no idea if I am or not), and they did re-retire Johnny's number, it wasn't until the end of the 2008 season (Marlon changed his in the '07 season to #5). I could have swore I remember reading one or two articles about it, and about why the current players on the roster with the number 20 changed theirs (Adi Kunalic and Jase Dean at the time). There's gotta be some explanation why we've had doubles of nearly every other number but not a single #20 the last two seasons.

Suh earlier this month was fined $15,000 for his hit on Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. Suh was asked if referees might target him a bit given his knack for big hits.

"I'm a very fast, agile 305-pound man," he said. "Big collisions are going to happen." LINK

NICE!

Suh making waves across the league:

Pewter Report Article

“You’ve seen the stuff he does,” right guard Derek Hardman said. “He’s a great player. It’s great to watch him and see what he does. I’ll do the best I can this week to prepare for him. It will be a collective approach and we’ll do the best we can to stop him. Whatever they ask me to do I’m going to do. If they give me help, they give me help.”

While Hardman was answering questions about the standout rookie on Wednesday, right tackle Jeremy Trueblood joked to reporters, “Don’t talk to him, he has the ‘Suh Flu.’ He’s scared of Suh.”

• 3 weeks later...

This sucks.

Suh to have surgery, miss Pro Bowl

The Detroit Lions announced on Wednesday that rookie Ndamukong Suh will undergo shoulder surgery and will not play in the 2011 Pro Bowl.

The surgery is set for January 10 as Suh became the first Lions rookie named to the to the Pro Bowl since running back Barry Sanders in 1990.

"My thinking (on surgery) was just to make sure I was 100-percent healthy going into the off-season program and to be ready for March and so forth," Suh said. "I truly wanted to play in the Pro Bowl, which is a great honor and opportunity.