The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

1 - Suh apologized for letting his team down...he didn't admit to trying to hurt the guy. "apologize for letting my teammates down".

2 - I still say he didn't try to stop on his arm w/ any force. THE GUY DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH WHY WON'T ANYONE EVER MENTION THIS HUUUUUUGE FACT??????? If he would put ANY meaningful pressure on his arm w/ that stomp he would made some sort of painful reaction. HE MADE NONE and when he got up he didn't even look at his arm. So how can you not conclude that the only bad thing about the stomp is what it appeared to look like on the surface....and it's all just knee jerk reactions.

Am I missing something here? No one made a single comment on this the first time I mentioned it. How can something so obvious to me not get a mention from any NU fans let alone the media... 310 lb man stomps on a guys arm w/ cleats and the guys doesn't even clinch...either Bruce Willis isn't the only "unbreakable" out there...or the stomp is a nonstory.

His "apology" was embarrassing, as well as cringe-worthy. The best thing he could've done was own up to his actions right away. He did not. That's what people are jumping on him for.

And as for your second point: the stomp is OK because he didn't hurt the guy? Frankly, that's bullsh#t.

well you just proved yourself to be 100% not objective. You didn't address anything I said directly but instead spun it and put words in my mouth. It's because he may not have TRIED to hurt the guy. Same as if you purposely miss when you swing a punch in to the air to release frustration/energy.

That's essentially what I said. I don't know what you're getting at. Are you saying he just stomped his foot and didn't know Dietrich-Smith's arm was there?

Can't be 100% sure..on Suh knows...but we do know for a fact he didn't didn't hurt the guy int he very least...and good chance didn't even touch him. I'm not arguing the penalty....as far as the ejection and probable fine....well he put the refs in a position where they had to make a quick/knee jerk decision and didn't get to review the call and consider all the evidence like we can...so I don't fault them for the ejection. NOW..the media, fans and NFL can consider all the evidence and he should not get a suspension, but maybe a fine. The only reason I'd understand a fine is because It's probably a good rule to have and even common sense that you shouldn't make the type of motion Suh made towards a player. Be it a kick, swing, etc.... Unfortunately I suspect the NFL will cave to the storming of the castle media and fans and give him a suspension.

Explain to me how this is illegal

Last time I checked, you could push someone down.

How is this dirty?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vtOrd1U5Z8

He got facemask, cool. So do hundreds of players every season. He got Delhomme at a weird angle and took him down the way he could.

The NFL is scared of Suh and they don't know how to handle him, so they default to flags and fines. The NFL is ridiculous. Even the Big 12, in a game fixed for Texas, let Suh play instead of making things up to penalize him for. (Media link limit reached. See Suh v. McCoy)

That is just as bad as anything else he's done. He's a freak of nature, that doesn't mean he should be prevented from playing football.

He plays w/in the rules...except for the accidental facemask that was shown. The "problem" is that he plays in a violent way that is pretty much w/in the rules. It's just that the ref haven't seen a guy play like this before and it looks so violent that they just throw flags on it...and then it gets fined.

I remember the first time I noticed this in Suh. It was his senior year vs Missouri in the rain. He sacked/tackled Gabbert in a body slam type of way...which is legal I"m sure...but I remember thinking "Wow...he's trying to really hurt Gabbert...that'll probably get a flag". It didnt' get a flag which was the right call. He also did these type of sacks/tackles through out the year...at least once vs McCoy. Most guys just take the QB down...Suh grabs them...and throws all his weight into a body type slam and it just looks violent and over the top.

What they need to do is change/make a rule and then Suh will know it and can follow it...OR stop calling these flags and giving the fines/ect because it's simply not right/fair to do so.

• Fire 1

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/slauson_suh_out_of_control_5t23sA75vS0VJAockxueiM

Jets' Slauson says former college teammate Suh 'out of control'

Don’t sit Jets guard Matt Slauson next to Ndamukong Suh at the next Nebraska football reunion.

A day after Suh was ejected from the Lions’ loss to Green Bay for yet another over-the-line incident, Slauson blasted his former college teammated as “out of control” and wondered if Suh needs psychological help.

“Somebody needs to get him under control, because he’s trying to hurt people,” Slauson said in an exclusive interview with The Post after practice yesterday. “It’s one thing to be an incredibly physical player and a tenacious player, but it’s another thing to set out to end that guy’s career.”

[/left][/left]

http://www.nypost.co...5vS0VJAockxueiM

Don’t sit Jets guard Matt Slauson next to Ndamukong Suh at the next Nebraska football reunion.

A day after Suh was ejected from the Lions’ loss to Green Bay for yet another over-the-line incident, Slauson blasted his former college teammated as “out of control” and wondered if Suh needs psychological help.

“Somebody needs to get him under control, because he’s trying to hurt people,” Slauson said in an exclusive interview with The Post after practice yesterday. “It’s one thing to be an incredibly physical player and a tenacious player, but it’s another thing to set out to end that guy’s career.”

[/left]

Was already talked about in the Suh thread 3 days ago.

http://www.nypost.co...5vS0VJAockxueiM

[/left]

For accidently stepping on a guys arm? From what I've read the guy didn't even flinch!! This is the NFL!! Players get hurt all the time!! Good grief!

Lady, you need to take off the Husker glasses.

He intentionally stomped on the guy when he was down, he slammed the guys head in the ground I think I counted 3 times. I am sure the other guy caused the outburst, but his response was out of conrol. I love Suh as much as anyone, but he is running on the edge and needs to look at his actions.

In this case I don't see the stomping. He turned away and stamped his foot in anger, wasn't even looking. Do not think he meant to hit the guy. Like that time Brandon Stokley was ejected for slapping a ref. He was swinging his hand in frustration while leaving after discussing with an official over a call, and accidentally nicked the tip of the official's still outstretched hand.