The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Lady, you need to take off the Husker glasses.

He intentionally stomped on the guy when he was down, he slammed the guys head in the ground I think I counted 3 times. I am sure the other guy caused the outburst, but his response was out of conrol. I love Suh as much as anyone, but he is running on the edge and needs to look at his actions.

No disrespect skersfan but I disagree. Suh wasn't even looking at the guy when his foot came down. He was frustrated and stomped his foot. Can you really say that Suh maliciously stomped on that players' arm? As far as the head slamming thing-I've seen plenty of NFL players do that but no one threw them out. Having said that, because he has now been labeled 'dirty' he is going to be under a microscope a long time. That happened to one of our NU boys a couple of years ago. He was ejected from the game too because they said he led with his helmet. It wasn't malicious but after that every time he was on the field the refs had his number. That will be Suh's future too unfortunately. So in that light, yes he needs to have a mentor come alongside him and teach him the other 'game': the ins and outs of staying a positive player in a cut throat industry. Otherwise the player that we all know and love will be destroyed by the very 'game' he loves so well.

He intentionally stomped on the guy when he was down, he slammed the guys head in the ground I think I counted 3 times. I am sure the other guy caused the outburst, but his response was out of conrol. I love Suh as much as anyone, but he is running on the edge and needs to look at his actions.

No disrespect skersfan but I disagree. Suh wasn't even looking at the guy when his foot came down. He was frustrated and stomped his foot. Can you really say that Suh maliciously stomped on that players' arm? As far as the head slamming thing-I've seen plenty of NFL players do that but no one threw them out. Having said that, because he has now been labeled 'dirty' he is going to be under a microscope a long time. That happened to one of our NU boys a couple of years ago. He was ejected from the game too because they said he led with his helmet. It wasn't malicious but after that every time he was on the field the refs had his number. That will be Suh's future too unfortunately. So in that light, yes he needs to have a mentor come alongside him and teach him the other 'game': the ins and outs of staying a positive player in a cut throat industry. Otherwise the player that we all know and love will be destroyed by the very 'game' he loves so well.

Ah Ladyhawke, I expected more out of you.

And freak...I'd give you some plusses but I've "reached my quota" or something. Where are you finding these things? They're awesome.

Ah Ladyhawke, I expected more out of you.

And freak...I'd give you some plusses but I've "reached my quota" or something. Where are you finding these things? They're awesome.

Sorry? What did you expect? I guess I'm not ready to throw one of our premiere players under the bus for something that he did or didn't do. When I watched that play I saw a guy who was frustrated. Now if he would've looked down at him and stomped away then maybe I would've had a different opinion.

If this isn't what you're talking about I'm puzzled. Clue me in. (BTW-You guys are cracking me up! You are SO funny! I'm glad you didn't decide to leave the board permanently.)

I'm making them up as I go....

Can you make one with a baby seal? Or maybe one with that "Tank Man" from the Tiananmen Square protests...those would be great

Badgerfan, I would like to hear your opinion on my objectivity is subjective comment in this thread.

Oh no...I'm not going there...

For some perspective, here is what the 'victim' of Suh's stomping had to say about the whole ordeal: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82477dd3/article/lions-suh-agree-stomp-vs-packers-unacceptable

In 2006, Albert Haynesworth, then with the Tennessee Titans, was suspended five games after swiping his cleats across the head of helmetless Dallas center Andre Gurode. Suh's stomp wasn't toward Dietrich-Smith's head, and the Green Bay player didn't seem too much worse for wear.

When asked afterward where Suh stepped on him, Dietrich-Smith sounded like he didn't want to stir the pot.

"I have no idea," he said. "I have to watch the tape."

The guy didn't even know where he had been stepped on!! C'mon! If Suh had really wanted to hurt this player he could've done so. I refuse to think this is nothing more than Suh was frustrated and stomped his foot. The GB player just happened to be under it. Now if I had seen Suh look right down at this player then stomp away THEN I would agree with others. I also enjoyed what the Jets coach had to say about the ordeal:

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan came up with one tongue-in-cheek solution Friday.

"I'll be honest with you, I think the young man, he should be released ... and come to the Jets," Ryan joked. "I'm just throwing that out there. I don't think he's that good of a player. I don't know about the incident and all that jazz, but we'll take him. We'll sacrifice that way."

Ryan then turned a little more serious. "I don't even know what to say on it," Ryan said. "You've seen things like that happen on the field before. It's an emotional game."

I'm making them up as I go....

Can you make one with a baby seal? Or maybe one with that "Tank Man" from the Tiananmen Square protests...those would be great

Badgerfan, I would like to hear your opinion on my objectivity is subjective comment in this thread.

Ah Badgerfan! I expected more from you! ;) lol

NO! Dammit I WANT AN ANSWER

Ok well fine...It was an interesting roller coaster of a read that I couldn't put down. I would recomend it to all my friends and if I were a hipster I'd sit in Starbucks and blog about it on my Mac Book while slowly tweaking my handle bar mustache....that's my opinion.

For some perspective, here is what the 'victim' of Suh's stomping had to say about the whole ordeal: http://www.nfl.com/n...rs-unacceptable

In 2006, Albert Haynesworth, then with the Tennessee Titans, was suspended five games after swiping his cleats across the head of helmetless Dallas center Andre Gurode. Suh's stomp wasn't toward Dietrich-Smith's head, and the Green Bay playerdidn't seem too much worse for wear.

When asked afterward where Suh stepped on him, Dietrich-Smith sounded like he didn't want to stir the pot.

"I have no idea," he said. "I have to watch the tape."

The guy didn't even know where he had been stepped on!! C'mon! If Suh had really wanted to hurt this player he could've done so. I refuse to think this is nothing more than Suh was frustrated and stomped his foot. The GB player just happened to be under it. Now if I had seen Suh look right down at this player then stomp away THEN I would agree with others. I also enjoyed what the Jets coach had to say about the ordeal:

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan came up with one tongue-in-cheek solution Friday.

"I'll be honest with you, I think the young man, he should be released ... and come to the Jets," Ryan joked. "I'm just throwing that out there. I don't think he's that good of a player. I don't know about the incident and all that jazz, but we'll take him. We'll sacrifice that way."

Ryan then turned a little more serious. "I don't even know what to say on it," Ryan said."You've seen things like that happen on the field before. It's an emotional game."

Whoa. Really?

I'm long past the denial stage with Suh. The man needs some help.