The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

For some perspective, here is what the 'victim' of Suh's stomping had to say about the whole ordeal: http://www.nfl.com/n...rs-unacceptable

In 2006, Albert Haynesworth, then with the Tennessee Titans, was suspended five games after swiping his cleats across the head of helmetless Dallas center Andre Gurode. Suh's stomp wasn't toward Dietrich-Smith's head, and the Green Bay playerdidn't seem too much worse for wear.

When asked afterward where Suh stepped on him, Dietrich-Smith sounded like he didn't want to stir the pot.

"I have no idea," he said. "I have to watch the tape."

The guy didn't even know where he had been stepped on!! C'mon! If Suh had really wanted to hurt this player he could've done so. I refuse to think this is nothing more than Suh was frustrated and stomped his foot. The GB player just happened to be under it. Now if I had seen Suh look right down at this player then stomp away THEN I would agree with others. I also enjoyed what the Jets coach had to say about the ordeal:

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan came up with one tongue-in-cheek solution Friday.

"I'll be honest with you, I think the young man, he should be released ... and come to the Jets," Ryan joked. "I'm just throwing that out there. I don't think he's that good of a player. I don't know about the incident and all that jazz, but we'll take him. We'll sacrifice that way."

Ryan then turned a little more serious. "I don't even know what to say on it," Ryan said."You've seen things like that happen on the field before. It's an emotional game."

Whoa. Really?

I'm long past the denial stage with Suh. The man needs some help.

I think he needs mentoring on how to play the 'NFL Game'. I'm sorry but I've seen plenty of NFL players do things to other players and not even get a flag thrown. The NFL and the media have Suh's number. There's no denying that. I mean, come on!! The guy couldn't even tell he was stepped on! This is the NFL not wussy backyard football. What would've happened if someone had stepped on Suh? I can bet you there would've been NO flag. Denial says that the event didin't happen-it did. Did he throw a fit, yep. Does he need help in getting his crap together/surpressing his temper on the field-yep But to say that I'm in denial because I don't believe that Suh maliciously hurt a player-sorry I don't buy that and neither should you.

I wouldn't go that far, too be honest. If someone stepped on Suh, directly in front of a referee, in the same manner Suh stepped on the Packer's linemen, there would be a flag thrown. I mean the ref was right there and saw everything.

That said, I don't really know what to think about the situation. At this point I think there's too much there to suggest he wasn't frustrated with the play and wasn't in some way trying to enact some level of revenge. But I'm still baffled by the fact that he's been penalized and fined for more issues these last two years than he ever did at Nebraska. This behavior is just ridiculous. Whether people agree with those fines is irrelevant - the rules are in place and he needs to abide by them.

Explain to me how this is illegal

Last time I checked, you could push someone down.

How is this dirty?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vtOrd1U5Z8

He got facemask, cool. So do hundreds of players every season. He got Delhomme at a weird angle and took him down the way he could.

The NFL is scared of Suh and they don't know how to handle him, so they default to flags and fines. The NFL is ridiculous. Even the Big 12, in a game fixed for Texas, let Suh play instead of making things up to penalize him for. (Media link limit reached. See Suh v. McCoy)

That is just as bad as anything else he's done. He's a freak of nature, that doesn't mean he should be prevented from playing football.

I have never had one coach that taught me to make a tackle by hitting an opponent to the back of the head. You are correct football is a violent game but the players have an understanding that these types of things end careers. You go as hard as you can within the rule and that's it.

If you go to the helmet of a QB you should expect to get flagged. Furthermore if you bring them down from behind with two hand on the helmet and he goes from facing one direction to on his back in the the opposite direction there should be no compliant.

I wouldn't go that far, too be honest. If someone stepped on Suh, directly in front of a referee, in the same manner Suh stepped on the Packer's linemen, there would be a flag thrown. I mean the ref was right there and saw everything.

That said, I don't really know what to think about the situation. At this point I think there's too much there to suggest he wasn't frustrated with the play and wasn't in some way trying to enact some level of revenge. But I'm still baffled by the fact that he's been penalized and fined for more issues these last two years than he ever did at Nebraska. This behavior is just ridiculous. Whether people agree with those fines is irrelevant - the rules are in place and he needs to abide by them.

Yes, he does. Do you think that a 2nd year player knows all of the ins and outs of the NFL? I'm sure he knows not to stomp on someone. If he did this maliciously then I've lost all faith in him but I guess I couldn't see that it was done maliciously-like he was out to get the guy-vs an emotional reaction (which there is no excuse for either). NFL football is tough. I've seen worse done to players than this. That the 'victim' was no worse for the wear says something to the extent of the foul.

Does he need to 'grow up'- yep. That's why I think it's important for him to get a mentor. Someone he respects that plays as hard as he does yet plays within the rules. Doesn't Vandenbausch play on the same team as Suh? He's had some NFL experience. We used to call him 'The Mad German' here in Nebraska. Maybe he could give Suh some help. I don't deny that Suh needs mentoring but I'm not ready to throw him under the bus for that incident. :(

http://www.nypost.co...5vS0VJAockxueiM

Jets' Slauson says former college teammate Suh 'out of control'

Don’t sit Jets guard Matt Slauson next to Ndamukong Suh at the next Nebraska football reunion.

A day after Suh was ejected from the Lions’ loss to Green Bay for yet another over-the-line incident, Slauson blasted his former college teammated as “out of control” and wondered if Suh needs psychological help.

“Somebody needs to get him under control, because he’s trying to hurt people,” Slauson said in an exclusive interview with The Post after practice yesterday. “It’s one thing to be an incredibly physical player and a tenacious player, but it’s another thing to set out to end that guy’s career.”

[/left]

I wonder why they had to start with the sensationalistic interpretation of what he said before they directly quoted him. They had the words, why not just print all of it? The quoted section seemed to show concern, the indirect stuff was interpretative and really useless. "Blasted"? Come on. I hate that sort of terminology in any news article.

In this case I don't see the stomping. He turned away and stamped his foot in anger, wasn't even looking. Do not think he meant to hit the guy.

snip

Better to watch the video than to take a single image out of context.

Please explain how that is "out of context".

As it's been stated many times....when the foot came down it didn't land on the player in any way that created pain...and from what we know it didn't even touch him.

Why do you keep ignoring this fact?

In this case I don't see the stomping. He turned away and stamped his foot in anger, wasn't even looking. Do not think he meant to hit the guy.

snip

As it's been stated many times....when the foot came down it didn't land on the player in any way that created pain...and from what we know it didn't even touch him.

Why do I keep ignoring what? That's not a "fact" that it didn't hurt him. It's not a "fact" that it didn't touch him.

Why do you keep ignoring the incredibly obvious picture and video. It doesn't lie. I realize the guy's a former Husker, but come on.

For some perspective, here is what the 'victim' of Suh's stomping had to say about the whole ordeal: http://www.nfl.com/n...rs-unacceptable

In 2006, Albert Haynesworth, then with the Tennessee Titans, was suspended five games after swiping his cleats across the head of helmetless Dallas center Andre Gurode. Suh's stomp wasn't toward Dietrich-Smith's head, and the Green Bay player didn't seem too much worse for wear.

When asked afterward where Suh stepped on him, Dietrich-Smith sounded like he didn't want to stir the pot.

"I have no idea," he said. "I have to watch the tape."

The guy didn't even know where he had been stepped on!! C'mon! If Suh had really wanted to hurt this player he could've done so. I refuse to think this is nothing more than Suh was frustrated and stomped his foot. The GB player just happened to be under it. Now if I had seen Suh look right down at this player then stomp away THEN I would agree with others. I also enjoyed what the Jets coach had to say about the ordeal:

:yeah

Lost his temper. Acted like a child. Cost his team a touchdown. Brought the heat upon himself and needs to face up to it.

Agreed on all of this. I don't think anyone is saying different. However what you say above shouldn't and has never warranted a suspension. Just looking for a little perspective and rational thought.

I have never had one coach that taught me to make a tackle by hitting an opponent to the back of the head. You are correct football is a violent game but the players have an understanding that these types of things end careers. You go as hard as you can within the rule and that's it.

If you go to the helmet of a QB you should expect to get flagged. Furthermore if you bring them down from behind with two hand on the helmet and he goes from facing one direction to on his back in the the opposite direction there should be no compliant.

Now go back and watch the video and see he hit him in the back of the shoulder pad and not helmet.

snip

Why do I keep ignoring what? That's not a "fact" that it didn't hurt him. It's not a "fact" that it didn't touch him.

Why do you keep ignoring the incredibly obvious picture and video. It doesn't lie. I realize the guy's a former Husker, but come on.

It's a fact it didn't hurt the Packer player. He wasn't injured..he showed no signs of pain, there were no marks, he didn't even know where he was "kicked".

I'm not ignoring the video...YOU are. THere are NO signs that he made contact. Please keep your eye on the ball/evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZMdfrc-6U8

This should end it....Look at 1:26, I defended Suh until this different angle came out. He clearly stomped on the guys arm. This may have been a "dirty play". Suh however is not a dirty player. He will defiantly get suspended. 3 games minimum. FWIW.

WRONG. Maybe he meant to TRY to kick him...only he can know that. But evidence/video shows he made little to not contact. So it's factually wrong to say he "stomped on the guys arm".

What Suh for sure is guilty of is being a dumbass for even creating the possibility for this misinterpretation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZMdfrc-6U8

This should end it....Look at 1:26, I defended Suh until this different angle came out. He clearly stomped on the guys arm. This may have been a "dirty play". Suh however is not a dirty player. He will defiantly get suspended. 3 games minimum. FWIW.

WRONG. Maybe he meant to TRY to kick him...only he can know that. But evidence/video shows he made little to not contact. So it's factually wrong to say he "stomped on the guys arm".

What Suh for sure is guilty of is being a dumbass for even creating the possibility for this misinterpretation.

So what are you trying to argue? That Suh had no intention of hitting Dietrich-Smith with his kick?

• Fire 1